• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

ash chaulk

International Captain
awesomly done thurr black. Wikidly done by Rich who scored the highest score in tha match which set up da win.

big up to pick up

Sudeep

International Captain
Ah, not a great match for the Blues. We can come back guys though.

I hope I'd be picked when we host the Blacks, I'd smash Pickup all around the park.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if i am debuting anytime soon. THe only reason i ask is that if i recall properly me and Sudeep signed up at the same time. And i think he has already had a game or two. Just wouldnt mind knowing if im getting a crack at the Big Time this season?

MY BAD!! i was just reading bout me being named in the 12 man squad. LOL sorry im a bit a premature poster if there is such a thnig. Hope i get a game :)

EDITED 9:50 Sunday

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Needless to say, I'm absolutely ecstatic with the Blacks' display in the biggest game of the season - proving we're big game players, and that, well, the Blues aren't.

Peter Young - 0 and 9? Call yourself a skipper? I can manage a "well played" for Thomas and Nathan, however - that's the stuff that we look for in Blacks, and they were the only two players who'd deserve to wear the Black shirt. If you can't hack the substandard displays from PY's boys any longer, you're welcome down here.

The shamed Blue captain is currently in hiding in mid-Wales, however I have just texted him the news. I'll be sure to let you know his replies.

DJellett

International Debutant
OK Chaulky, enjoy your stubbies.

For everyone's benefit, here's the results of our byes competition -

Byes let through bye DJellett - 1
Byes let through by Ash Chaulk - 0

Close contest :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sunday 29th August

A Glorious High and a Devastating Low
Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Green at Cairns

[Cairns] The Cricket Web Red team were humiliated today at Cairns as they were thrashed by their hosts, Cricket Web Green, in their 5-day matchup. The Reds tumbled to defeat by 267 runs, registering an all-time Cricket Web low of 68 all out, lowering the mark of 94 they earlier set against the Blacks. Xavier Rose proved the inspiration in the demolition as he finally struck form of the career-best variety. Rose ripped through the middle order and claimed an unbelievable 6/7 from his 12.1 overs to leave Marc71178 and his team speechless.

The Reds had won the toss on a track with something for the quick bowlers and thus inserted the opposition to maximize upon it. Batting was not the easiest, but the Green batsmen fought through and, behind a solids half-centuries from Biased Indian and Age Master, were 244/4 at stumps on day one. Mr Wright was the unlucky man, as he had 3 catches dropped off his bowling after tea in the space of 4 overs.

On day two, Age Master proceeded to convert his half-century into a wonderful hundred, driving consecutive fours down the ground off Dave to celebrate it. Kennett found better rhythm than on day one though, and took 5 wickets to limit the Greens to 335 all out. He ended with 6/87, the second best haul of his career.

Bolstered by the fightback with the ball, Samuel Vimes and Gibbs N Smith started very solidly and put on 142 for the first wicket. Both got half-centuries and looked set for big scores, but misjudgements had them back in the pavilion short. From then on, Mookerjee, Marc71178 and Steds all got promising starts, but no one carried on and Rose took 5 wickets as the Reds tumbled to 257 all out.

A lead of 78 in the bag, the Greens built their own innings of 257 all out. Once again Age Master provided the impetus with a good half-century. He was matched with a milestone from Cloete as well as solid 40s from Waughney and Nathan Hoy. For Cricket Web Red, Mr Wright and Dave bowled their hearts out to keep their team in sight of the hosts. The latter finished with a deserved 5-wicket bag, especially considering that he had two catches dropped off him.

Set to score 336 to win with 120 overs left in the match, the Reds started cautiously. Vimes struggled against the away seam of Rose and eventually nicked one to second slip. Smith didn't stick around much longer, trapped in front by a sharp Rose delivery. Standing firm, but not really looking to score was Amit Mookerjee, but he lost Bugssy and Marc, caught in the slip cordon for ducks. Andre pulled Rose for a good boundary and looked to be getting behind the line of the ball, but a misjudgement of the angle from Hoy caught him padding up and adjudged LBW.

Steds joined Mookerjee and battled away, but it all came undone once more as the debutant pushed back a firm return catch to Hoy. Dave's stay was quick and futile and Hoy had him for a duck. At stumps on day four Cricket Web Red was hanging on by a thread - 66/7. Only 2 balls were needed on day five and the determined Mookerjee was dislodged to a good slip catch by Cloete, Rose again the bowler. Hoy dismissed Wright 3 overs later and Rose wasted no time in ending it all, having Kennett caught at the second gully without scoring and Cricket Web Red all out for a record low of 68. Rose's match figures of 11/57 earned him the Man of the Match award comfortably.

Cricket Web Green 1st Innings 335 all out
Cricket Web Red 1st Innings 257 all out
Cricket Web Green 2nd Innings 257 all out
Cricket Web Red 2nd Innings 68 all out
Cricket Web Green won by 267 runs.

---

Never Give Up
Australia A v Cricket Web Black at the SCG
[Sydney] Urged on by captain Neil Pickup's chant of "You've got to believe", the Cricket Web Black team rallied to defend 179 runs and defeat Australia A by 14 runs. In overcast conditions on a good bowling wicket, the Australians won the toss and inserted their Cricket Web counterparts. Rich_2001 and Eclipse played beautifully to ridicule the decision and the 50-run stand was on the board in the 14th over. The partnership stretched to 75, then both batsmen fell within 7 runs of each other.

The miniature collapse continued with the dismissal of Jagaways - 83/3 - but Ferd was dropped off Bracken before he could score and that halted the Australian momentum. Ferd batted impressively and added 63 runs with C Buts for the 4th wicket. Alas he was run out by Symonds 8 runs short of his fifty. Buts went on to register his half-century though, but only Dark Hunter and Superkingdave contributed anything noticeable to the close of the innings at 230 all out.

The bowling reply started a mixed bag. Broadbent dismissed Maher early, then Master Blaster had Martin Love dropped 3 times before dismissing him for 5. The bowlers continued to find a nagging line and length and peg away, Australia A going to tea at 112/6. Bichel was dropped by Eclipse off Pickup when on 36 and would really maximize upon the chance. Indeed he smashed 93 from 114 balls (13 fours) before Blaster finally ended his fun, LBW. Australia A, 173/8 when Blaster got Bracken, reached 259 all out for a lead of 29 runs. Brad Williams contributed 33, but was dropped twice by wicketkeeper Ash Chaulk.

With the confidence of their lead, the Aussies quickly went to work and CW Black stood at 64/4 at the lunch bell on day 3. Buts (dropped off Bichel on 3) was the mainstay in a post-lunch fightback, scoring his second half-century of the match and building partnerships with the lower order to push the Blacks past 200 - 207 all out. Now left only 179 to defend, the Blacks needed a big effort to pull off a win and maintain their number one spot in the 5D league.

Master Blaster removed the dangerous Michael Hussey early, but frequently bursts of rain prevented the seamers from getting into any real rhythm of sorts. Maher was mistumped off Pickup on 31 and things looked dismal for Cricket Web at 74/2. However, Pickup would not be denied. Leading from the front, the Blacks captain got Elliott padding up LBW for the breakthrough. Next Blewett picked out Blaster at midoff driving against the angle of Superkingdave. Pickup produced a superb googly to have Maher caught at slip, then took the catch at short fine leg off Bichel's attempted sweep.

Suddenly the score read 98/6 and the crowd was in the mood and chanting their team onward. Symonds pushed forward to Pickup and Hunter took a brilliant catch at gully and the adrenaline flowed thicker. The Black skipper then got Bracken in the same manner and just 2 more were required - 116/8. The Australians still has some fight in them though, getting to within 20 runs of victory until the Gingemeister found the rough yet again - Williams caught behind - 160/9 and 5 in the bag for Pickup.

Broadbent wasted no time in sealing an inspiring comeback win for the Blacks. Australia A was 74/2 chasing just 179 and collapsed to 164 all out.

Cricket Web Black 1st Innings 230 all out
Australia 'A' 1st Innings 259 all out
Cricket Web Black 2nd Innings 207 all out
Australia 'A' 2nd Innings 164 all out
Cricket Web Black won by 14 runs.

---

Teamwork shines through
England A v Cricket Web Blue at the PDV Dome

[Somewhere in Australia] It was an allround team effort by the Cricket Web Blue team to seal a professional and comfortable win over their England A visitors. Runs from Broncoman, Toogood, Muhaffy, Mxyzptlk and Peter Young coupled with some efficient bowling to produce a clinical 197 runs result in the Blue.

England A won the toss and elected to bowl first on the fiery PDV track. Early wickets of Young and StUEy saw the Blues in trouble (24/2). However, Brocoman found his feet and the ropes on a regular interval, scoring his 5th 5D fifty of the season in 6 games. With Jason Toogood he added some 79 runs before Cork got him shuffling across the crease. Now it was Toogood's time to take over. Having struggled for form in recent 5D innings, Toogood was due for a good score and he found that form, stroking 10 fours in his second century of the season.

Great support came from Mr Mxyzptlk and Daniel Muhaffy, both of whom score half-centuries and season highs. The Blues managed a grand total of 388 all out. Now the task was handed over to the seamers, who held up admirably and knocked out 2 wickets at tea on day 2 - 48/2. Patrick was the successful bowler on both occasions, but Toogood exercised his allround potential by getting the next inroad. Mr Mxyzptlk dropped Pieterson off Halsey on 45, and he celebrated his fifty from 86 balls soon after.

England A batted to stumps at 148/3. Play was delayed by 24 minutes on the 3rd day, but the Blues were not detered. Adam produced a beauty of an away-swinger and Pieterson misjudged an ondrive to short extra cover. Patrick joined Adam in the morning session attack and, after suffering a bit at the hands of a Blackwell cameo, took the 5th wicket. Another 28 minutes of rain frustrated the Blue-crew a bit, but they maintained their composure and returned to take wickets steadily and bowl out England A for 260 - a lead of 128.

By now the weather was heavily overcast and the pitch provided a couple of difficulties in bounce from scattered cracks. The overhead conditions helped Saggers take the first Blue wicket, Broncoman caught LBW by a very sharp inswinger. The same delivery nearly took care of Young too, but Pieterson floored the chance at slip. Young took his life into his hands and need 96 balls to score his fifty. He was soon joined by StUEy (85 balls) and CW Blue were a well-placed 145/3 at stumps on the 3rd day.

Young's flow on the 4th day was glorious to behold. He played one particular drive through the covers with pristine balance and wonderful timing. His century took 171 balls and featured some 11 boundaries. It was to be the highlight of the Blue 2nd innings by a long way and the all out score was 326. This meant that England A would chase 455 runs in 135 overs on a pitch still fairly decent for batting whilst offering something to the seamers.

Adam drew first blood just before tea on the 4th day, Ward caught by Young for 6. After tea the runs flowed, especially off the bat of Troughton, 50 from 77 balls. Throughout the last session, though, the Blue bowlers managed to hold a consistent line and length and operated with patience. The odd ball did a bit more and that is when the discipline paid off. At stumps, England A was still fighting on with 145 runs on the board and 7 wickets still in the bank.

Fighting their hardest for a draw, the Englishmen lost their key man to Adam's quality left-arm seam. Troughton perished for 98 and wickets were regular from then in. Mr Mxyzptlk bowled full and straight and benefitted to clean up the tail as England A tumbled to 257 all out.

Cricket Web Blue 1st Innings 388 all out
England 'A' 1st Innings 260 all out
Cricket Web Blue 2nd Innings 326 all out
England 'A' 2nd Innings 257 all out
Cricket Web Blue won by 197 runs.

Attachments

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
its a bleak day for cw red, i am to blame as i didnt do a bloody thing. hey skipper i was talking to andre and have got an idea as for my career in fc.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Absolutely disgraceful performance by everyone involved, perhaps the only one who can hold their head up hight could be Kennett, but I bet even he would feel gutted by the result. Once again dropped catches cost us dearly. I also feel we paid too much attention to the stars, and not enough on the team. Restricting Cloete and Blewy was good, but the other stepped up, that is something we will have to work on. Any progress we made in the last few weeks has now been thrown out the window.

Red is supposed to be the colour of danger, the only danger the Reds now have is of finishing dead last. :@

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
:blink: :huh: :-O :wacko:

OH MY GOD! WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED... 68??
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????
With a heavy heart i say this

GO REDS! :dry:

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I am extremely pleased with that result.Great to get career best figures of that magnitude after a sub par start to the season.Hope we can use this victory as a catalyst for future success.Go Greens!!!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
bwahahaha awesome work green team, shame on the reds.. got annihilated 2nd innings.. damn i was getting a bit hungry out there in the field and rose suprisingly got me there faster with that fiery spell !! damn glad to be on the bowling team !

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
man i wish i could put two good matches back to back... ah well. great team effort boys, nice way to come back. i still dont see a solidarity in the team though. we need 7 bats and 4 bowlers i feel... or at least something close. i hope in the oders we get 50 quality overs from no more than 6 people, to show our individual quality. keep going blues!!