• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm going to go a bit outside the box with a England XI from that squad

Buttler
Malan
Root
Bairstow (wk)
Stokes
Moeen
Curran
Woakes
Wood
Rashid
Topley

Think that is the perfect blend of power hitters and accumulators
Quite a disappointing line up. If they were all available for Australia I'd only pick Root and Buttler, the rest wouldn't make the team. Bairstow maybe if he could pass a beep test and we had an injury or 2

Molehill

International Captain
Quite a disappointing line up. If they were all available for Australia I'd only pick Root and Buttler, the rest wouldn't make the team. Bairstow maybe if he could pass a beep test and we had an injury or 2
Apart from the fact 7 of them were in the team which smashed Australia in the semi in 2019.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apart from the fact 7 of them were in the team which smashed Australia in the semi in 2019.
Not that it's relevant, but that Aus team was weaker than it is now, England lost more games than Aus that tournament anyway, and most of those Poms were in peak form then but aren't now

danzydab

U19 Debutant
I think topley and woakes should open the bowling, but moeen at no. 6 could be risky and he needs to score some runs.