• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you want to play with him?

Would you want to play in a side containing Nikhil Nichani?

• Total voters

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
No! I love coming up against Australia, I love beating them too. It is great to get a chance to bowl to your idols and to get them out. After the game, we all sit back and have a beer, there is no hard feelings. When Australia aren't playing us, I hope they win (unless it puts us in a bad situation, ie. World Cup) but when they are up against the CW XI, it is CW XI all the way!
Exactly. I know I always want to personally dismiss Ponting. :happy: :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roseboy64 said:
I'm just gonna keep quiet on the issue and leave it up to the board.It's liable that some of you will say i'm a traitor or the like.Not that it would happen.

Nobody will call you a traitor for voting either way.

That is the idea of a vote, for everyone to express their opinion.

The fact that of 27 people, only 4 back him speaks volume for the feeling of the players.

Mr. P

Mister Wright said:
Have you done it yet?
Unfortunately I think not:( However as time goes on and I continue (hopefully) to be selected for CW, I just might. :mellow:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr. P said:
Unfortunately I think not:( However as time goes on and I continue (hopefully) to be selected for CW, I just might. :mellow:
It would be great if you, Dave & I get a chance to bowl to the Aussies and I get Hayden, Dave gets Langer and you get Ponting. :D

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
It would be great if you, Dave & I get a chance to bowl to the Aussies and I get Hayden, Dave gets Langer and you get Ponting. :D
Haha that would be absolute gold!

Give it time kyle, first I have to make a team able of playing the Aussies, and going on current form im up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

Anyway this is drawing away from the topic - sorry guys.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
IIRC there was a conversation on MSN where Nikhil said he hoped India beat the CWXI or that India would win the World Cup ahead of the CWXI. As a member of the CWXI World Cup squad the other members of the squad did not feel comfortable having a player in the team who did not want the CWXI to win the World Cup.
I'm sure he meant it in a 'I want India to do dead good' rather than 'I hope India kick cricketweb's @r$e'

steds

Hall of Fame Member
roseboy64 said:
I'm just gonna keep quiet on the issue and leave it up to the board.It's liable that some of you will say i'm a traitor or the like.Not that it would happen.
I don't have to do that, as I'm not a member of CW XI(so therefore not a traitor if I stand up for Nikhil), and I'm not entirely sure of what it is.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr. P said:
It's a short memory these pace bowlers have. :P

25.5 Mr Ponting to RT Ponting, he runs in and bowls, OUT!
He's bowled him middle stump as that 99mph delivery sped between bat and pad!

RT Ponting b. M Ponting 34 31 8 0 109.7%

Slats4ever

I voted no... throughout this whole saga i have been against nikhil and want he did! i do however support whatever stance the board takes on the issue and wish them the best of luck in solving it rationally and justly.

I also feel we all should take the decision of the board whether we like it or not, they're the ones who keep the game running so smoothly... I'd tour anywhere the board told me to tour.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
Gillespie had me in all sorts in the last series too :(
not good memories

Mr. P

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It's a short memory these pace bowlers have. :P

25.5 Mr Ponting to RT Ponting, he runs in and bowls, OUT!
He's bowled him middle stump as that 99mph delivery sped between bat and pad!

RT Ponting b. M Ponting 34 31 8 0 109.7%
lol yay:D I consider that a good thing anyway, not complaining.

By the way, have to say again that the old version of this --->:D was better...

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
IIRC there was a conversation on MSN where Nikhil said he hoped India beat the CWXI or that India would win the World Cup ahead of the CWXI. As a member of the CWXI World Cup squad the other members of the squad did not feel comfortable having a player in the team who did not want the CWXI to win the World Cup.
The MSN convo was between me and Nikhil! If i hadn't started the convo Nikhil would still be playing for a Cricket Web team hoping India win.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
i do however support whatever stance the board takes on the issue and wish them the best of luck in solving it rationally and justly.

I also feel we all should take the decision of the board whether we like it or not, they're the ones who keep the game running so smoothly... I'd tour anywhere the board told me to tour.
I think thats one of the fairest and finest pieces ive seen by a player whos matured..
Accepting this organisation as a whole.. thats the kind of attitude we would like to see build in all players/

Neil Pickup

lord_of_darkness said:
I think thats one of the fairest and finest pieces ive seen by a player whos matured..
Accepting this organisation as a whole.. thats the kind of attitude we would like to see build in all players/
An attitude of unquestioning acceptance is a disaster waiting to happen.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
I voted yes, cos I belive he is a young guy and one mistake can be forgotten. And also because I am not fully up to speed with the exact conversation or remarks, and certainly can't tell that from conversations posted whether he was serious or not. For the time-being I am fine with his inclusion..

Slats4ever

jamee999 said:
The MSN convo was between me and Nikhil! If i hadn't started the convo Nikhil would still be playing for a Cricket Web team hoping India win.
Yes but you're chief wiggum jamee so it's up to you to tell people this.

NEIL: An attitude of unquestioning acceptance is a disaster waiting to happen.

But it's not up to us to deal with a disaster... that's what the powers that be deal with! tell them ur concerns for sure... they'll listen to them.. or at least i hope they will, but they are the bosses whose eventual decision shuld be respected.