• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
roseboy64 said:
Suck it up Malone. We can't all play. Try and support the team even though I know you will anyway....I hope.

blow it up your ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and slats the only problems with me at reds was when i was traded with out being asked...........

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Robertinho said:
Well, he's no longer a Red so... who gives a ****!
ha ha like i give a **** what u think rookie!!!!!!!

oh lets lie about or stats so we are a good rookie,,,,,,,

**** head!!!

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
bugssy said:

oh lts lie about or stats so we are a good rookie,,,,,,,

**** head!!!
hmm i feel a ban for a few matches coming up...

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
bugssy said:

oh lets lie about or stats so we are a good rookie,,,,,,,

**** head!!!
What the hell is wrong with you mate? For everyone's sake, calm down.

I NEVER SAID ANYTHING MEAN ABOUT YOU! I was simply saying that as you're no longer a Red, why should we care about what you do at your new club.

But yeah, call me a rookie, it really doesn't offend me. :)

Hoggy31

International Captain
Robertinho said:
What the hell is wrong with you mate? For everyone's sake, calm down.

I NEVER SAID ANYTHING MEAN ABOUT YOU! I was simply saying that as you're no longer a Red, why should we care about what you do at your new club.

But yeah, call me a rookie, it really doesn't offend me. :)
Power to the rookies!! :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Chef de Groot Trophy

Cricket Web Black vs. Cricket Web Green

The stage was set for one of the most anticipated games of the season. Cricket Web Black in search of the elusive treble of trophies to remember Season 8 by, with 5D and OD Champions Cricket Web Green the team in the way. The venue - the CWBCC Stadium, home of the Greens. The atmosphere - electric!

In murky and damp conditions, Garven won the toss and decided it best to field first. Knowing that the Greens would therefore be chasing under lights, the Blacks hoped to put up a sizeable total. After an eventful first over produced 8 runs, Cunningham broke through for the home side with Chaulk edging to a wide third slip.

The crowd erupted, but the cheers that continued for the next 38 overs were all from the Black contingent. Chris Loc and Chris Butler proceeded to rebuild in tremendous fashion, forging a partnership of 211 for the second wicket and taking the score to 221/1 in the 40th over. Butler struck a total of 10 fours, and his tenth was a sublime straight drive to bring up his second career List-A hundred.

He was caught low down by Lezama at the end of the 40th over, barely advancing from his century. Hoy was the successful bowler then, but it was Timewell who truly made a difference in the clutch. Loc hit a boundary to bring up a stunning 5th OD hundred this season, but was bowled by Timewell the next ball.

The score of 228/3 quickly became 248/7, as Timewell dismissed Kearsley and Thompson, and Mohammed was run out for 2. Hing and Richards pushed on slightly, but Timewell's 3/41 effected a late innings collapse that kept Black to just 270/8 from its hefty platform.

Needing far less than looked likely, the Greens took to the middle in the twilight. Broadbent was targeted as the main threat of the Blacks and he proved himself worthy immediately. A sharp bouncer enticed Malone to hook, resulting only in a top edge and a simple catch to Callum Thompson - 3/1.

Captain Garven pushed the ball about for a run-a-ball 17, but was the next man to go, run out in a mixup with Brendon Goff. At 34/2, the situation looked to heavily favour Black, yet Brendon Goff was still at the crease. The reputed CW XI captain realized his task and settled in to play yet another crucial knock.

First he and Feeney saw the seamers off, then took on Neil Pickup for 29 runs from his first 3 overs. Pickup enforced a double change that saw offspin from both ends against the batsmen and it succeeded in pegging back the momentum slightly. Dave Richards bowled cleverly and effectively for the majority of his spell, and got the wicket of Feeney, who failed to keep an offdrive along the ground.

The breakthrough gained at 159/3, the Blacks hoped the squeeze back into the game. Butler was utilized as a third seamer and bowled a couple of useful overs, but could not provide what was truly required - a wicket. Lezama joined his senior partner and looked at total ease in finding his feet, even as Pickup returned for a rather tighter spell.

Goff swept Pickup fine for 3 runs to get to a brilliant hundred and once again the packed house exploded into applause. After briefly acknowledging the crowd, the veteran settled back down to continue his innings. At 218/3 after 40 overs, Green was fairly cruising to victory, but still with a mind of the collapse that took ahold of Black earlier in the game.

Thompson was dispatched for 12 runs from the 41st over, but then the ploy of bringing back Broadbent for his 9th over paid off. The seamer yorked Goff comprehensively to crack a window for Black. Only 10 runs came from the next 17 balls, and the 18th saw Lezama caught at longoff off Thompson.

It was suddenly 242/5 with 5.8 runs needed per over, and the situation a bit more difficult. Inexperience and experience combined in the persons of Armstrong and Walsh and the two set about to manfully handle the pressure.

They picked 5 runs off Pickup's next over and then 10 off Thompson's. Hing returned for the 48th and gave just 2 runs, allowing Pickup to bowl the 49th with 12 needed.

Pickup taking on the responsibility here, living and dying for the cause of his team. He skips in...
NS Pickup to GAJ Armstrong: stroked comfortably down the ground for single.
Pickup's plugging that gap now. 11 needed off 11 balls and he's bringing in midoff and midon to make Green fetch this win.
NS Pickup to CN Walsh: missed sweep and they scramble through for single as Kearsley misses at the striker's end. Pickup appeals even as that ball was pitched 3 inches outside legstump.
NS Pickup to GAJ Armstrong: down the track (!) and driven square but the man halfway out to the boundary fields. He can't prevent a single though. 9 off 9 needed...
NS Pickup to CN Walsh: he walks across the stumps and paddles that one between short fine leg and square leg - another single!
NS Pickup to GAJ Armstrong: down the track again and lofted one bounce to midoff, but they scramble a run as Broadbent misses the stumps!
Now they need 7 of 7. A crucial delivery here. He'll be hoping for a dot ball, but may settle for a single.
NS Pickup to CN Walsh: he swings the ball HIGH and HARD! That's out of the ground!!! SIX!!!
The equation was drastically reduced to just 1 run needed off the final over and Armstrong got the privilege of facing with glory well at hand...

Pickup brings the field in. Armstrong takes his guard with a look of deep concentration on his face. He's not taking anything for granted. The Green balcony is up and participating in the slow clap that is echoing around the ground. Walsh has already removed his helmet and gloves. The expectation is intense...
CM Broadbent to GAJ Armstrong: lofted over cover! That's IT!!! Green wins the Trophy!!!

The crowd is swarming the field and Armstrong embraces Walsh - platonic yet passionate. What a memory for the rookie!

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Malone Disciplined For Careless Lip

Veteran allrounder Rob Malone has been disciplined by the CWBCC for his comments toward a fellow CW cricketer. Owing the close of Season 8, the Board will exercise more unconventional means and Malone will not be considered for selection for the next series played by the CW XI - ODI series in India.

CWBCC Co-Chairman Liam Camps commented to the press:
"We don't tolerate such a blatant disregard for sportsmanship and general good conduct. (This is) Especially disappointing as it comes from a senior player."

No comment as yet from Malone.

Neil Pickup

Gutted to lose it from there, and more so with such a poor delivery at a crucial stage in the proceedings. Sorry, guys...

It's a horrible way to end the season but it musn't take the gloss off what has been a great achievement. To win a double with a side on paper inferior to the Greens has been a superb effort, and I hope that we can build on it into season nine.