• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

SupaFreak2005

International Vice-Captain
steds said:
*temporarily takes paper bag off head*

Well done Reds, fantastic win. The only way is up. Well done messrs. bugssy and smith, sirs.

*reinserts paper bag over head*-I will wear this bag as I am the disgrace of the team(apart from supafreak :p )
Well atleast you're the first to say my name correctly. :D
anways i agree with you it was a fantastic win!
GO REDS!

Cloete

International Captain
Delighted at that win for Green. Finally might be finiding a bit of OD form, Blewy and I really held the batting together and put on over half the runs. Partnership of 127 off 110 runs, so we need to keep producing quick and bulky partnerships to take pressure off the guys behind us, that way they mightn't have to slog. Some good bowling from Timewell and very economical stuff from Hoy. Another great win boys, keep it up!

On a personal note I'm delighted with that partnership, especially after the openers had failed. I feel my 58 from 56 is probably my best OD innings so far this season, so hopefully I can reproduce some of that form in the 25 over stuff!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
very good win for green over black :)

the bowling was excellent, keeping a team with names such as Craig, Broncoman, Toogood, Jellett and Mxyzptlk down to a score of 207 from 50 overs is great. Hoy sanz and Lord led the charge all having less than 3.5 runs taken off them per over. Cloete will be disapointed however after Blewy out bowled him, picking up 1 wicket.

The Batting was again, all aboiut Blewy and Cloete. they led the charge to victory with a 127 run partnership of just 110 balls. 19 from myself and 29 from Loony BoB got us close and Lord saw us home, though neither of us should really got out at that point of the innings.

hopefully the batting will pick up some form around blewy and Cloete, otherwise, when they are away with CWXI we will be in alot of trouble, we have to lift like the bowlers have :)

Great stuff guys.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Super effort boys - special bowling performance from the team, especially Zaid, who's form with the ball has been a bit ropey recently.

With all the talk being of leg spinners, AMZ continues to quietly go about his job very effectively again and again...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tom Halsey said:
Ooh, can't wait. :)

Any chance of a live sim or not, Liam? :)
Perhaps. Depends on what I do tonight really (ie if I'll be up early enough to have a reasonable audience).

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excellent job Reds. Finally a team effort, all bowlers contributed and the top order did their job. Congrats to Zebra, Dave, Smith & Bugssy for their personal performances. There are some encouraging signs here for the Reds, hopefully the early season Blues (no pun intended) are over and we can march towards the end of season finals.

Good to be back playing one dayers.

Slats4ever

yeah top game boys. Reminds me of last sesason. That's what it's all about buggsy top innings mate. And Smithy... your name looks classy in the partnership thing, your name appears as G Smith. The way you batted one could be mistaken. On a personal note another not out to get my avg climbing up .1 or something

Mr. P

Yeah great job Reds, our best win yet!:) Im what was probably my worst game yet, everyone else was superb!:D Well done...

Simon

come one blue boys, we really need to lift our act, on a personal note im disapointed with my current form...

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
the bowling was excellent, keeping a team with names such as Craig, Broncoman, Toogood, Jellett and Mxyzptlk down to a score of 207 from 50 overs is great. Hoy sanz and Lord led the charge all having less than 3.5 runs taken off them per over. Cloete will be disapointed however after Blewy out bowled him, picking up 1 wicket.

The Batting was again, all aboiut Blewy and Cloete. they led the charge to victory with a 127 run partnership of just 110 balls. 19 from myself and 29 from Loony BoB got us close and Lord saw us home, though neither of us should really got out at that point of the innings.

hopefully the batting will pick up some form around blewy and Cloete, otherwise, when they are away with CWXI we will be in alot of trouble, we have to lift like the bowlers have
same as my thoughts...

Awesome win over the blues... and glad to see blewy still carrying on his top notch form!!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
far out, thats very dissapointing... cmon blues!!!! bit weird ro see muhaffy dropped for a game, isnt his OD form too flash?

as a great man once said, i need to stop doing average and become a statistical standout.

the blues bowling is rather youthful in 5D, but surely it should do the job. Adam, Nath, Muhaffy and Halsey. Theres only one name that really stands out there, but as a team we are very strong. In OD our bowling is a mix of Nath, Adam, Halsey, Muhaffy, Mr M, Toogood and a few others. I think we should really have 40 over almost always bowled by the first four and the other 10 mixed up. In other words, the blues need to become a gelled outfit and not just a mildly talented one.

Simon

Nnanden said:
far out, thats very dissapointing... cmon blues!!!! bit weird ro see muhaffy dropped for a game, isnt his OD form too flash?

as a great man once said, i need to stop doing average and become a statistical standout.

the blues bowling is rather youthful in 5D, but surely it should do the job. Adam, Nath, Muhaffy and Halsey. Theres only one name that really stands out there, but as a team we are very strong. In OD our bowling is a mix of Nath, Adam, Halsey, Muhaffy, Mr M, Toogood and a few others. I think we should really have 40 over almost always bowled by the first four and the other 10 mixed up. In other words, the blues need to become a gelled outfit and not just a mildly talented one.
yeh, i tend to agree, can i request not to bowl anymore, i tend to bowl 3 or 4 overs per game and get smashed and dont pick up any wickets, surely that cant be good for the side!

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Great win over England A, I'm sure Marc loved that one.

Great job by the bowlers to restrict them to 180. AMZ bowled fantastic as he always does, 3/28 off 10 is outstanding IMO. Good to see Wrighty make an appearence in the 1D side!

Batting was great, Especially from Gibbs and Bugssy, Awsome partnership, 134 runs off 113 balls.

Good performance all round, But dropped catches are frustrating, need to try and hold the chances.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Great Win greens, and what a tremendous performance from Blewy again. But we have gotten used to that now haven't we ;)..

Go Greens

Sudeep

International Captain
Ah, disappointing loss for us Blues.

Not happy with my batting performance at all. While I do prefer to bat in the top order, I should have been able to press the foot on the gas pedal. God knows how I got bowled through the gate.

Decent bowling performance though. I hope I can develop into a top class all-rounder. Looking forward to my next opportunity to play.

I know I'm not playing the 5D against the Blacks, though it was something I sooo really wanted. I guess I'll just have to work harder, and break through in the 5D side as well.

All the best Blues against the Blacks....

cbuts

International Debutant
age_master said:
very good win for green over black :)

hopefully the batting will pick up some form around blewy and Cloete, otherwise, when they are away with CWXI we will be in alot of trouble, we have to lift like the bowlers have :)

Great stuff guys.
u didnt play black