• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How would 80s WI and 2000s Australia fare in unbeatable current India?

Socerer 01

International Captain
Yeah and Marshall won’t be supported by Holding, Garner and Andy Roberts . Or you think these last 3 guys aren’t comparable to Ashwin/ Jadeja .
dude there is a big difference between a spinner bowling on spin assisting decks and pace bowlers bowling on them

do i have to really explain this?????

Socerer 01

International Captain
They made lottery pitch in WC final . This coward team management will definitely make lottery pitch .
they didnt do so despite everyone and their mother claiming they will do it to try and counter bazball in this series

we’re going in circles atm

Sunil1z

International Regular
dude there is a big difference between a spinner bowling on spin assisting decks and pace bowlers bowling on them

do i have to really explain this?????
And I am telling you Great fast bowlers don’t depend on pitch .
I can’t believe I am arguing against my own side . We might beat WI 2-1 but we aren’t thrashing them 3-0 or 3-1 which you believe .

subshakerz

International Coach
You are way underestimating WI pace attack .
If Gillespie, Donald and Pollock can win Test series in IND then so can Marshall, Holding and Garner.

You are forgetting that Bumrah , Shami and Umesh average in low 20s in IND . Then WI pace attack can also demolish our batting line up .
They are also forgetting the standard of attacks and opposition that India faced in this time.

subshakerz

International Coach
You don’t need spinners to do well in IND if you have Marshall, Holding and Garner . Isn’t Bumrah averaging around 15 in current England series when pitches are flat or moderate spin friendly . Why do you think that Marshall/ Holding/ Garner can’t replicate Bumrah ?
They can and they will. The only way India can neutralise then is to prepare dead pitches. Knowing the curators, they may prepare three dead tracks and one rank turner.

Xix2565

International Regular
It's a shame some posters don't enjoy being honest and clear about all the details, and would rather whinge and moan their way into a consensus rather than properly discuss what could happen.

Xix2565

International Regular
Balanced pitches means WI and Aus get smashed, because they're playing against an actual team rather than hopeless nobodies and one-hit wonders who needed cheating umpires and dodgy wickets to match them.

subshakerz

International Coach
Balanced pitches means WI and Aus get smashed, because they're playing against an actual team rather than hopeless nobodies and one-hit wonders who needed cheating umpires and dodgy wickets to match them.
Balanced pitches means the superiority of Aus and WI batting and all-round bowling will eventually shine through as the series goes along.