• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samuel_Vimes said:
Hello. Wake up. I never take suicidal singles - why the hell was I run out...

Ashamed of that performance. We're back to last season, it seems.
Here's the clip...

Hoy to Vimes : Flicked, but fielded at short leg! Flicked back onto the stumps before he can regain his balance or ground. Spectacular stuff there by Garven.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Here's the clip...

Hoy to Vimes : Flicked, but fielded at short leg! Flicked back onto the stumps before he can regain his balance or ground. Spectacular stuff there by Garven.
I touched the ball with the bat?!!

Not to mention, why on earth have a short leg about 20 overs into the game. ;)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Another superb performance from Green to knock red off by an innings at home. Great batting from Rosey, amazing stuff, 173 i think is the highest score so far this season. a half century to Cunningham solidified the out of sorts middle order and a massive partnership gave the red keeper a taste of his own medicine with Weber hitting 54 from 237 balls and Hoy 34 from 124 to get us to 422.

the Red batsmen never stood up and made themselves counted as they were rolled in both innings for under 170. Timewell was again the pick of the bowlers with 4/64 and 3/38. with all the other main bowlers chipping in with 3 or 4 wickets.

Another great win guys, lets keep pushing hard at training though, we cant afford to slacken off at all, long way to go yet :)

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
oke guys! were doing great! lets keep it up! very happy with my own performance i took my time :) and got 2 good wickets, hoy ur great you did an awesome job

Mr Mxyzptlk

Samuel_Vimes said:
I touched the ball with the bat?!!

Not to mention, why on earth have a short leg about 20 overs into the game. ;)
You were getting onto the front foot too easily. 'Twas a rare master stroke. ;)

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
Well Done Black, everybody doing well for a outstanding perforamnce overall.

Personally, happy to get my highest FC score and thankful to Neil (and others) for having faith in me.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Kearsley just keeps on going, and going, and going... Well batted too to Ferd, Hing, Dubb-Lynch, Blackman and Wilson and well bowled to the veteran Bhatia - one day you will get that Test cap - and Dave "Gilo" Richards. Disappointed to let Blue back into it (saying that, Simon batted very well), but once he fell it was a thoroughly professional closing down job.

Now, to try and get little Chris to lose the opener's curse...

Last edited:

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
Good work bowlers, got them out for cheaper than blank cds, very happy with my century, glad I didn't try to become an all-rounder.

Loony BoB

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Nowadays it looks like a successful veteran is one who's in his second season.
Speaking of which, I never really got word from any of the captains about that proposal I sent to everyone a while back... just that correction for fielding stats you sent me, nothing else though, I don't think.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
can you re email that one to me daniel, i deleted it with the rest of a rather long email chain :| sorry bout that

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Is this the one that you dealt with Neil for?

If so I assume Neil is going to agree.

I'd like another quick look first, but of course in reality the captains have no say...

Simon

i agree with Liam, despite losing, i think weve turned a corner, personally my 168 was one of my best innings ever, my highest First Class score and my 8th century. Hopefully i can lead from the front now and bring some victories home for blue...