• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Can I come back and play yet? Have the ICC hurried the **** up and decided if it was my fault?

The drugs were really muscle building powder flavoured sherbet! I have nothing left to say and I fear that if I do more of the other CW players will become involved.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
well well we beat them again, Toogood was simply brilliant with both the bat and the ball to lead the way. Rose again bowled brilliantly.

the batting was solid but we as a team need to learn how to go on with starts better, this game Paid, Ash and myself all got past 20 and did't make it to 50.

still im very pleased with that win, an excellent game for us, hopefully we can continue playing that well as a team throughout the season

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Apparently I exibit control. That's kind of untrue, but I'm pleased.

The team won, and it appears I have taken my bowling to another level in the season break.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**Breaking News**

In an official statement from the ICC, the CWBCC was granted permission to raise the suspension on Ian Markus for the time being.

"Investigations are ongoing into drug allegations, but until a clear guilty verdict is found, Markus must be considered innocent and will therefore will be allowed to play."

Liam Camps:

"We are very pleased to have Ian Markus return to Cricket Web service and are still confident that he is 98% innocent."

Mr Mxyzptlk

Season Averages

Leaderboard

Most Runs in 5D:

Jason Toogood - 410
A Flower - 401
StUEy - 384
G Gambhir - 350
ME Waugh - 341

Most Wickets in 5D

D Pretorius - 18
Tom Halsey/Wasim Akram - 17
A Mishra - 16
Xavier Rose/CT Tremlett - 15
IG Butler/TK Canning/AA Noffke - 14

Most Runs in OD

JP Maher - 266
JO Troughton - 244
M van Jaarsveld - 231
Craig - 204
RA Smith - 187

Most Wickets in OD

Xavier Rose - 12
CEL Ambrose - 10
D Pretorius - 9
Dave - 8
Tom Halsey/Patrick Fisher/Chris Broadbent - 7

Season Averages attached to post.

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

Teams for 5D games

CW Red to play England 'A'
Craig
Eyes Only +
Jagaways
Deeps
Marc71178 (C)
Ian Markus
Imran Khan Jr.
Daniel Muhaffy
Dave
Vishnu Reddy
Yaju Arya

12th Man: R_Powell_fan

Debut for Muhaffy.

CW Blue to play New Zealand 'A'
StUEy
Patrick Fisher
Dylan Jellett
C Buts
Jamee999
Samuel Vimes +
Langeveldt (C)
Tom Halsey
Nath Patrick
Chris Broadbent
David Kennett

12th Man: Bhooth Nath

Debut for Broadbent.

CW Green to play Zimbabwe XI
Paid the Umpire
Gibbs N Smith
Krkode
Jason Toogood
Age Master (C)
Adil Dewan +
Umpire Money
SquidAU
Master Blaster
Xavier Rose
Sanz

12th Man: Ferd

Mr Mxyzptlk

Neil Pickup said:
Most impressed with Tom & Xavier.

When's our next Sub-Continent Tour? Double Spin Attack :)
We may be off to India or Bangladesh in the near future. Both countries have submitted bids to the ICC.

Also, Xavier has been bowling seam this season, not his offspin.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I have but i did bowl offspin in an OD match and got five wickets.Wow!!Top bowler in the ODs and in the top 5 for 5Ds.Hope to get back my batting form i had in the Pre-WC Tourney though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

07/05/04

Cricket Web Red 192 & 209
England 'A' 337 & 68/0

England 'A' won by 10 wickets

Man of the match: SI Mahmood

Coach's Comments:
Another performance of West Indian stature here. Apart from Jagaways in the 1st innings, there really was no purpose to the batting and thus two poor showings on a decent pitch. The only real bright spot out of this match proved to be the outstanding bowling debut of Daniel Muhaffy, taking the Reds first five-fer of the season. Much work is to be done.

---

Veterans XI 331 & 130
India A 412 & 50/1

India A won by 9 wickets

Man of the match: HK Badani

Shocking collapse from the old pros.

---

Cricket Web Green 487 & 156/5d
Zimbabwe XI 289 & 209

Cricket Web Green won by 145 runs

Man of the match: Jason Toogood

Coach's Comments:
Can he be stopped? Toogood continues to live up to his name with another commanding innings, racing past 500 runs in his FC career. The big story, however, was that Age Master declared the 2nd innings closed with Gibbs N Smith on 98 not out, 2 short of his maiden FC hundred. The move turned out to be huge though, as the Greens pulled off victory with just 19 minutes to spare. With the ball Rose produced another fine spectacle of seam and Master Blaster found good form. Behind the stumps Adil Dewan was electric and got good purchase in the scorebook for it. Another great win here and the Greens are flying high at the moment.

---

Australia 'A' 482/8d & 223/3d
South Africa 'A' 291 & 223

Australia 'A' won by 191 runs

Man of the match: MTG Elliott

---

New Zealand 'A' 208 & 349
Cricket Web Blue 331 & 229/6

Cricket Web Blue won by 4 wickets

Man of the match: Patrick Fisher

Coach's Comments:
Another solid allround performance from Fisher was the mainstay of a fine allround performance by the team. StUEy classed his way to his second FC hundred and Dylan Jellett played a fighting knock of 88 to set a decent first innings lead for the Blues. This came after Fisher and Nath Patrick set New Zealand with the ball. Patrick was particularly impressive, bowling 13-3-25-3 in his opening spell and taking his first FC wickets. In New Zealand's 2nd innings, David Kennett did the damage after New Zealand got away quite nicely. Halsey then wrapped up the tail despite bowling rather poorly throughout the game, his first poor game of the season. Fine form returns for C Buts with an impressive knock, missing out on his hundred by 13. In the end proved Langeveldt, to no one's surprise, who led the team home. The Blues captain continues to be the MVP of the team and was there at the end once more. Top effort here.

Attachments

Last edited:

spikeypineapple

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
mr m, the stats for the green vs zimbabwe game are tha wrong ones, instead it is the first game of nz vs green.....sorry to point this out but yeh :)

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
I am extremely dissapointed at how us reds are going recently, we had a good start to the season, and now this? losing each game by big margins.

Simply the batsmen arnt scoring the runs, and the bowlers are taking the needed wickets. In our second innings the bottom 4 outscored the top 4 batsmen.

2 pluses to come out of it, Jagaways highest 5day score (i think) of 70, and Daniel Muhaffy's superb debut figures of 5/59 - the first 5wicket haul from the reds this season.

My performance was poor with the ball, 1/93 and 0/11 in the second innings. Batting was good for me in the second innings scoring a healthy 23.

I put our poor performance down to the disrupted leadup to the match regarding Ian Markus and the drug allegations. It meant alot to some of us whether or not he was found to be using banned substances. Now that he has been allowed to play, im sure we can settle down and look fora big win in the 1dayers.

Thats my excuse anyway :p

Ferd

U19 Vice-Captain
I too am disapointed.

THE GREENS ARE GOING TOO GOOD!

I can't even make it into the team. Not that I deserve it.

GO THE GREENS!!!

cbuts

International Debutant
im just pleased to have contirbutted to the team again, been a few games between drinks for me :D :D :D

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
very happy with teams performance and my 1st innings bowling... but theres room for improvement. haha im batting at nine with an average of about 15... not bad