• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CW Red to play Australia 'A'
Craig
Eyes Only +
Jagaways
Marc71178 (C)
Deeps
Ian Markus
Imran Khan Jr.
Pratyush Agarwal
Dave
Vishnu Reddy
Yaju Arya

12th Man: R_Powell_fan

CW Blue to play Veterans XI
StUEy
Samuel Vimes +
Patrick Fisher
Dylan Jellett
C Buts
Jamee999
Lanegeveldt
Tom Halsey
David Kennett
Rolande Hallett
Bhooth Nath

12th Man: Chris Broadbent

CW Green to play New Zealand 'A'
Ferd
Gibbs N Smith
Adil Dewan
Jason Toogood
Age Master (C)
Ash Chaulk +
Umpire Money
SquidAU
Master Blaster
Xavier Rose
Sanz

12th Man: Paid the Umpire

To those who didn't make the first XI, keep the faith. There are still 17 more 5D games to be played this season and 18 OD games, so everyone will get a couple of games at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Please note that the trophies for which teams will compete this season are as follows:

5-Day - The Manuel Ramprakash Challenge
One-Day - The Chef de Groot Trophy

These trophies are courtesy our kind sponsor, the Cricket Web Bar.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I've just realized Pete's in my team! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol at the names of the competitions.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
CW Green to play New Zealand 'A'
Ferd
Gibbs N Smith
Adil Dewan
Jason Toogood
Age Master (C)
Ash Chaulk +
Umpire Money
SquidAU
Master Blaster
Xavier Rose
Sanz

12th Man: Paid the Umpire
Adil has been stripped of the gloves! Not surprised...

NikhilN

International Regular
I got 2 questions...

1) If I am in the world cup, can I play in the dev league?

2) Do the captains pick the XIs or do you pick the XIs?

Neil Pickup

Proud Indian said:
I got 2 questions...

1) If I am in the world cup, can I play in the dev league?

2) Do the captains pick the XIs or do you pick the XIs?
1) Not while we're still in the tournament

2) Liam/Reuben pick the XIs

Mr Mxyzptlk

**Season Openers**

Cricket Web Red 286 & 367
Australia 'A' 271 & 342

Cricket Web Red won by 40 runs

Men of the match: Vishnu Reddy & Marc71178

Coach's Comments:
A few scary moments in this one. When Australia was 142/1 in the 2nd innings it really looked like they would pull off a win. Then captain Marc71178 brought himself on to bowl and took wickets in his 3rd and 5th over to set the Aussies back. Reddy and the other bowlers then finished the job. It was allround a very encouraging performance by the Red team. The batsmen found it a bit tough in the first innings, but the dependable Eyes Only held in there and got a good total built around her.

The heroics then moved to the bowlers, as Yaju, Reddy (career best haul) and Dave all bowled really well and Australia 'A' lost 6 for 67 at the end of their innings. Batting with a slim lead, contributions came throughout the order against top bowling by Bracken, with crucial knocks from Marc71178 (another half century without carrying on though...), Imran Khan Jr. and Pratyush Agarwal. Great start to the season!

---

New Zealand 'A' 462 & 61/3
Cricket Web Green 152 & 370

New Zealand 'A' won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: RJ Nicol

Coach's Comments:
I was speechless whilst watching this performance by the Cricket Web Green team. After labouring in the field for a day and a half, the Green seamers finally dismissed NZ. There were only two truly notable bowling performances - that of Xavier Rose and Master Blaster. Rose proved extremely penetrative in short spurts, but needs to work on his stamina. Master Blaster was the typical veteran which is needed - tight line and length. The batting wasn't much better than the bowling, and the score was 87/8 (!) before SquidAU (very impressive) and Xavier Rose ressurected it somewhat.

Still, following on the Greens were never really in it anymore, even though they showed much better application in the second innings, boosted by an outstanding century on debut from Jason Toogood. Brilliant innings indeed! Not a very pleasant start to the season, but with such a lack of experience in the team, this one can be forgiven.

---

Veterans XI 465 & 272/5d
Cricket Web Blue 273 & 345

Veterans XI won by 119 runs

Man of the match: ME Waugh

Coach's Comments:
Not much to say here except 'Mark Waugh'. When Waugh scores two dominant hundreds in the game (although dropped twice on 5 by Jamee999 and on 99 by Vimes in the second innings) you're not going to have much of a chance. The rookie seamers were really shocking in the first innings against the might of Waugh and Richards. Only David Kennett of the quicker bowlers showed the correct application. It was spin that did the trick, however, manifested in Tom Halsey with career best figures.

Batting, a few batsmen got starts but then threw it away. Back in the field early wickets went to Nath and Hallett, but Waugh did the trick again. Bhooth Nath and Patrick Fisher were the picks of the bowlers here in a better effort on the flattish track. Chasing a huge target, almost everyone got starts again, but frustratingly fell away to admittedly good bowling. Much work to be done.

---

India A 346 & 367/3d
England 'A' 338 & 267

India A won by 108 runs

Man of the match: G Gambhir

The overpowering Indian batting talent shines through again.

---

South Africa 'A' 201 & 297
Zimbabwe XI 284 & 218/5

Zimbabwe XI won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: GW Flower

Zimbabweans get it done against their fellow Africans.

Attachments

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Top score in the CW Green first innings.......fantastic! Too bad we lost though. Better luck next time.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Well i was impressed with my good first innings with the bat and ball after it had been such a long off season.

21 with the bat and 3/63 was a good effort, whoever my second innings was appalling. Getting 4 with the bat and 0/92. Disgraceful after my first innings.

A great result for the team (reds). I Look forward to the next match where Marc can lead us to 1d victory :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

CW Red to play OD vs Australia 'A'
Craig
Jagaways
Marc71178 (C)
Deeps
Ian Markus
Daniel Muhaffy
Imran Khan Jr.
Eyes Only +
Pratyush Agarwal
Vishnu Reddy
Dave

12th Man: R_Powell_fan

CW Blue to play OD vs Veterans XI
StUEy
Dylan Jellett
Jamee999
C Buts
Patrick Fisher
Langeveldt (C)
Samuel Vimes +
Tom Halsey
Nath Patrick
David Kennett
Chris Broadbent

12th Man: Bhooth Nath

CW Gree to play OD vs New Zealand 'A'
Paid the Umpire
Gibbs N Smith
Ash Chaulk +
Jason Toogood
Age Master (C)
Adil Dewan
Ferd
Xavier Rose
Umpire Money
Master Blaster
Chris Hinton

12th Man: Don Ricardo

David

International 12th Man
Ahh, well, not the best start to the season, on personal terms not the worst either, despite taking only two wickets in the match my first innings bowling seemed at least promising, and my batting seems to have improved a deal over the break too.

Lets see how we do in the one dayers! Go the blues!!!!!

Tom Halsey

International Coach
GET THE HELL IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, yes....

Someone is happy, but the team need to improve overall. 'Specially Vimes, fancy dropping Waugh.

But I see plenty of potential for improvement.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
good dev league debuts from jason and i but unfortunately we lost.still got my frist 5-wicket haul so that's come consolation and it's good to see i stuck it out in the batting in the first innings when everyone else collapsed. come on greens!!!Let's Go!!!!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
tough first game, they got away in the first innings but we did well to fight back, hopefully we can build the confidence we got in that 2nd innings in the matches to come. good debuts from Jason and Rose :) both look to be good players.

hehe i might have do do some more bowling in the future too...

lets fire up for the next one boys :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
aha, nath patrick is set to make his debut in the odis... lets see what happens.
haha how good r the verterans XI!!?!?! cmon bluuuuues!!