• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Veterans XI 265 & 160
Cricket Web Green 200 & 158

Veterans XI won by 67 runs

Man of the match: Wasim Akram

Coach's Comments:
Undermined twice by expert swing bowling from the old guys. The bowlers worked hard and Xavier Rose was outstanding yet again, with new career figures. With the bat, however, only Jason Toogood showed any competency against quality bowling from Wasim, Botham and company. Clearly more training is needed batting-wise.

cant really add much to that, batting training every morning and afternoon till the next game and for longer unless improvement is shown.

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yah the REDS are bACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Well done guys very well played. An all important morale boosting much needed win. All gave their efforts in the game ( I got water for you all ;) 12th man ) and lets hope we continue this streak and do well in the season.
Thanks a lot for my inclusion atleast in the team. :D

Hail REDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
whats the result of Reds vs South africa A OD game???

Any news of the game??? reds vs South Africa A OD game what are the games played usually??? tim ein gmt plz.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 188/8 50.0 overs
AUSTRALIA 'A' 191/8 45.5 overs

Australia 'A' won by 2 wickets

Man of the match: Shaun Tait

---

ZIMBABWE XI 255 40.0 overs
ENGLAND 'A' 246/5 50.0 overs

Zimbabwe XI won by 9 runs

Man of the match: NC Johnson

---

VETERANS XI 269/3 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB GREEN 248 47.4 overs

Veterans XI won by 21 runs

Man of the match: Desmond Haynes

Coach's Comments:
A valiant effort here from the Greens, but the Veterans were just too much in the end. Ash Chaulk made his return to CW cricket from his suspension and made a big impact with an impressive knock at the top. Credit too to Jason Toogood for another fine innings to the cause. The bowling was quite shocking though, led by a totally unexpected meltdown by Xavier Rose. Not the worst effort, but not quite good enough.

---

CRICKET WEB RED 268/6 50.0 overs
SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 185/9 50.0 overs

Cricket Web Red won by 83 runs

Man of the match: Ian Markus

Coach's Comments:
Another brilliant effort by the Reds. The bowlers really seem to have found a groove, with Muhaffy and Reddy starring in the effort. The big performance of the game, however, came from Ian Markus with another unbeaten score. He is currently yet to be dismissed this season with 223 runs scored already. Noteworthy also is Marc's innings. He didn't score that many, but finally looked to be back in form and hopefully will carry that forward.

---

INDIA A 179/9 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB BLUE 180/4 37.1 overs

Cricket Web Blue won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: Patrick Fisher

Coach's Comments:
Fine bowling by Bhooth Nath, Nath Patrick and Patrick Fisher to restrict the Indian batting to a meagre total of 179/9. More outstanding control by Halsey and Chris Broadbent also. The chase was very comfortable despite an early loss, as StUEy knocked the bowlers around and Buts rotated the strike with clinical excellence. Top class win.

Attachments

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
A fine pair of wins over one of the more dangerous sides in the league.

We needed that one boys and some superb tight bowling again - a good unit being built here!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
keep going reds, do us reds over in the world cup pround and when its over i will hopefully be able to lend my services to you guys.

are we going to be able to play in the devs liam or will the devs be finished by the time we get back.

need to help celebrate with the reds when they take it all out. :D

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Sorry about the bowling guys.First time i've gone without a wicket.Should have stayed in with the bat too.I'll try to do better next time.

ash chaulk

International Captain
those veterans havent lost it have they

p.s Me and Toogood again making the one day runs *cough* openers *cough* big run partnerships at the start *cough* *cough*

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
nice to see myself finding some form taking 3/34 in a OD match. my 5 day record wasnt good taking 7 wickets in 3 games, but still there is a lot of time left in this season.

spikeypineapple

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
actually ash chaulk has a point, with all the runs that toogood and ash are scoring in the number 3 and 4 spot their confidence is high. A shift to opening the batting could prove invaluable as the openers could come in at number 3 or 4 to find some form when the pressure is not so much on..just a thought

chrisbroadie

School Boy/Girl Captain
great bowling & fielding effort from the blues there only conceding 4 boundries then a well paced and controled run chase. Lets continue the form from this match into the next matches

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Useful 17* innings for me. That good OD season seems to have come one season too late :(

Oh well, another great effort. Just as well we don't have a certain Nichani, he'd probably cry after that win :tongue:

ash chaulk

International Captain
spikeypineapple said:
actually ash chaulk has a point, with all the runs that toogood and ash are scoring in the number 3 and 4 spot their confidence is high. A shift to opening the batting could prove invaluable as the openers could come in at number 3 or 4 to find some form when the pressure is not so much on..just a thought
but this is only in one dayers i mean

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
spikeypineapple said:

Why change something that isn't broken.

Opening is a completely different kettle of fish to coming in at 3 and 4 (which is in turn different to batting at 6 or 7) - A shift to opening could cause them to fail and then the teams got no form batsmen left.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
But why change something that's working?

A lot of people seem to forget that this game is about the team and not themselves...