• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cloete said:
Well done Simon! :)

If you keep doing that I can continue my **** poor form.

Great win Blue.. awesome to have such a compreehensive win like that, let's make sure we win the next one and bring ourselves more and more out of our slump.
you may or may not be aware andy, but im only 258 runs behind u in FC runs, so u may want to pull out of this form slump pretty soon ;)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
GoT_SpIn said:
Yay i got dropped.. woopie do :p
Rested ;)

You should have seen yourself in the nets yesterday, mind. After Chaulky bowled you three straight times, you got whacked on the head and ribcage by one of the under thirteens - it was like watching me batting. It would have been cruel to make you play...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Thursday 24th February

CW Green v CW Red
at the CW Oval

An instant classic, as last man Kyle Wright smashed the first ball he saw for six to push Red toward victory under lights against Green. The game came down to the final over and Watt was out to the first ball with 9 runs still needed. No time for composure, Wright swung immediately and made contact to send the ball into the stands.

Earlier Green batted first upon winning the toss, but struggled against good accurate bowling and posted just 227. Allrounder Zaid Ghansar took 5 wickets, whilst Feeney's half-century was the only such for Green.

In their turn, Red met some equally good bowling and never dominated in the chase. Indeed, Rai pegged back crucial wickets to keep uncertainty amongst the ranks. Sean Bennett stayed about though and played the important anchor role, before skying Malone to the deep. In a hectic spurt of play toward the end, Moerk, Borcich and Watt hit crucial boundaries, but it was down to the hero Kyle Wright in the end.

Man of the Match: Z Ghansar

CW Black v CW Blue
at the PDV Dome

A dominant win for CW Black, as they continued their form spurt by crushing Blue by 75 runs. Chris Loc scored his second century of the season against Blue (4th overall) to power Black to an impressive 284/9 on the bouncy wicket.

Camps took 3 wickets in 3 legitimate balls, but was hit for a boundary off a noball in between. Chasing, Blue never had any momentum. Camps tried to play the anchor role of Loc, but was out short of his half-century, whilst Cloete marked his, but never found his timing. The lower order was simply left with too much to do, as Pickup strangled the middle order with a fantastic spell.

Man of the Match: AC Loc

Attachments

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Another great innings from Loc, plus good contributions with the ball from myself, Hing and Kears. I did mean to put Kears up the order for this game following Smash, but forgot - sorry.

We caught the last few overs of the Red runchase on TV after the game - fantastic pressure play from Kyle - that's three straight losses for Green...

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
Incredibly painful to lose a game on the last ball. :( So close... our batsmen, myself included, need to perform.

Still, we'll bounce back. Time for some work in the nets!

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well Played guys...... Really delighted to get my first 5 wicket haul happy that its in a winning cause BRAVO REDS keep it UP

Mr Mxyzptlk

It bemused me too, so I just stuck a noball in there to make sense of it (though the laws state otherwise). Hence I didn't make a big deal of a hat-trick or anything. Nothing's perfect ey. :)

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
great game blacks another win and yet another sensational knock by Loc. not happy with my 2nd ball duck though.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't score many runs let alone hit sixes! That felt good...Great win in the One dayer.

Disapointing effort in FC, as far as I'm concerned it is a one off, we'll just work hard at it and turn it around.

Simon

mikeW said:
great game blacks another win and yet another sensational knock by Loc. not happy with my 2nd ball duck though.
u cant score all the runs and take all the wickets every game!

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
Another great innings from Loc, plus good contributions with the ball from myself, Hing and Kears. I did mean to put Kears up the order for this game following Smash, but forgot - sorry.

We caught the last few overs of the Red runchase on TV after the game - fantastic pressure play from Kyle - that's three straight losses for Green...
It's all good neil.. i only scored a duck :( lol..........anyway very happy with my career best bowling figures of 3 for 29.. even if they were the last 3 batsman lol. Very dissapointed to get a first ball duck.,..

And also i might be dumb lol but whats the problem with hings dismissal? like what bug is in their?