• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India vs. Pakistan test series

What will be the result of India vs. Pakistan test series?

• India wins

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Pakistan wins

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ReallyCrazy

Banned
waqar younis

this is not about reverse swing or anything. I just wanna know about waqar. has he retired or is he still playing? I was thinking they were gonna pick him for the india series but i was wrong. He's my fave bowler ever.

Swervy

International Captain
thehellraiser said:
swervy mate....what are u actually on about
u mean its okay for warne to take drugs......and just because the pakistani bowlers were reverse swinging the ball more that any one .....u cal it cheating
u should be given the comedian of the year award
thank you..i can be quite funny when i want to..so comedian of the year is very nice of you.....oh sorry..did you not mean that..i guess i should have read what you said better.

And maybe you should have read what I said a bit better hellraiser...coz i havent said anything of the sort about Warne

aussiefan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Going to be an intresting series

i think that when India and Pakistan play they both leave all 'other' worries behind and try to win the game.

Pakistan used to enjoy a supremacy against India for quite some time but in the recent past India have turned the tables upside down.

The world cup match was one of the best match I have ever seen.

I think sachin should not be over rated as he is done. Sehwag should be consistent. he is not a milk drinking kid so that he has to be back to the dressing room soon.

Kaif should be in the team 15 at the expence of Bangar.

The bowling should remain the same as it was in australia expect Nehra making way for Zaheer Khan and karthik being thrown out.

I FULLY HOPE THAT INDIA WINS THE SERIES.

AND I BELIEVE THAT INDIA WILL WIN IT.

BEST OF LUCK GUYS!:cool2:

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Re: waqar younis

ReallyCrazy said:
this is not about reverse swing or anything. I just wanna know about waqar. has he retired or is he still playing? I was thinking they were gonna pick him for the india series but i was wrong. He's my fave bowler ever.

Waqar always had the "never die attitude",but he should now realised that his career islong ove and he won't be picked again.

He was basically available but wasn't picked by selectors.Frankly i would go for Gul, Shabbir and other young quick rathe than pick Waqar again.

Every cricketer should announce retirement at right time.

biased indian

International Coach
This will become the most watched test and ODI series in the history of the game no doubt about that

i will like this out come

ODI pakistan 3-2
test india 2-1

V Reddy

International Debutant
Beda ....Not so sure about that. During the oneday series the students in both countries have exams :!( . But nothing beats a World Cup for me. I would watch it above an Indo-Pak match any day .

The result could exactly be the opposite :P

aussiefan

koch_cha said:
This will become the most watched test and ODI series in the history of the game no doubt about that

i will like this out come

ODI pakistan 3-2
test india 2-1

I think

India will win the ODI
and will draw the tests

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What would a current Indian ODI side be like, if you picked the best batsmen and bowlers who could field? Ganguly may not be there, but as long as Tendulkar (outfield), Laxman (slips) and Dravid (slips, short leg) are there, the batting is still strong. It may be this-

Tendulkar (outfield/slip)
Sehwag (slip/short leg)
Yuvraj (point)
Laxman (slip/outfield)
Dravid (slip/short leg)
Kaif (cover)
Rohan Gavaskar/J P Yadav (???)
Nayan Mongia (need I say more?)
Irfan Pathan (anywhere in the outfield)
Balaji (long on/long off)
Karthik (long on/long off)
Ramesh Powar (close-in)
Kumble (???)
Agarkar/Sodhi (anywhere)
Bhandari (???)

With a fielding team like this, the Indians would win more matches, and more importantly, more tournaments. Kumble may be a weak link, but he can be substituted for some time, since he will bowl in the middle/final overs, and he needs a break to refresh himself.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
arjun you are so full of it. Ganguly is an important part of the indian team. Why are so against ganguly? Because he actually made the team play as one and be more successful than any other indian team in history? You need a reality check. Nayan "AIEGAA" Mongia? That guy doen't know how to play and you want him back? You will have Rohan Gavaskar but not ganguly? And you are saying you will rather have this unknown guy called JP Yadav and not hemang badani? I'm sorry I'm having a go at you no offence but your team sucks.

aussiefan

Yes I too think that Saurav Ganguly is needed by the indian team.

Inspite of his poor performance with feilding and batting in such a crucial series the momentum of the players should not be disturbed.

it has been a long time since we have seen saurav ganguly perform as he used to do in the early stages of his career. He used to play with a classy touch.

But I think that he will have a big part to play in the comming series. He should come 4 down.

Sehwag
Sachin
Laxman
Ganguly
Dravid
Kaif
Yuvraj
Kumble
Zaheer
Agarkar / Balaji
Pathan

That would me my XI to beat the pakistanis:D

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
arjun you are so full of it. Ganguly is an important part of the indian team. Why are so against ganguly? Because he actually made the team play as one and be more successful than any other indian team in history? You need a reality check. Nayan "AIEGAA" Mongia? That guy doen't know how to play and you want him back? You will have Rohan Gavaskar but not ganguly? And you are saying you will rather have this unknown guy called JP Yadav and not hemang badani? I'm sorry I'm having a go at you no offence but your team sucks.
WHAT GREAT THING HAS HAPPENED WHEN GANGULY TOOK OVER? Nothing, except for a NatWest final victory, handed to them in England, victory in a home rubber against Zimbabwe, which should have been a clean sweep, a victory in a truncated series v/s WI, but NOTHING else. They have NEVER won any other ODI tournament. They're even LOSING one-day tournaments at HOME!

Sure, he made the team play as one, but he has now introduced only his favourites and does not support someone he does not like- he does only as per his own whims and fancies, not for victory. Not only that, he's now making them play negatively, and he's also endorsing sledging- that is the main cause of the downfall of the Indian team. He's now getting out to the same old strategy, and even to bowlers like Harvey! Worst, he can't FIELD! What's HE doing in a one-day team?

Nayan "AIEGAA" Mongia is by a COUNTRY MILE the BEST WICKETKEEPER in India. It is shocking that he is left out. Have you ever seen a wicketkeeper of top quality in action? We have wicketkeepers better than Parthiv Patel and Deep 'Drop' Dasgupta and ESPECIALLY Rahul Dravid. Nayan is far better. Look at the bowling weaknesses- a main reason is the weakness behind the stumps. The choice of a QUALITY wicketkeeper is going to help a lot, especially because India's main bowlign strength is spin. LOOK at how he keeps to the spinners, especially Kumble. You'll know why I support him so much.

Rohan Gavaskar may not be a great batsman, but NEITHER is Ganguly. Besides, he can field, which is another weakness in the Indian team. He's also a useful left-arm spinner, so you have 10 overs bowled by him, so it's not as bad as those pathetic 3-over bowlers, who have cost the team many a match. JP Yadav is the best batting all-rounder in India. No bowler in this Indian team is good enough to take the bulk of wickets, so batting all-rounders like these are needed. Besides, he's a Sehwag-like player who always hits the ball hard.

Are you saying the current Indian team is good enough? A good reality check would be the VB Series. The team was sloppy on the field, they bowled rubbish and they didn't look a champion team at all. That series mattered more than this 'Jeet Lo Dil' event, and they lost it. The team the majority supports so much has let their fans down when needed most, so there is need for change. The team I pick will concede 50-70 runs less. They can still make things happen.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
it has been a long time since we have seen saurav ganguly perform as he used to do in the early stages of his career. He used to play with a classy touch.
I would prefer he get runs against Australian bowlers and fielders, rather than against some minnow/struggling teams. Even more so, I would prefer he improve his fielding to the level of a Ricky Ponting, Andrew Symonds, or even Graeme Smith or Stephen Fleming.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
rashid latif ,recently inan interview said that inzamam has an edge over ganguly.this is because inzamam is in the side purely based on his performance and not just because he is the captain.

i think that he is maybe right

ReallyCrazy

Banned
I'd rather have ganguly in the side than inzamam. you guys bad mouthing ganguly i have had enough of. I am sure he's gonna have a super series in pakistan and then u wont have anything to say

also hellraise, i think rashid latif is talking crap. Ganguly is also in the side because of performance. And his performance is better than inzamams. and he's a better captain and aggressive. inzamam makes a sorry captain

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I am sure he's gonna have a super series in pakistan and then u wont have anything to say
I hope so too. But if he plays the way he did in the VB Series, he'll have more critics at the end of the series. His batting is good, but it's his fielding (it's a known fact- opposition batsmen tap the ball to him and run, he can't do anything), running between wickets (the worst runner between wickets) and captaincy (negative captaincy, negative signs as a captain in times of pressure, never won an ODI series that means much except for NatWest, lack of series victories), but I hope he improves his fielding to the level of, say, Damien Martyn or Michael Clarke and is more positive as a captain, if he really is valuable to the team.

alybaba

Cricket Spectator
anyone know how i can watch this somehow in Canada? CricInfo isn't doing live video, and its not on viewer's choice pay-per-view either ... i've got about 300 indian and pakistani students just dieing to see the matches here at mcgill ...

masterblaster

International Captain
http://www.willow.tv shows all Live Video for Cricket.

They are in negotiation with Taj Entertainment Network (TEN Sports) who have the rights of the India v Pakistan series.

If the negotiation goes through, you will be able to buy Live Video Coverage of the Series through the Internet.

Jaydee

Cricket Spectator
Its going to be close

The whole tour is going to be a exciting ordeal...India will win the One day series cause of the formidable batting line up.

Test series depends on the Indian bowlers...Akthar cannot win all 3 tests for Pakistan...may be 1 but Dravid,Shewag,Laxman,Ganguly and Sachin can win 3 tests for India if they carry on the form.

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
i would take inzamam over ganguly any day
not because of his captaincy but purely because of the form that the man has been in the last few months
and what about his captaincy?

i think pakistan just beat new zealand under his captaincy in newzealand

a test series victory that the indians could not accomplish under the cry baby ganguly before the world cup....in fact the indian team got hammered

then the indian side failed to win the series against newzealand under whining ganguly

they failed to win the final test despite scoring heaps of runs in austrailia......primarily due to mr gangulys negative captaincy

i am not even gonna talk about the vb series

i just think that ganguly should try and concentrating more on his game rather than going on and on and on in situations where i just dont think he has a clue about what he is saying

the guy is a camera mans delight.....spending more time in press conferences than on the pitch.....if i can spot a weaklink in the indian team....its ganguly

i will be waiting for your reply

masterblaster

International Captain
thehellraiser said:
i would take inzamam over ganguly any day
not because of his captaincy but purely because of the form that the man has been in the last few months
and what about his captaincy?

i think pakistan just beat new zealand under his captaincy in newzealand

a test series victory that the indians could not accomplish under the cry baby ganguly before the world cup....in fact the indian team got hammered

then the indian side failed to win the series against newzealand under whining ganguly

they failed to win the final test despite scoring heaps of runs in austrailia......primarily due to mr gangulys negative captaincy

i am not even gonna talk about the vb series

i just think that ganguly should try and concentrating more on his game rather than going on and on and on in situations where i just dont think he has a clue about what he is saying

the guy is a camera mans delight.....spending more time in press conferences than on the pitch.....if i can spot a weaklink in the indian team....its ganguly

i will be waiting for your reply
pffft......

whatever.......