• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Teams for OD Matches

CW Red to play OD vs England A
Craig
Jagaways
Daniel Muhaffy
Deeps
Ian Markus
Marc71178 (C)
Imran Khan Jr.
R_Powell_fan
Eyes Only +
Vishnu Reddy
Dave

12th Man: Yaju Arya

CW Blue to play OD vs New Zealand A
StUEy
Dylan Jellett
Patrick Fisher
C Buts
Langeveldt (C)
Samuel Vimes +
Andre
Tom Halsey
Nath Patrick
Bhooth Nath
Chris Broadbent

12th Man: David Kennett

Bhooth Nath makes his OD debut.

CW Green to play OD vs Zimbabwe XI
Paid the Umpire
Gibbs N Smith
Ash Chaulk
Jason Toogood
Age Master (C)
Adil Dewan +
SquidAU
Xavier Rose
Umpire Money
Master Blaster
Chris Hinton

12th Man: Don Ricardo

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As captain of the Reds I will be making some input to Liam over the weekend as to potential team changes - too many under-performing at once.

That said I don't expect to see too many people who are regular bowlers also batting up the order...

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
That said I don't expect to see too many people who are regular bowlers also batting up the order...
If you are referring to Muhaffy, his promotion is to accomodate your desire to bat a bit lower down the order. Deeps and Markus have settled into 4 and 5, so someone had to jump up the order.

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
am i the one u r refering too?? if my batting position is a problem i dont mind ending the middle order, my stats r wat my record is from my club, lemme have a game for the reds.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Dude i highly doubt you will get a game ASAP, you are still the recruit to the reds, so i would imagen you get a game in a couple of rounds time, after all the current guys do have a right to see if they can produce some good form and hold their place - the season isnt that far on yet.

:)

Mr Mxyzptlk

08/05/04

ENGLAND 'A' 168/8 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB RED 172/5 36.3 overs

Cricket Web Red won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: Vishnu Reddy

Coach's Comments:
Great captaincy from Marc to pull off a much needed victory for the Reds. Vishnu Reddy was really the star though. His bowling set back the Englishmen early and Dave and Khan Jr. were allowed to settle into economical rhythm each with decent success. Big big win for CW Red.

---

INDIA A 194/8 50.0 overs
VETERANS XI 195/6 37.3 overs

Veterans XI won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: Ian Botham

The Beefy of old!

---

AUSTRALIA 'A' 246/9 50.0 overs
SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 247/4 46.0 overs

South Africa 'A' won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: Martin Van Jaarsveld

van Jaarsveld flies back from the WC :p.

---

NEW ZEALAND 'A' 188/8 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB BLUE 189/7 42.4 overs

Cricket Web Blue won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: Samuel Vimes

Coach's Comments:
Sam Vimes' finest to date! A great innings under pressure from Sam Vimes to lead the Blues home from a precarious position. For Vimes it was his second List-A fifty and during the knock he crossed 500 List-A runs. He was not the lone star though. Wickets for Broadbent with the first two balls of the match set the tone and Nath Patrick in particular was sharp in the middle and late overs. Halsey once more exhibited great control and it was allround another fine effort.

---

ZIMBABWE XI 222/9 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB GREEN 224/7 47.4 overs

Cricket Web Green won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: Jason Toogood

Coach's Comments:
More form for Master Blaster to restrict Zimbabwe to 222/9. Xavier Rose finally showed that he's human with a below par performance. Battingwise, Chaulk and Toogood forged a great partnership. The winning knock though, was a calm 19 not out for Xavier Rose at the end.

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

**Breaking News**

Jagaways and Ash Chaulk have been cited in the drug scandal initially involving Ian Markus. Both players were tipped to the local police by an anonymous source as having a connection in Markus' acquisition of the banned substances. No comment as yet from the two newly accused, but Liam Camps, when contacted for comment, said:

"Leave me alone! No comment! The CWBCC will arrange a strong defence... etc. etc. Now let me sleep!"

Both players will be suspended for 1 game.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Great performance from the Reds - some good tight bowling and we were never in trouble after the great opening burst.

spikeypineapple

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I am making an official plea for the return of ash chaulk to the cricket web green test and one day side, he is an essential player that forms strong and effcient partnerships and fields well. Ash chaulk is not involved with any social drugs or performance enhancing drugs, nor does he have any affiliations with any other player involved in drug allegations. The clause for this type of suspension is not clearly identified in Ash Chaulk's player contract proposed and accepted by the cw board members. If Ash Chaulk is not returned to the cw green squad then he may have reasons to pursue compensation to his playing career.

Many regards
Ash Chaulk's Lawyer (Jason Toogood)

Ps. Please let him bak in

ash chaulk

International Captain
the only drugs im on is KFC

first a bad haircut now drugs not cool not cool

p.s. drugs r bad mmmm k

p.p.s i will fight this in court and earn my match payments :P