• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 7**

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It was a typical WACA surface - hard, bouncy and quick. With such considerations Age Master elected to cut his seamers loose and bowl first when he won the toss. Hussey was well-caught off Broadbent early, then Maher, Love and Elliott made a strong recovery with good starts all. Love was the real danger man and reached 92 then Hunter had him caught behind driving. A fightback by the Blacks against the middle order was blunted once more, this time by the Aussie lower order.
Age Master had nothing to do with the decision to bowl first, you muppet :p

Neil Pickup

Well pleased with the performance from all five of the Blacks' frontline bowlers - we've got the makings of a special attack here, lads, with seam-friendly home tracks it's good to see everyone contributing!

Batting was less convincing, but both knocks from Chaulky were fantastic to watch - also respect to Vish for his part in the 119-run stand for the eighth wicket. Me and Chris will be joining the top order in the nets this week - it's no good having two super-rabbits at 10 and 11, we need to learn to stick around a bit!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Age Master had nothing to do with the decision to bowl first, you muppet :p
'Tis the results of copy/paste/rearrange at 6:30am.

If you'd have logged on earlier, you would have seen that I had the CW Black v Australia A game listed as Green v Red. Me thinking that I'd cleverly edited out my error before the Ginger noticed... Ah well, next time.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Schedule:

CW Green at Australia A
CW Black at England A
CW Blue at CW Red

The 12-man squads for tomorrow's games:

Cricket Web Red
Marc71178 (C), Bugssy (vc), Samuel Vimes (wk), Gibbs N Smith, Deeps, Ian Markus, Zaid Ghansar, Imran Khan Jr., Dave, Mr Ponting, Mr Wright, A Massive Zebra.

Unchanged squad from the 5D game.

Cricket Web Blue
Mr Mxyzptlk (C), Dylan Jellett (wk), Langeveldt, Jason Toogood, Daniel Muhaffy, Craig, StUEy, Broncoman, Nath Patrick, Adam, Tom Halsey, Bluefox.

With PY having retired from ODI cricket, there's no real basis for him to play List-A ODs, on a regular basis anyway. Bluefox comes in for Amir Ahmad due to his superior batting.

Cricket Web Green
Age Master (C), Lord of Darkness (vc), Adil Dewan (wk), Cloete, Xavier Rose, Blewy, David Jr., Biased Indian, Delkap, Sanz, Rob Timewell, Loony Bob.

Loony Bob swaps in for Waughney and Adil Dewan for Eyes Only.

Cricket Web Black
Neil Pickup (C), Master Blaster (vc), Ash Chaulk (wk), BK Smith, Dark Hunter, C Buts, Eclipse, Rich_2001, Chris Broadbent, Jagaways, Ferd, Vishnu Reddy.

Unchanged squad from the 5D game.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Top notch batting from cloete... i wish i gave in more support.. apart from my fielding i was dismal in my peformance..

Top stuff from the bowlers to hold of well especially rose and delkap did a very fine job bagging 7 in the match !

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
match figures of 3/110!!!! yikes!! not the way to start...

muhaffy is a champion, what amazing bowling. a great way to start for the blues, hopefully i will now the the chance to prove myself in the next game. and i have a batting average of about 17!! whoo hoo!! :p

Cloete

International Captain
I'm delighted with my motm performance. But it's never good to be on the losing team, the batting was pretty poor but the bowling makes me confident! Delkap and Dave Jnr. the top performers. Otherwise we really need to get our batting together!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
While it was an economical performance, I am once again not happy at taking wickets. Although my only wicket for the match probably won us the game by getting rid of the ever dangerous Cloete, it is no consolation. I will really need to pick up my act if I want to continue being a regular member of the side. I am too inconsistent for my only liking.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Great to make a hundred in my first proper game of cricket in Black colours and at home at the WACA. The team looks good and ready to take a clean sweep of all championships now easily!

Bowlers bowled extremely well in the 2nd innings. Great coaching there i believe to point out were the superstar aussie a batsmen weaknesses were. Neil Pick dup tha Tempo and made em hurt!

werd out

chrisbroadie

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Batting was less convincing, but both knocks from Chaulky were fantastic to watch - also respect to Vish for his part in the 119-run stand for the eighth wicket. Me and Chris will be joining the top order in the nets this week - it's no good having two super-rabbits at 10 and 11, we need to learn to stick around a bit!
Lol sounds like a plan
i dunno whats happen when i joined i had a batting average of 13ish and batted at 8 or 9, now im lucky if i average 1.3

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Thrilling game there between the Reds and the Greens, Greens only falling just short.

Credit to Mr P for the great bowling in the match for the reds, plus the hatrick in the first innings!, great stuff mate.

Extremely happy about the win over the team who talked themselfs up the most in the warmups.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
looks like all the batsmen will be having some extra net time... poor batting really undid what was a pretty good effort by the bowlers. hopefully we will gel as a batting side alot better next game.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
Happy with my debut game, but would have given anything to hv just won it..
Anyway better luck next time Greens. Absolute top-notch effort from Cloete, hopefully next time all the batters will come together and we'll come back to win the next few games ..
It was a close game, only reason we lost was the big stands put up by Reds in middle-order.. Need to work on that for future..

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Really happy with that. Amazed at the first ever hat-trick thing, just awesome.:)

What was better was the 98mph bouncer.:D