• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

Loony BoB

International Captain
Out of curiosity, are we allowed to start a CW Green thread where we can list all of our players with their stats (at the start of the tournament, with updates as time goes on) etc? It would be nice to know what kind of people we have backing us up so we can compare our players without having to dig through threads in multiple forums. Get a better feel for the team as well. :)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Paid The Umpire said:
Hmmmm. I think my previous post has got to some people...

Step One of my evil plan has been completed.

Paid's PLAN
Step 1: Post about my lack of playing
Step 2: Others get angry and start attacking the man and the "whole freaking system (which is not out of order! Damn it!)
Step 3: Get into the Black team, when all of the first XI are banned through a huge brawl in previous game against the Greens.
Step 4: Never lose my place ever again, through scoring huge scores.

It is all coming together.
Just coz you wear hawaiian shirts... :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loony BoB said:
Out of curiosity, are we allowed to start a CW Green thread where we can list all of our players with their stats (at the start of the tournament, with updates as time goes on) etc? It would be nice to know what kind of people we have backing us up so we can compare our players without having to dig through threads in multiple forums. Get a better feel for the team as well. :)
I don't see any problem with that. Go right ahead.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Paid The Umpire said:
Hmmmm. I think my previous post has got to some people...

Step One of my evil plan has been completed.

Paid's PLAN
Step 1: Post about my lack of playing
Step 2: Others get angry and start attacking the man and the "whole freaking system (which is not out of order! Damn it!)
Step 3: Get into the Black team, when all of the first XI are banned through a huge brawl in previous game against the Greens.
Step 4: Never lose my place ever again, through scoring huge scores.

It is all coming together.
You played in a limited overs game just a little while back.

Loony BoB

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Think Pierre van Hooijdonk @ Forest...
Yeah, but he sued them and boycotted their games, not quite the same as a slip of mouth. :p

I know in the NZ team's past, Chris Cairns and Adam Parore had attitude problems and often didn't get along with their team but when they took a wicket or made a catch or a 50 or a 100, they loved it, the team loved it, the captain loved it and the nation loved it. Seems a bit harsh to say that not a single person celebrated a wicket he took when as far as I can see, only two or three (?) people in the team have said anything against the guy...

Maybe I'm taking what you said a bit too seriously though. I don't know what's serious and what's not around here right now... :s Although I like any advantage to the Green team, it's always a shame to see cricketers having a hard time for any reason. Hope you guys sort out your problems so you can get back into gear so we get even more satisfaction when we outdo ya. ;)

EDIT: Thanks Liam :) Is there any chance you can send me the pre-season stats for all the CW Green players so I can sort something out?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Thursday 26th August

Cricket Web Green v England A at the CW Oval

CW Green XI: Age Master (C), Lo' Darkness (vc), Xavier Rose, Rob Timewell, Nathan Hoy, Delkap, Adil Dewan (wk), Loony Bob, Waughney, Cloete, Blewy.

Toss: Green, bat first

CW Green
Lord of Darkness - regulation edged behind, caught
Nathan Hoy - top-edged pull skied, caught by 'keeper
Cloete - missed a slower ball, LBW
Blewy - skied slower one, caught at longoff
Age Master - not out
Loony Bob - not out

Game events:
* After 10 - 47/2
* CW Green 50 (66 balls) - 50/2
* After 15 - 73/2
* Blewy 50 from 46 balls; 9 fours
* CW Green 100 (108 balls) - 100/2
* Blewy took 16 runs off the 19th over (Batty) - 4,0,0,wd,6,4,1
* After 20 - 117/2
* Age Master (1) was dropped by Mahmood off Collingwood - 122/3

England A
* Master dropped Troughton (7) off Rose - 17/1
* The 13th over (Lo' Darkness) was taken for 15 runs - 0,0,4,3,4,4

CRICKET WEB GREEN 141/4 25.0 overs
ENGLAND 'A' 142/3 23.2 overs

England 'A' won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Sajid Mahmood

---

Cricket Web Red v Cricket Web Black at the CW Oval

CW Red XI: Marc71178 (C), Bugssy (vc), Ian Markus, Deeps, Steds, Mr. Wright, David Kennett, Supah Freak, Sam Vimes (wk), Zaid Ghansar, Imran Khan Jr.

CW Black XI: Neil Pickup (C), Master Blaster (vc), Eclipse, Rich_2001, Jagaways, C Buts, Ash Chaulk (wk), Superkingdave, SquidAU, Vishnu Reddy, Ferd.

CW Black
Eclipse - yorked middle stump
Ash Chaulk - beaten by a full inswinger, LBW
Rich_2001 - down the track and yorked himself
Jagaways - flashed outside offstump, brilliant one-handed, full-stretch grab by 'keeper
C Buts - not out
Ferd - not out

Game events:
* Mr. Wright started the game with a wicket-maiden
* CW Black 50 (52 balls) - 50/2
* After 10 - 60/2
* After 15 - 82/2
* The 19th over (Steds) was taken for 16 runs - 4,1,0,6,1,4
* After 20 - 132/3
* Mr. Wright dropped Buts (29) off Kennett - 142/3

CW Red
Ian Markus - run out coming back for a second
Bugssy - caught on the edge of the circle at cover
Marc71178 - inside edge onto pad, LBW
Zaid Ghansar - ugly slog/swipe, missed, LBW
Steds - pushing forward, beaten by a bit of spin, LBW
Deeps - edged a BIG turner to slip, caught
Samuel Vimes - not out
Imran Khan(Jr) - not out

Game events:
* CW Red 50 (52 balls) - 50/1
* After 10 - 59/1
* After 15 - 87/5
* After 20 - 117/5

CW BLACK 166/4 25.0 overs
CRICKET WEB RED 135/6 25.0 overs

CW Black won by 31 runs

Man of the match: C Buts

---

Cricket Web Blue v Australia A at the PDV Dome

CW Blue XI: Peter Young (C), Mr Mxyzptlk (vc), StUEy, Craig, Jason Toogood, Tom Halsey, Nath Patrick, Adam, Broncoman, Daniel Muhaffy, Dylan Jellett (wk).

Toss: CW Blue, bowl first

Australia A
Game events:
* Patrick dropped Mike Hussey (40) off Halsey - 79/1
* Aus A scored 18 runs from the 25th over (Patrick) - 0,1,6,4,1,6

CW Blue
Craig - top-edged paddle sweep, caught behind
Broncoman - cut fiercely to the gully, caught
StUEy - pulled straight to midon
Jason Toogood - not out
Peter Young - swipe and a miss, bowled
Daniel Muhaffy - shuffled too far across, bowled legstump
Dylan Jellett - bottom-edged pull into stumps
Mr Mxyzptlk - not out

Game events:
* CW Blue 50 (51 balls) - 50/3
* After 10 - 60/3
* After 15 - 89/3
* After 20 - 119/4

Attachments

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Good start from Mr. Wright, downhill from there.
Yet again, I have to apologise for my bowling figures
*puts paper bag on head*

Mr Mxyzptlk

steds said:
Good start from Mr. Wright, downhill from there.
Yet again, I have to apologise for my bowling figures
*puts paper bag on head*
Don't worry. It's 25Smash for a reason. When you get into the regular 50-over stuff and 5D cricket you'll have a better chance to show your skills.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Loony BoB said:
EDIT: Thanks Liam :) Is there any chance you can send me the pre-season stats for all the CW Green players so I can sort something out?
Will do that in a bit.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Yeah, it's only our first loss if I remember rightly in 25Smash. That's okay, so long as we outweigh our losses with wins by a substantial amount I don't think we should be too worried either. We'll just have to put a bit more into the next game. :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Woohoo - GO BLACK!

Very pleased with my 4-0-13-2 even if it is only against the Red's

V nice innings from Cbuts 44 of 20!

Looks like a good year ahead

Liam who is the top bowler in 25smash?

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Well i was happy with my first game...2/26 off six wasn't a bad effort. The second was a different matter...after getting the late call-up to open i took CW cricket back to its roots, one pad, no gloves and no box. I think that will be my last game as opener (as it should be :D).

Dissapointed to lose both games and will be hitting the nets hard...watch out Looney Bob ;)