• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many forum members actually don't play cricket?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I played 4 hard fought 20 over games over Sunday this week. We won the first three and lost the last one. I got a first ball duck in the first game. Nice little half volley from an offie and I hit it straight to the guy close in at extra cover. The second game, I made about 40 and got out with only 3 to win. The third game, I made 31* and won the game for the side. The fourth game, I was out bowled cover driving against the same offie who got me in the first game for 2. We lost by 2 runs. :(

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
Wow man, that isn't bad at all! In my juniors comp it's fifty overs each, in seniors it's eighty, and for school it's thirty-five, so I get a bit of a mix.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Would you believe my first match is Saturday week and I haven't done any training yet ? We're such a slack group of guys :p

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I play cricket for club and school

Made emerging blues (nsw ofcourse) and played rep. for 3 years

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Not for the last 5 years...was planning to make a return at RSL Club but now will probably be Mt Beauty CC.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
burkey_1988 said:
Would you believe my first match is Saturday week and I haven't done any training yet ? We're such a slack group of guys :p
:laugh:
Oh Burpey....

Anyway, I had tryouts for my local club side today, I bowled pretty well. Was a bit wayward, but in the middle I went well, managed to get one to nip in and take out the stump (there was only one wicket in each net), and then had him lbw the next ball, and then play and miss the next one. Then i followed it up with a chest high full toss :D

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Andy, we're committed. We're currently planning who brings the cans of Coke,snags, etc each week

chris.hinton

International Captain
SpaceMonkey said:
Bar the occasional 'game' at school during lunch ive never played it. Id like to join a club but theres none round here really who's interested in a 24yo who's never played, they only want u-16's with no experience or over 16's with experience.

there are always clubs for you to join

cameeel

International Captain
burkey_1988 said:
Same for us, we play on the 15th and our first training is this sunday :D

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
chooka_nick said:
Wow man, that isn't bad at all! In my juniors comp it's fifty overs each, in seniors it's eighty, and for school it's thirty-five, so I get a bit of a mix.
Must be enjoying playing all these big games, mate. I have only played in 3 4 day matches in my life. :(

jamesicus

School Boy/Girl Captain
I have been a leg break bowler for 66 years although these days I bowl (daily at a single stump) mostly for practice and exercise.

Although cricket is not much followed in the United States, we do have occasional (mostly five aside) informal matches in local parks here (double end stumps and bails) -- we have a contingent of (mostly middle-age) ex-patriot cricketers from the UK/Australia/India/Pakistan who live here. We all keep up to date with Cricket goings on via the Internet and swapping video tapes of matches from home (from family and friends).

I can still bowl pretty good leg breaks and my googly and top spinner still work -- but I mostly umpire these days.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
jamesicus said:
I have been a leg break bowler for 66 years although these days I bowl (daily at a single stump) mostly for practice and exercise.

Although cricket is not much followed in the United States, we do have occasional (mostly five aside) informal matches in local parks here (double end stumps and bails) -- we have a contingent of (mostly middle-age) ex-patriot cricketers from the UK/Australia/India/Pakistan who live here. We all keep up to date with Cricket goings on via the Internet and swapping video tapes of matches from home (from family and friends).

I can still bowl pretty good leg breaks and my googly and top spinner still work -- but I mostly umpire these days.
Bloody hell!

Maison

Cricket Spectator - 1st Warning
just started outdoor this season, which started 3 weeks ago.

last time i played outdoor (cricket) was about 4-5years/seasons ago.

for those 4-5 seasons ive been buming around, and playing the slacker version.... indoor cricket :P

the indoor center also happens to be owned by ..... bruce reid!

yay!