• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
not to bad red. I still reckon we should be winning games by more. our teams exceptional not just good. Ah well i spose Aussie A is tough. well done for everyone on a SOLID game. No real stars just everyone pitching in.

Only 40 odd runs for me for the match but at least i held a few catches.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Rub it in.

Golden duck and 19, and one catch.

*expects a career like Roger Stead pretty soon, unless something happens*

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
AUSTRALIA 'A' 234 45.1 overs
CRICKET WEB RED 237/3 45.3 overs

Cricket Web Red won by 7 wickets

Man of the match: Deeps

Coach's Comments:
Another clinical win in this one. Jimmy Maher blazed to a century (and took 20 runs off a Pratyush over), but the bowler's didn't drop their heads. Instead, Dave and Imran Khan Jr. fought back after expensive starts to their spells. Dave finished with career best figures. Also contributing with the ball was Marc71178 and his golden arm to snare a couple of wickets and start a tailend collapse.
The chase was the most impressive part of the effort. Jagaways and Craig got the innings off to a flying start, but it was maturity shown by Deeps and Markus that really shone through as they posted an unbroken century stand.

---

CRICKET WEB GREEN 176 37.1 overs
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 177/8 36.4 overs

New Zealand 'A' won by 2 wickets

Man of the match: Joseph Yovich

Coach's Comments:
On a flat surface, one would really have hoped that the batsmen would do more with winning the toss. Against some accurate stuff from the Kiwis, the batting order collapsed, with the exception of outstanding innings from Ash Chaulk and Adil Dewan.
Defending the low score was never going to be easy, but Xavier Rose bowled with heart and accuracy and almost pulled it out for CW. Good fightback. We'll get them next time.

---

VETERANS XI 213 49.1 overs
CRICKET WEB BLUE 216/4 42.2 overs

Cricket Web Blue won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: StUEy

Coach's Comments:
3 of 3 for StUEy as his amazing CW career continues. Another fine half century was the basis for a comfotable run chase by the Blues. C Buts also starred with a great supporting knock. However, the big work was done earlier by the bowlers to restrict a powerful batting lineup to just 213. All the bowlers bowled well. David Kennett started with 43 runs from his first 4 overs, but consolidated to end up with reasonable figures.
Debutants Broadbent and Patrick were superb in their roles, and Fisher and Halsey were also exceptional. Allround a fine win to start the season.

---

ENGLAND 'A' 243 49.2 overs
INDIA A 232/6 50.0 overs

England 'A' won by 11 runs

Man of the match: Ian Bell

---

ZIMBABWE XI 186 43.2 overs
SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 189/4 35.1 overs

South Africa 'A' won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: Dewald Pretorius

Attachments

ash chaulk

International Captain
wow i made some runs this time 49 (48) including 2 big 6's...... happy even tho i fell short of 50
Good batting by adil
Great bowling by rose too

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
iiiiiiiii got richards!! whoo hoo!! 2/34 im ab-so-lute-ly stoked!! man blues we rock!! keep it up.
haha poor daniel muhaffey (for reds) took 0/22 off 4 and didnt bat... i know hes better than that.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Very solid win by the reds. Great batting by Deeps, Ian and Craig sealed victory for us off just 45.3 overs.

Am very pleased with my career best bowling, 4/37 off 9. Its a great start to the 1day season :D

Look forward to the next match :) Go Reds!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
btw SUPERB bowling by broadbent, fisher and halsey against such a strong opposition. i daresay the vets home crowd was deadly quiet after the first innings. great batting also by stuey and buts. lets keep it up against the greens!! great team effort, everyone pitched in. :D :happy: :)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Teams for 5D Matches

CW Red to play India 'A'
Craig
Eyes Only +
Jagaways
Marc71178 (C)
Deeps
Ian Markus
Imran Khan Jr.
Pratyush Agarwal
Dave
Vishnu Reddy
Yaju Arya

12th Man: R_Powell_fan

CW Blue to play CW Green
StUEy
Samuel Vimes +
Patrick Fisher
Dylan Jellett
C Buts
Jamee999
Langeveldt
Tom Halsey
David Kennett
Rolande Hallett
Bhooth Nath

12th Man: Chris Broadbent

CW Green to play CW Blue
Paid the Umpire
Gibbs N Smith
Adil Dewan
Jason Toogood
Age Master (C)
Ash Chaulk +
Umpire Money
SquidAU
Master Blaster
Xavier Rose
Sanz

12th Man: Ferd

Last edited by a moderator:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
the exact same cwblue team has been announced to take on the greens which some might find suprising after that big loss... mind you that was against the vets. but that wont stop the early pressure on some individuals to perform. go blues.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Blues have no hope i believe as The greens are finding there form and should put it all together for a big Win....

With Rose's bowling plus others chipping in... the form of Jason Toogood, Adil, Gibbsy, myself(hehe kinda) and our captain Age master batting wise...

my tip Greens by 120 runs or 5 wickets

in the other game i tip india a by 50 runs or 3wickets

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Big Effort Reds. That was a much more impressive performance. Now I KNOW we will win it. I lost 30 bucks on the Dogs tonight at the clubs but will put my last $1.50 on the Reds winning both comps.

Good bowling by Marc and Dave, and I guess it was fun batting in the second. I felt like I was in good touch and had lots of fun batting with Deeps.

Mr Mxyzptlk

3rd May 2004

South Africa 'A' 194 & 192
New Zealand 'A' 277 & 111/2

New Zealand 'A' won by 8 wickets

Man of the match: JD Ryder

---

Zimbabwe XI 334 & 264
Veterans XI 419 & 127/1

Veterans XI draw with Zimbabwe XI

Man of the match: A Flower

---

England 'A' 311 & 399
Australia 'A' 415 & 173/1

Australia 'A' draw with England 'A'

Man of the match: ET Smith

Sajid Mahmood's Dev League debut.

---

India A 367 & 383
Cricket Web Red 277 & 216

India A won by 257 runs

Man of the match: A Mishra

Coach's Comments:
Ouch! The big disappointment here is the batting. On a wicket that offered runs for the willing batsman, player after player gifted his wicket to the Indian bowlers in the first innings. In the second innings, the pitch was turning a fair deal and the Indian spinners just outclassed the Reds. With the ball the effort was honest and sufficient, especially from Yaju. We need to regroup and try much harder next time.

---

Cricket Web Blue 284 & 252
Cricket Web Green 307 & 201

Cricket Web Blue won by 28 runs

Man of the match: C Buts

Coach's Comments:
In the tradition of interCW matches over the seasons, this was yet another classic matchup. Some brilliant batting from Jason Toogood in an ultimate losing effort for the Greens. Still very well competed by both teams. Halsey continues to mature as a spinner, taking his second career 5-wicket haul in as many matches. The other star bowler was Umpire Money, as solid as ever with his medium pace. There were a couple of disappointing batting performances, but the positives far outweighed the negatives for both teams.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

He sanares Adil's wicket in both innings! Neddless to say, he is going to get stick for it when I'm back. :D

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
i didn't perform with the bat but bowled well.should have stuck in there longer.good game guys anyway.we're getting better only lost by 28 runs this time.