• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you want to play with him?

Would you want to play in a side containing Nikhil Nichani?

• Total voters

Langeveldt

Soutie
I don't know what I would be like if I was picked to play for England against South Africa..

So as a bit of a real life traitor, I am in no position to claim the moral high ground on this issue and will have the dignity to play with Nikhil in the CWXI fold at any time...

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'm sure we've all wished that our own countries do well against the CWXI but we hide those feelings and try to make the CWXI win anyway.Nikhil was either brave or stupid enough to say he supported India more and that's true for most of us.Who knows if he hasn't changed?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Really, what does it matter anyway. It's hardly real, is it. It's a simulation league

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Interesting how of the 4 yes's, 3 weren't around at the time of the initial furore.

Compare that to the 22 No's (about 3 again I believe)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Interesting how of the 4 yes's, 3 weren't around at the time of the initial furore.

What are you suggesting?

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:

Decrepid pansie...

I'm off to get me some Shreddies...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
steds said:
What are you suggesting?
That not having been around initially, you won't be aware of the way the situation panned out and how strong the feeling was at the time.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
roseboy64 said:
I'm sure we've all wished that our own countries do well against the CWXI but we hide those feelings and try to make the CWXI win anyway.Nikhil was either brave or stupid enough to say he supported India more and that's true for most of us.Who knows if he hasn't changed?
No! I love coming up against Australia, I love beating them too. It is great to get a chance to bowl to your idols and to get them out. After the game, we all sit back and have a beer, there is no hard feelings. When Australia aren't playing us, I hope they win (unless it puts us in a bad situation, ie. World Cup) but when they are up against the CW XI, it is CW XI all the way!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
No! I love coming up against Australia, I love beating them too. It is great to get a chance to bowl to your idols and to get them out. After the game, we all sit back and have a beer, there is no hard feelings. When Australia aren't playing us, I hope they win (unless it puts us in a bad situation, ie. World Cup) but when they are up against the CW XI, it is CW XI all the way!
Here Here!! Extremely stirring.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
steds said:
What did he do exactly?
IIRC there was a conversation on MSN where Nikhil said he hoped India beat the CWXI or that India would win the World Cup ahead of the CWXI. As a member of the CWXI World Cup squad the other members of the squad did not feel comfortable having a player in the team who did not want the CWXI to win the World Cup.

roseboy64

Mister Wright said:
That's what I meant.Only you put it better.I think........ :huh:

roseboy64

I'm just gonna keep quiet on the issue and leave it up to the board.It's liable that some of you will say i'm a traitor or the like.Not that it would happen.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I'm a very, very patriotic guy - I get heavily frustrated when NZ lose any cricket or rugby game, especially if against Aussie. Even when playing computer games, it feels like a big blow to a part of who I am... but does that mean I'd rather NZ win against a team that I'm a part of? Hell no! It would give me all the more honour to be in the side that is able to defeat New Zealand. So long as it's not another country, I'm certainly not being a traitor of any kind, more so I'd be proving that I'm just as good as they are. Or something.

So, uh, no, I'd not want to play with someone who won't strive to be the best, and that includes beating the country you live or were born in. It'd be kind of stupid, eh? What if you were really playing against these guys someday and you had to prove something to them? Would you roll over? Don't be a pushover, take the opportunity to make them remember you instead of just you remembering them.