• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Things are really on track boys. A bit've ashame about the hiccup against the Curry A team but that's ok, it's still early and we shouldn't really have many problems qualifying. Sorry about my performance in that game too. Ugh a golden followed by a 13, not so great and only snaring 1 wicket. 1/18 from the match though that's ok. Maybe a little more chance to have a go with the ball? MAYBE......

The one dayers however is where things are really going to plan. Deeps you have to stop out performing me, sure I like scoring runs but when u score 70's and I only score 60's it sorta sux. Nah it's ok mate I really don't mind batting out there with you I had a lot of fun against the Indian boys the other day and it was awesome smashing our way to a total. LEt's keep up the good work boys.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Proud Indian said:
Yup...cant wait to come back
If you don't want to be at the World Cup just say, I'm sure there's others who would love to be out there but got overlooked for someone who's supported another team and now says he can't wait to get away!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
CRICKET WEB BLUE 173 36.1 overs
CRICKET WEB GREEN 174/7 35.4 overs

Cricket Web Green won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: Xavier Rose

Coach's Comments:
It's a wonder that Rose would consider bowling offspin, considering how well his seam bowling is going. :) A second 5-wicket haul for the young man and a great win for the Greens. A couple of crucial innings in this one. Langeveldt was explosive to rescue his team from shame, but it was Ash Chaulk and Jason Toogood with a partnership of 95 that got the job done for the Greens. Well played by all again in a tight(ish) match.

Good win, should have done better though, lost to many wickets near the end. ggreat work by the bowlers particularly Rose and Umpire money - Umpire money bowled better than his figures showed :) great batting by Chaulk and Toogood :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Marc - any chance of some captains feedback as to how the team is going ect? :)
I'm happy with our current form - we need to fill a top order spot as I am more suited coming in lower down the order, but with the rest of the top order performing well I'm happy to bat out of position for the good of the team.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
05/05/04

Veterans XI 256 & 271
South Africa 'A' 186 & 208

Veterans XI won by 133 runs

Man of the match: Wasim Akram

---

Cricket Web Red 236 & 181
Cricket Web Green 286 & 134/3

Cricket Web Green won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Master Blaster

Coach's Comments:
In good bowling conditions, the Reds got off to an amazing start before a collapse of epic proportions saw the Greens back in the game. A solid effort by the Greens with the bat, including a crucial lower order contribution from SquidAU, saw them take the lead. With just 132 runs to defend, Marc tried everything to get wickets, but alas the Greens pulled through with an impressive win. Much congratulations must be given to Age Master, who finally found runs after struggling through most of the season so far.

---

New Zealand 'A' 244 & 216
England 'A' 177 & 137

New Zealand 'A' won by 146 runs

Man of the match: KP Walmsley

---

Australia 'A' 305 & 228
India A 469 & 68/1

India A won by 9 wickets

Man of the match: S Sriram

---

Zimbabwe XI 448 & 179/5d
Cricket Web Blue 274 & 329

Zimbabwe XI won by 24 runs

Man of the match: A Flower

Coach's Comments:
A heartful chase by the Blues against the Zimbabweans came up just short. The first innings was really where this game was lost. After surrendering 448 runs to the visitors, including an Andy Flower special, the batting could only muster 274 runs. Much credit must go to Patrick Fisher who bowled exceptionally in this game for career best figures. Also of note is a magnificient hundred from StUEy and some fine rearguard batting from captain Langeveldt.

Attachments

Mr Mxyzptlk

**Breaking News**

Ian Markus has been suspended from the Cricket Web Red team for 1 game as he is investigated for banned substances found in his hotel room. No comment yet from Markus, but earlier Liam Camps issued the following statement:

"We tend to trust our players and have very little doubt that Markus is innocent. No further comment at this time."

spikeypineapple

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
great game reds, here *** tha greens storimin bak from obscurity...

nice game with the bat n ball jason, scored a fitty and got 2 wikits nice werk

ash chaulk

International Captain
Thats the way we play down Green Town.....

I hope i can get a spot back in the team especially when Adil took 6 catches all up

Neil Pickup

Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Ian Markus has been suspended from the Cricket Web Red team for 1 game as he is investigated for banned substances found in his hotel room. No comment yet from Markus, but earlier Liam Camps issued the following statement:

"We tend to trust our players and have very little doubt that Markus is innocent. No further comment at this time."
I heard the statement was originally, "How did he get them out my dressing table..." but was changed after legal advice...

ash chaulk

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

druggy

spikeypineapple

Mr. M, do u have the current stats for all cw teams? 5d and odi, if so can u attach them to a form or send em to me wen im online please fanku :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

spikeypineapple said:
Mr. M, do u have the current stats for all cw teams? 5d and odi, if so can u attach them to a form or send em to me wen im online please fanku :D
I'll try to get that done later today. Now I must watch cricket and study some Biology.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
The following is a statement I'd wish to release the to CW community.

I am not a drug cheat, and I have never knowingly taken drugs for either leisure purposes or to enhance performance. Playing cricket is my life and it is too much to throw away.

How the drugs got into my hotel room is a mystery. To my best knowledge I did not put them there. I will do my upmost to co-operate with the CW board of directors and Liam to help clear this issue up. I believe that it will be solved professionally and effectively so that I can get on the cricket pitch...

That's all for now, p.s my favourite cricketer is Shane Warne, **** did I say that out loud?

spikeypineapple

wats wrong wif warnie, he was innocent, it was his bloody mum tryin to make the chubby leggie a poster pin up boi for cleo n all those utha chik magazines

slats, why dont u just come clean, i mean if we go lookin for weapons of mass confusion and we dont find any we might jus have to destroy your hotel room looking for somefin that may/ or may not be there....ahhaha pun intended

nah seriously come clean