• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2011

Jacknife

International Captain
Back to back hundreds for Jason Roy!
Yes looks a player to me, I'd lie to see him get some game time for the Lions, to see how he stacks up.

Both Roy and Buttler really are looking very promising players for England in the shorter formats.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yes looks a player to me, I'd lie to see him get some game time for the Lions, to see how he stacks up.

Both Roy and Buttler really are looking very promising players for England in the shorter formats.
Great to see. I’ve been chucking about Roy’s name on here for a while. At best he has been described as a mini KP and at worst the new James Benning, so I’m hoping for a happy medium; the new Ali Brown. Surrey’s top 3 is a pretty frightening domestic sight, RHB and Davies have form for putting on 50+ stands on in less than 20 balls and then Roy comes in at 3 and this guy has 90+ S/R in 4 day cricket.

Back-to-back hundreds for Moeen Ali as well, both in a losing cause. Saw quite a bit of him last year on Sky and he was awesome to watch, so easy on the eye. Surprised Ali’s record is so average. Lots of exciting batting talent knocking about, to go with the bowling stocks. Good times.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alis record has been much better in recent times IIRC.

Well, averaged 48 last year and was involved with the Lions briefly.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I hear that Keedy is signing for Warwickshire - any truth in this? If so, it's really bad news for our meteorologically-challenged cousins in the North West.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I hear that Keedy is signing for Warwickshire - any truth in this? If so, it's really bad news for our meteorologically-challenged cousins in the North West.
Its been discussed earlier, most supporters will probably approve(myself included) as the majority are already worried about Kerrigan walking because of not getting enough game time. Rumour is club have this in mind and have only offered Keedy a 1 year deal whereas Warwickshire will offer him a longer deal. We will miss him sure, but if the alternative is losing our very promising young spinner I think we are leaning towards the best option.

We probably went through the same situation with Cork, Loye and Law, with two ofthem still playing at other counties but it seems to have worked out ok for us

Last edited:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not much action going on today due to the weather in the south. Yorkshire 95-1 at lunch v Warwickshire, decent start but need 300+.

Durham in trouble against Notts 170-6 in reply to 270.

Leicestershire 83-5 v Surrey.

No play elsewhere. Keep raining for 4 days at Southampton please.:)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Keith Barker who just happens to be one of the worst footballers I have ever seen is having a decent run for Warwickshire. Couple of centuries already this season and got career best figures with the ball today against Yorkshire.

Jacknife

International Captain
Another first innings passes where Yorkshire haven't put a good score up, too many batsmen getting in then getting out.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Not much action going on today due to the weather in the south. Yorkshire 95-1 at lunch v Warwickshire, decent start but need 300+.

Durham in trouble against Notts 170-6 in reply to 270.

Leicestershire
83-5 v Surrey.

No play elsewhere. Keep raining for 4 days at Southampton please.:)
Are they taking the piss? Their numbers 4, 5 and 6 have played about 5 FC games put together. Some things never change mind as even without James, Leicestershire were still rescued by a Taylor.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Keith Barker who just happens to be one of the worst footballers I have ever seen is having a decent run for Warwickshire. Couple of centuries already this season and got career best figures with the ball today against Yorkshire.
He actually had a decent rep when at the Rovers academy. Not sure what went wrong. Saw Barker on Sky a few years back (playing cricket) and I thought he was bog standard average, so it’s a surprise to see him really kicking on this year.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Hampshire rock bottom of the county championship and they can still afford to have de Wet and Johann Myburgh play for their second XI. Both players I presume are making a decent wage, particularly Myburgh who left an almost certain test career with NZ for Hampshire and yet they haven't played a game for the first team in months.

To a much lesser extent, Andrea Agathangelou seems unable to break through into the Lancs squad. Lots of starts but no substantial scores for the young opener.