• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
GO REDS!!!!
Liam said:
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 205 all out
Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 362 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 422 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 172 all out
Cricket Web Red won by 93 runs.
:-O

Coincidence? I think not!!

Loony BoB

International Captain
Rose N.J. dropped Camps, a very simple chance off Timewell.
Rose N.J. dropped Fitzsimmons, a simple chance off Rose X.P.A..
Rose X.P.A. missed a very simple chance to run out Fuller.
Gray dropped Fuller, a simple chance off Hoy.
Cunningham dropped Young, a simple chance off Hoy.
Feeney dropped Popat, a chance off Cunningham.
Timewell dropped Popat, a very simple chance off Weber.
Verghese dropped Popat, a very simple chance off Weber.
Gray dropped Halsey, a very hard chance off Cunningham.
Verghese dropped Popat, a very hard chance off Verghese.
Gray dropped Demeza, a very hard chance off Timewell.
Feeney dropped Fitzsimmons, a chance off Timewell.
Timewell dropped Fitzsimmons, a chance off Rose X.P.A.

:( Not good. Particularly those early chances - it was their top order in their first innings that won them that game, and it shows clearly that we were dropping the simplest of chances. Need to back up the bowlers, guys... but chin up, we know we can win against any of these teams so let's concentrate on doing just that.

masterblaster

International Captain
Not a good game blacks, our batting just didn't click. I'm confident we'll bounce back well the next match. Personally, I'm very happy with the 6-fer but still really disappointed it didn't contribute in a win.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
D.M. Kennett not out 0 56 0 0

blummin heck...

unlucky Black - second innings bowling just wasn't up to it (barring the excellent Bhatia). Then we could have done better in the batting department, but as Neil said the loss for green keeps things close.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Explain the hat-trick then :p
Maybe to look like you were trying ;)

It was like when Gleeson scored the first try against Bradford, but he had still betted for Saints to lose.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pretty happy with my form in those game, 48 in the 1d is pretty good for me! 95 and 30 odd not out a pretty positive performance in the 4d game. well bowled dezma, got us a long awaited victory...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loony BoB said:
Rose N.J. dropped Camps, a very simple chance off Timewell.
Rose N.J. dropped Fitzsimmons, a simple chance off Rose X.P.A..
Rose X.P.A. missed a very simple chance to run out Fuller.
Gray dropped Fuller, a simple chance off Hoy.
Cunningham dropped Young, a simple chance off Hoy.
Feeney dropped Popat, a chance off Cunningham.
Timewell dropped Popat, a very simple chance off Weber.
Verghese dropped Popat, a very simple chance off Weber.
Gray dropped Halsey, a very hard chance off Cunningham.
Verghese dropped Popat, a very hard chance off Verghese.
Feeney dropped Fitzsimmons, a chance off Timewell.
Timewell dropped Fitzsimmons, a chance off Rose X.P.A.

:( Not good. Particularly those early chances - it was their top order in their first innings that won them that game, and it shows clearly that we were dropping the simplest of chances. Need to back up the bowlers, guys... but chin up, we know we can win against any of these teams so let's concentrate on doing just that.
this is being highlighted every day, its happening to every team, i dont think theres anything hat can be done, buckets of dropped chanced are just part of the sim it seems...

Timewell

U19 Debutant
COME ON GREENS...Let's put this slump aside - put it behind us and move on. Let's get back to doing what we do best - WINNING!

GO GREENS!

Don

State Vice-Captain
sooooooooo greens i give u some slack about being in the nets and this is what u do.now i am very very disappointed with u all.now get ur bloody arses back into the nets NOW and have intense sessions and i will be there to oversea the training.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Man is this reds team really starting to gel. I'm getting so excited about our prospects this season especially after our last 4 day game.

The OD win over the greens was never really in doubt once Kyle shifted the momentum majorly. Then Steds and I sorta continued by belting them to all parts.

The 4D win was one of the most exciting ever. The performance was so much different to ones we put in last year. After being majorly behind on first innings we rallied so bloody hard to pull the win off. Of special joy to watch was Vimes joyous 80 odd, real exciting stuff...

Anyways guys let's keep this going.

David

International 12th Man
superkingdave said:
D.M. Kennett not out 0 56 0 0

blummin heck...
Pretty pleased with that innings to make up for my golden in the first dig.

More pleased with my bowling, finally having a big game, and accelerating away from Watt in the FC wickets department ;)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Great performance guys, easily our most impressive game for the year.

We took on the strongest bowling attack around and everyone performed, and then Demeza blitzed them in the first dig with the ball, and we came back with a team effort to knock them over in the second.

Well bowled Travis, and well batted everybody. Let's back this up with more performances like it.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
I was hitting the pitch really hard, all I wanted to do was hit the pitch hard and see how it played off the wicket.

Really well it seemed.

Thanks for the opportunity Mr Camps, and well batted guys.

Ahhh yes, plus I got a third ball duck, with being dropped on ball number one AND on ball number two.

Nicely batted.

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Well done Reds!!!

Wow I have hit form again, 80 in the OD, 28 and 97 in the 5 dayer. Absolutely gutted to miss out on the century.. But awesome bowling there from Wright and Kennet (in both games). Good batting from everyone aswell!