• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you want to play with him?

Would you want to play in a side containing Nikhil Nichani?

• Total voters

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I know Jamee. I meant that Nikhil should play club cricket in india, slowly going up until he can reach the top stage. In fact that's not a bad suggestion.

Liam what do you think of that? Could you sim his games in India? Because personally I don't think he merits a CW spot in Dev, A or CW XI.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Liam what do you think of that? Could you sim his games in India? Because personally I don't think he merits a CW spot in Dev, A or CW XI.
Its not a question of liam simming it alone.. its a matter that has to be done by the board first..
And in my opinion on the board, he can chose to leave CWXI and play in in "imaginary" team if he wants but we probably wouldnt go as far as making an indian a team simming games and simming indian matches.. Thats not our job..

Mate this is for fun, but its also meant to be as life like as possible and honestly if you did such a thing in real life do you think you'd be playing cricket anymore???
And just as blewy said and ive been stressin this point a lot. Even though this might be a fun thing we are trying to make it as real like as possible so it should be taken seriously at the same time

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I'm a pro and it doesn't matter who i'm playing with just as long as they contribute.The only way I wouldn't want to play with someone is if they deliberately tried to make the team lose.

NikhilN

International Regular
marc71178 said:
So you'll be retiring then?
Marc I know that what you want me to do,and I know that is why you are making all these posts about me...BUT IT WONT HAPPEN!

NikhilN

International Regular
Mr. P said:
Nikhil take the opportunity while you can...play for India. Or else you will play for nobody. You will do well in India.
NO! Just because you say I wont play for anyone that doesnt mean I wont play for anyone...its up to the board...not you!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You just don't get it do you?

The vote currently stands at 20-2, and the list of high profile players in that 20 is already long.

Yes fine, the board may decide to allow you back, but then there'd be another threat of industrial action - I don't think we'd tour SA this time, I quite fancy spreading the word in some of the developing nations, I hear Canada is nice this time of year!

You also seem very confident that the board will go your way - unless you know something the rest of us don't I don't know how you can have this optimism. Don't forget that this is democracy, and the board were elected by the players in the first place.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As far as I'm concerned, the CricketWeb XI world begins at the Oval and ends at the PDV Dome with International Tours in between and off-season club distractions if Liam wants them.

There's no way we should start simming domestic competitions worldwide because one person isn't mature enough to commit to the CW XI. It is an utterly nonsensical point of view in the first place because the team is a simulation and it beggars belief to want another team to win because of a different arrangement of hexadecimals in its data file.

NikhilN

International Regular
Marc...there is no proof I still like India more then CW XI. Me passing those questions does not mean anything...YOU might think that it is proof but passed questions do not prove anything...And I have proof that I dont like India more then CW XI anymore and that is my post which says "and I say I wont play for the indian team" so there for the I cannot be kicked off untill you bring proof that I still like India more then CW XI

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
That is not proof whatsoever.

You had an opportunity to come out and change, but you chose to pass those questions.

The only reason anyone would pass is because they haven't changed.

You only have to look at the numbers at the top and the way everyone else has responded to your interview to see what the feeling is amongst the players.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
That is not proof whatsoever.

You had an opportunity to come out and change, but you chose to pass those questions.

The only reason anyone would pass is because they haven't changed.

You only have to look at the numbers at the top and the way everyone else has responded to your interview to see what the feeling is amongst the players.
My thoughts exactly...

NikhilN

International Regular
Fine then I will answer the questions right now

BT: Yet two of your more convincing OD innings (66 and 66) of that season came against India 'A'. What was it like playing against your countrymen?

Nichani: I was more then happy because its not every day you get to beat your country in a match...

BT: Who do you pick to win the World Cup - India or the CW XI?

Nichani: CW XI

BT: What inspired your change of mind to stay within the CW XI system rather than going to India?

Nichani: This league is made for us to play in the CW XI...not some other team

HAPPY MARC!?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, because these are quite clearly pathetic attempts to show you've changed.

The initial interview said far more than that pointless post you just made.

You may think we're stupid, but we're not.

20-2 is pretty damn conclusive.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Nikhil that last post was not your real thoughts. That was just as marc said - rubbish. I think a 22-3 vote says enough for me...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I don't totally understand this thread, but my encounters on this forum with Nikhil hav led me to beleive he is sound, so I voted yes.

But having said that, whether you meant it or not, Nikhil, if you gave these fine cricketwebbers something to get so upset about, you should be ashamed.