• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest moment for your country?

Waughney

International Debutant
Exactly the game I was thinking about :p . I just finished reading his autobiography which mentioned it several times.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:
Oh, yes.

Nearly as embarrassing as Australia losing to Derbyshire a few years ago.
Dont forget Australia losing to Mumbai side within 3 days on their 98 tour to India. No prize for guessing who was responsible: Sachin "The Man" "Genius" Tendulkar (200* odd runs)

I guess thats another of best moments for India.. but not the national team

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
delkap said:
Dont forget Australia losing to Mumbai side within 3 days on their 98 tour to India. No prize for guessing who was responsible: Sachin "The Man" "Genius" Tendulkar (200* odd runs)

I guess thats another of best moments for India.. but not the national team
I hardly see the similarity. There were certainly no Tendulkar-like players in the Derbyshire side - a bunch of journeyman pro's who had found their feet in the leagues.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Greatest Moment for Indian Cricket ...still to come.

Two fast bowlers bowling at 150 kmph with another fielding at third man awaiting his turn :p

Raj123

U19 Debutant
SJS said:

Two fast bowlers bowling at 150 kmph with another fielding at third man awaiting his turn :p
hope you are not holding your breath...

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SJS said:

Surely you meant to say, "with the other fielding at third man collecting the wides that third slip fails to get his hands to"?

Raj123

U19 Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
Surely you meant to say, "with the other fielding at third man collecting the wides that third slip fails to get his hands to"?
since when does harmison play for india :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Raj123 said:
since when does harmison play for india :p
"Aapke munh main ghee shakkar" (literal translation : May there be butter and sugar in your mouth) or "Thank God for that" :p

Revelation

U19 Debutant
Greatest moment for WI i would really have to say (in recent times) is

Kensington Oval

3rd Test , WI-AUS 1-1 in the 4 match series

WI coming off 5-0 loss to SA in previous series; Lara a captain under probation.

WI all out for 51 in First Test in T&T loses by an innings and 300.

Brilliant Lara 213 and WI wins second in Jamaica

WI falter to 249/8. Ambrose and Walsh (WR for most 0's) take the crease

307/9 chasing 308 to win the Test.

Gillespie to Lara, FOUR! Through the covers and a wave of relief sweeps through the Caribbean.

Lara 149* goes to 153* and WI complete a famous victory in what must be one of the greatest Tests of all. Lara's innings rated as one of the greatest ever (2nd behind a Bradman double ton)

Would NEVER forget that day.

Craig

World Traveller
I also nominate Zimbabwe's win over Australia at the 1983 WC in England.

In Zimbabwe's first ever ODI they managed to defeat Australia in their only win of the tournament.

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
I also nominate Zimbabwe's win over Australia at the 1983 WC in England.

In Zimbabwe's first ever ODI they managed to defeat Australia in their only win of the tournament.
since when are you from zimbabwe?

Craig

World Traveller
Never, but your point being?

If you had noticed in the first post in this thread you will notice I mentioned two of India's greatest ever moments.