• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IR Bell pretty little fifties thread

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Here's Jonny! Bairstow will feel that he has definitely missed out after only scoring a PLF today v the Banglas.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
And a rather predictable PLF from Root himself. To be fair some of the later bowling from Banglas has been good.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
If the Babar dismissal has been quite pivotal to the outcome of the match, Rohit Sharma will be kicking himself that he hasn’t tonned up and got over the line here. Therefore an entry.

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
A livewire start by Sri Lankas openers, Nissanka and Perera but they get out before the job is finished! On here they come!

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
There was much discussion on the merits of Kohli's innings amongst the Indian members of my cricket club over him being rather selfish. Some of them thought he got his just deserts when he got out 5 runs short of his ton. However, for the purposes of me feeling the need to update this thread, he is definitely worthy of an entry!

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
I’ve not updated the thread in a few days because I was away. However, how could I not get back to it for a Rohit PLF!

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
This thread should be closed before it gets to 100 posts.
In all honesty, I don't expect it to really get going until the England test team plays again, i.e. next February when they will give us multiple entries. When this equivalent thread was started on the old Cricket 247 forum it was done so after the India 2016/2017 tour when unconverted 50s had been an endemic part of England batting performances for some time, especially from Root, as the opening post here suggests. However, the number of 50s might well be dependent on how many raging bunsens India prepare. The more they do, the less posts there will be here.

Ali TT

International Regular
In all honesty, I don't expect it to really get going until the England test team plays again, i.e. next February when they will give us multiple entries. When this equivalent thread was started on the old Cricket 247 forum it was done so after the India 2016/2017 tour when unconverted 50s had been an endemic part of England batting performances for some time, especially from Root, as the opening post here suggests. However, the number of 50s might well be dependent on how many raging bunsens India prepare. The more they do, the less posts there will be here.
It will be combined team entries

Chin Music

State Vice-Captain
Virat Kohli, the gift that keeps giving. Perhaps it is a slight sign of decline, even in the format to which he has arguably excelled the most, that he has been unable to convert more of his opportunities at this World Cup.

Ali TT

International Regular
Virat Kohli, the gift that keeps giving. Perhaps it is a slight sign of decline, even in the format to which he has arguably excelled the most, that he has been unable to convert more of his opportunities at this World Cup.
Not so much that's he's passed 50 and not converted 4 times but that 3 of his dismissals were in touching distance of tonning up, so quite uncharacteristic of him really.