• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well I read.....
In 1921 the english captain, Lionel, Lord Tennesyon, came to the Australian dressing and complained to the captain, Warwick Armstrong, that he had been insulted by one of the Australian players.
Armstrong turned to his players and asked
"Which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard ?".
I've heard this one, it's a way better story

Qlder

International Debutant
Sharma, Kohli and Warner all now retired from T20I after World Cup. Thats the 1st, 2nd and 7th highest T20I run scorers gone at the same time. Did anyone else quietly retire?

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Current T20 competitions include:

1. Lanka Premier League
2. Major League Cricket
3. T20 Blast
4. TNPL

The TNPL is highly regarded due to the quality of cricketers it produces.

Additionally, T20 Internationals in progress are:

1. India vs Zimbabwe
2. England vs New Zealand (Women's)

Fans eagerly await the upcoming Test cricket matches.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Ok got it 👍
Yeah we've just had our general election here where the matter of immigration and multiculturalism is a stick the Reform party massively use to stoke division and hatred in our country.

Them and their supporters can't fathom something like the above.

Thankfully despite coming third in the number of votes they haven't gained more than 5 seats out of 650.

Anyway not cricket at all but just relevant to explain.

Love that video all the same (I mean it's a bunch of English people supporting England nothing really to see here)

Qlder

International Debutant
A strange bowler selection?

Greg Chappell made his debut in the 2nd Test vs England at Perth in 1970/71 as the 4th bowler, replacing spinner Terry Jenner in the side. He bowled first change taking an economical 1-54 off 24 overs in England's 1st innings. Chappell then made a century (108) on debut batting #7 after Australia was in serious trouble at 5-107, still 290 runs behind. Match report on Chappell: "He mauled Snow, Lever and Shuttleworth so severely that 74 were added in ten overs."

Mallett was then brought in as the 4th bowler in the next Test, while Chappell more logically replaced Paul Sheahan to bat #5 or #6 for remainder of series. The rest is history as he became the best Aussie bat since Bradman.

Match Report - was also first ever test at the WACA

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
What's the longest peak in terms of runs scored where somoene averaged as much as bradman's career mark?