• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Dev League Season 6**

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Teams for OD games

CW Red vs Zimbabwe XI
Craig
Jagaways
Eyes Only (wk)
Deeps
Ian Markus
Zaid Ghansar
Daniel Muhaffy
Imran Khan Jr. (C)
R_Powell_fan
Vishnu Reddy
Dave

12th Man: Yaju Arya

CW Blue vs South Africa A
StUEy
Dylan Jellett
Patrick Fisher
C Buts
Langeveldt (C)
Sam Vimes (wk)
Andre
Halsey
Nath Patrick
Bhooth Nath
Chris Broadbent

12th Man: Jamee999

CW Green vs Australia A
Gibbs N Smith
Master Blaster
Ash Chaulk
Jason Toogood
Age Master
Adil Dewan (wk)
Paid the Umpire
Xavier Rose
Sanz
Chris Hinton
A Massive Zebra

12th Man: SquidAU

ash chaulk

International Captain
hmmm maybe i shouldnt bat at number 3 in 5dayers if our bowlers are making more runs then me.... top stuff tail... bad lose tho

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Shame bout the draw reds, it could of swung either way. Yet again craig had a gutsy knock in the first innings, producing yet another 50. He was supported by Markus and Jagaways, both scoring 50's. Markus however fell 6 short of his century.

The bowling was hard, heavy workload for the top 4 bowlers, myself bowling 33.3 overs, yaju 32, reddy 28 and muhaffy 26overs. 48 Maidens were bowled in our first innings of bowling, so it was some good economical bowling, Eventually it payed off with Muhaffy taking 3/70 and myself taking 3/69.

Zim was left needing 226 off just 27 overs, which is a near imposibility. so they just batted out the draw.

Look forward to the one dayers, where we should be able to take a victory.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
16-05-04

CRICKET WEB GREEN 207/8 50.0 overs
AUSTRALIA 'A' 208/5 42.5 overs

Australia 'A' won by 5 wickets

Man of the match: David Hussey

Coach's Comments:
Foiled by Hussey. David Hussey continues his fine OD form with another great innings to defy the efforts of the Greens on this occasion. The batting of the Greens was nothing to preach about except for 70 by Jason Toogood (who was dropped 3 times, on 1,5,48) and a solid 49 from Chaulk. The bowling was even less inspiring, with only Master Blaster looking anything near penetrative.

---

VETERANS XI 250/6 50.0 overs
ENGLAND 'A' 252/7 47.4 overs

England 'A' won by 3 wickets

Man of the match: Jamie Troughton

---

CRICKET WEB RED 274/4 50.0 overs
ZIMBABWE XI 189 43.5 overs

Cricket Web Red won by 85 runs

Man of the match: Ian Markus

Coach's Comments:
An innings after taking his batting average from infinity to 228, Ian Markus got back into the act with another fine unbeaten knock and another big partnership with Deeps. This after Craig and Jagaways set the tone with a great opening stand of 85 at a bit less than a run-a-ball. Defending the sizeable total proved no problem for the Reds' seamers, Vishnu Reddy being the pick of them. Good win.

---

SOUTH AFRICA 'A' 168/8 50.0 overs
CRICKET WEB BLUE 169/4 30.3 overs

Cricket Web Blue won by 6 wickets

Man of the match: Tom Halsey

Coach's Comments:
Bhooth Nath set back the South Africans early, but it was Halsey and Nath Patrick who tightened the screws and limited the Blues target to a mere 169 runs for victory. Early wickets perished in the chase, but Patrick Fisher was steady at #3 and C Buts was in strokeplaying form. The game was taken to the close by a sensible 57-run showing between Langeveldt and the ever-improving Samuel Vimes.

---

INDIA A 268/7 50.0 overs
NEW ZEALAND 'A' 198/9 50.0 overs

India A won by 70 runs

Man of the match: Wasim Jaffer

Attachments

cbuts

International Debutant
pleased i could contribute once again. we need to keep this odi form giong boys. on top of table.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Seems the CW teams are better at the OD form of the game than the 5D.We're at the top then near the bottom.

DJellett

International Debutant
Oficial Statement From Dylan Jellett

It really hurts to be part of a winning team and constantly failing.
Am I far from the selctor's axe Liam? It would seem so.

I wish to issue a public apology to all fellow CW Blue team mates,
the squad members who could be in my place, and CW Blue officials.
I am struggling with form and thus my mental state is also struggling.
I am consulting medical help to solve this problem.
I believe that it is my mental state and not my raw ability that is letting me down, although I am working strenuosly on my batting in the nets.
It is all in the head and not in the heart, but I plan to work through these issues with my doctor and hopefully will return to peak form in the near future. I am failing at something I love, and I again deeply apologise to eveyone who expected more of me that I have failed. Once my mental state is back on track, I believe in myself that I can be back better than ever before, but until that time, I will continue to struggle.
Thank you to everyone who has helped me so greatly in my short career thus far, and let's proceed into the future stronger than ever before!

Yours self-dissapointedly,

Dylan Jellett
CW Blue

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I just can't wait to get back to playing in the OD game and the 5D game for the Blues...I hope I can get enough form from here to the end of the season to go on the "A" team tour.

chrisbroadie

School Boy/Girl Captain
marc71178 said:
Go to the CW Bar and drown your sorrows Dylan - might make a difference?
lol hear hear first ones on me mate hahaha dont worry champ i am also doing F.A atm so dont stress - i think im due the chop if i dont pull me finger out (more training less drinking maybe... :p )

Last edited:

zghansar

School Boy/Girl Captain
congrats RED

congrats red team on a good team performance, everyone did their part, thats y we r a TEAM. i hope my performances since debut has not disappointed anyone, this was my second odi n i score 55 on debut and a quick 32 notout now so average is high :), bowling was also very economical. all praises for the reds...... KEEEP WINNING

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
halsey man, you must be streaking away with your averages!! ahhh my average with the ball in both forms is around 28 so not bad but i need more wickets... my 1/27 off 10 sums it up. economical but need more stump crashing. keep it up bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuues

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
and no offence reds... but you can see how you got a draw!!
2nd Innings
Jagaways 16 (55) 29.1%
Deeps 60 (150) 40.0%
Markus 51 (146) 34.9%
Ghansar 50 (178) 28.1%
Imran Khan 5 (47) 10.6%
Muhaffy 20 (100) 20.0%
... with a run-rate of 2.06

i dont think your scoring em quickly enough... though credit to the zimmy bowlers :D
good luck reds :wacko: