• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England can beat India "every day of week": Gough

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm taking all these joke replies as "no, we can't name someone who's outperformed Anderson."

FMD, 6 months ago it was "Anderson is a vampire, dies when the sun comes out, crap overseas." Now it's "averaging 29 isn't that good."

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm taking all these joke replies as "no, we can't name someone who's outperformed Anderson."

FMD, 6 months ago it was "Anderson is a vampire, dies when the sun comes out, crap overseas." Now it's "averaging 29 isn't that good."
Was semi-serious about Tremlett tbh.

Bun

Banned

Steyn, Bravo, Akthar, Nel all have comfortably outbowled Anderson in Australia in the last ten years.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
People realize that neither India nor England have actually won their series yet, right? :p

Though, in England's case, keeping the urn is obviously much more important.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Any of them done so in series of more than 3 Tests?
Look, I love Anderson but I think it's a bit unfair to shift the goalposts like that.

Is there an easy way of looking it up on statsguru? I'm not very good with it; took me ages to get those basic stats for Pietersen in the other thread :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Look, I love Anderson but I think it's a bit unfair to shift the goalposts like that.

Is there an easy way of looking it up on statsguru? I'm not very good with it; took me ages to get those basic stats for Pietersen in the other thread :ph34r:
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...0;spanval2=span;template=results;type=bowling

You can't break it down into series though really; you can only get overall records by bowlers in Australia within any given timeframe, so Anderson appears as 22 wickets @ 41. You can still compare him to the others though.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Steyn, Bravo, Akthar, Nel all have comfortably outbowled Anderson in Australia in the last ten years.
.. and if Shoaib is going to get a mention then Tremlett isn't a "joke response" given he's taken more wickets in less matches at more than a third less the average.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So basically, Steyn & Bravo have better figures but Akhtar & Nel don't.

On another note, surprised to see Flintoff so high on the list - and Finn!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tremmers could well have more wickets than Steyn in Aus after the SCG Test

Kinda hope he doesn't though as I wanna see Jimmy & Swann gun it

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
From the other thread: Zaheer:- 5,10,3,4,8,4,3,4,6 - 47 wickets in 9 games @ 21.97

WAG. That's playing a lot in India, not England or South Africa.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
From the other thread: Zaheer:- 5,10,3,4,8,4,3,4,6 - 47 wickets in 9 games @ 21.97

WAG. That's playing a lot in India, not England or South Africa.
What are those figures? Against Australia overall or something?

We were specifically talking about in Australia which is what that StatsGuru link shows... there's no England/South Africa influence there.

EDIT: Performances in 2010 I see. Relevance to what we were talking about? :p

Bun

Banned
It is to Shoaib's and others' credit (who average around 30) that they had to bowl to a completely different level of batsmen, against whom the same Anderson came a big cropper. Credit to the big Fred too.