• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket 2005 v BLIC 2005

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Behlol said:
i have heard from people around .it looks as if EA Sports have failed again!a person even scored 400+ in a one day game!
but i thought that it was ridiculously hard to score in one dayers on c2005? doesnt sound like you have your info straight there young man.

darko21

U19 Debutant
I have had C2005 for about a week and the first initial play of it was okay. I spent some time creating a player but I was very disappointing. The only EA game with great create-a-player system is Tiger PGA 2005. But this was just crap. All the players look the same with a body shape not unlike Bert Newton or Arjuna Ranatunga.
Now I shall start on batting... WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!!!??? It is the worst and most unrealistic batting I have ever witnessed. I was a bit rusty on the first play which is understandable after a few months of rest from C2004. So at 12 midnight I get the hang of batting again but I was tired. Next day, I get out for 21 (Aus v Northants). Okay let's try again... same... Okay can't hit through a field, hit over. Oh wait, it goes straight in the air... Okay, have a break. Come back, same thing... getting frustrated. Then by a sudden miracle, my timing being the same as it was, i hit 5 sixes off Chaminda Vaas and get 82 from 47 balls. Hmm... WHAT!!!???
Bowling is easy still. Set a field with a bowler straigh down the field and one on the cover boundry and wickets fall in a 20/20 match. RSA out for 37. Then I make 6/38.
I tried a FC match and it is near impossible to have any batting confidence unless you defend for 10 overs. Understandable it is a FC match but I would like to score a 4 and have some confidence.
Only strokes that will get you runs:
- Leg glance: 1 run or caught if the CPU decides it wants you out. Against a spinner, sometimes you can get it away.
- 6-HIT leg glance: 4 or 6 or caught (reason as above) or lbw (on easy) when the auto-back foot comes in making you play a pull shot with a ball pitched at your feet.
- Cover drive: 6-hit or a few runs.
- Sweep shot: For some reason I get a lot of runs against fast bowlers with a 6-hit sweep shot.
All in all, I am gonna play some ICC2002

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
for me i wish this game had the new super-sub & field-restriction rules, i created a Rest of the World side & it felt kinda odd without having those rules in it.

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
beaten ?

anyway, i was enjoying a nice game of cricket 2005, when shoaib ahktar was walking back to his mark, he magically turned into andrwe flintoff......bit worrying, then all of a sudden when i changed bowlers i saw michale vaughn appear as the pakistan captain wearing the shirt and hat whilst giving bowling advice to razzaq....AND THEN!! it got even worse as geraint jones appeared behind the stumps clad in pakistan colours......before letting a series of delveries run away for byes.....ar least some things are realistic....:p

King_Ponting

International Regular
kendall said:
beaten ?

anyway, i was enjoying a nice game of cricket 2005, when shoaib ahktar was walking back to his mark, he magically turned into andrwe flintoff......bit worrying, then all of a sudden when i changed bowlers i saw michale vaughn appear as the pakistan captain wearing the shirt and hat whilst giving bowling advice to razzaq....AND THEN!! it got even worse as geraint jones appeared behind the stumps clad in pakistan colours......before letting a series of delveries run away for byes.....ar least some things are realistic....:p
:lol:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
its true, i witnessed it myself :p, still enjoy the game though, gets better the more you practise.

scritty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
sledger said:
doesnt sound like you have your info straight there young man.
I've heard that it's hard on PS2. and to be fair, if you try and play properly it's not THAT easy on the PC. However, if you throw all cricket thoery out the window and just move into line and "on" or "off" drive slog every ball. Then 20 an over on HARD level on the PC is really easy, Even the Bangladesh no11 can hit Glenn Mcgrath for 20-30 an over (on hard).

Admittedly, once you try and play "real life" to the ball it ain't so east - but once you know you can score 6 after 6 the game is totally ruined. :@

Clarker

PS same with bowling. On Hard inswinger to hit top of off stump..wicket every 6-10 balls - I mean you find yourself NOT doing the obvious thing just to try and get some enjoyment out of the game----once that happens you know the game is flawed beyond hope. :@

PPS Don't expect any patches from EA either. You WILL get some fixes from the community - but the community shouldn't have to act as play testers and code correcters for yeat another EA cricket game released at BETA :@

kendall

U19 Vice-Captain
Well i could just be bad at the game but i found batting on the ps2 increadibly hard and bowling far too easy. maybe practice is needed

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
After playing both the games on xbox version, I dont think I like either of the games too much to play for long times. Playing test match is out of question for me, because EA does not have a save function while BLC does not have autoplay. Both I feel lack good strokes, and while bowling is fun in both games there really isn't much to enjoy.

tonyredmonduk

Cricket Spectator
Sounds like I am the first person to own both full PS2 versions of the game (if not I stand corrected) Anyway, here is what I think:

BATTING -
BLIC wins this hands down, you can actually craft a proper cricket innings by playing the ball ALL AROUND the Park not just to FINE leg!! ok so you have no front foot/back foot selection and it can be a bit of a **** but all in all doesnt detract too much. Ij just feels more like a proper cricket game.

BOWLING -
2 - 0 to Mr Lara, I found the bowling to be a pretty good craic on Lara, you can change the line and swing of the ball at the last minute (awesome on two player mode, foxing your mates!) The pace of the bowlers is laughable when did Freddy become Mark Ealham pace my record slow delevery so far is 23 MPH with a spinner, Im still waiting for it to land! But all in all it beats the EA attempt hands down. But 1 big big downer is no generated innings which I think is a right **** up!

FIELDING -

Hat-trick! 3-0 The fielders on EAS move at about 300mph it IMPOSSIBLE to run a 3 and nearly so to run a 2. On lara they have a neat little idea where ny you have to time a catch as you would time a shot for it to be taken. Another downer for lara is why does the bloody keeper always throw the stumps down even when you are home by a mile??

COMMENTARY -

See my EA review! No contest 4or so diffent blokes on Lara, ok so Gower occasionally forgets their is a game going on at the mo and asks Greiggy "who is the greatest fast bowler of all time?" or "Why is English county cricket such an appaling bag of dog****?" or the like.
On EA you get Richie and that other **** as repeated from 2004.

GAME SET UP+STATISTICS etc -

For me this is where EA is MILES better than than LARA. Yes thats what I said! they have a players full career stats full and up-to-date squads, complete with REAL names. Also the full county season and all that on EA is good. That create-a-player crap is bollox on both for me! And why does everyone rave about this using the real bat **** on Lara? Can someone tell me when Tendulkar started using a GM bat cos I always thought he was a MRF man. Then next time I see him he has traded for a lovely new Gray Nics bat!

Not enough options and stats on Lara, It is a great game purely for GAMEPLAY which is what, first and foremost we are all after eh?

All in all I would gime LARA 7/10

and EA ...........is sitting in its box........right next to EA2002 and
EA rugby 2004. When will I ****ing learn!!!!!!

PS on the cricket theme, why is everyone getting on the back of Geraint Jones YET AGAIN give the bloke a ****in break, ok so he dropped a couple. Who helped KP dig us out of the **** in the 1st inns? Did anyone bother to watch his keeping in the first half of the game..... and any game since the end of the last English summer????
He HAS got the balls to take on the Aussies and compete, Chris Read has NOT!
Bet these are the same people who said KP's technique was suspect and we should not pick him??

scritty

tonyredmonduk said:
why is everyone getting on the back of Geraint Jones YET AGAIN give the bloke a ****in break, ok so he dropped a couple. Who helped KP dig us out of the **** in the 1st inns? Did anyone bother to watch his keeping in the first half of the game..... and any game since the end of the last English summer????
He HAS got the balls to take on the Aussies and compete, Chris Read has NOT!
Bet these are the same people who said KP's technique was suspect and we should not pick him??
Cause he took Read's place. Read is a demonstably better keeper. And (from what i've seen) almost as good a batter.

Geraint is a top bloke though, so don't worry, he'll be in for the next two tests.

Check out this link ...

http://uk.cricinfo.com/columns/content/story/214590.html

The knives are out for Vaughan. Not only is he the worst fielder since Tufnell (in fact I reckon he's worse, he just acts more professionally than Tuffers so gets away with it). But his batting in the last three YEARS (that's right YEARS) makes Graeme Hick look like a prolific England run scorer - the difference being Vaughny is also a total liability in the one day game with an of 29 after 69 games before this season started -THAT WENT DOWN - EVEN AFTER FILLING HIS BOOTS AGAINST BANGLADESH to 28.4 now

You gotta say that after 74 ODI's (a more than fair number to asses someone's real value) an average of 28 is totally rubbish.

He is worth 28..that's it..He's played dozens of games, against all opposition (including plenty against Zimbabwe and Bagladesh) and he averages 28 !!

Incidentally ,he's had more ODI's than any top five batsman IN WORLD CRICKET with an average of less than 30.

Somethings happened to the bloke, something serious. He keeps saying stuff like "I'm in good nick" or "I'm not bothered about my game"

Well here's news for you Mike...

You bl**dy well should be !!

Clarker

djwolf

Cricket Spectator
Back to the topic of the two games, I think BLIC 2005 could be a great game but it needs to be polished up. The game runs way too fast, camera moves too fast, replays are always the same, stadiums and players don't look very realistic. The gameplay however has a good solid feel with realistic movements and the bowling is really fun. EA have got the graphics and realism sorted but their gameplay feels stuttery and it's very hard to bat. I'm disappointed that both games have not come up to scratch. The perfect game would be BLIC's game engine and controls with EA's presentation, stats and graphics. Oh and autoplay should always be an option!

JeffStar

ok, can someone jsut answer this simple question (for people who have both games)-

which is better/more fun in gameplay, especially for a novice cricket fan.

which one has better detailed, stats as in season mode, and franchise mode (for teams, who cares about individual players).

thanks!

zimrahil

Cricket Spectator
JeffStar said:
ok, can someone jsut answer this simple question (for people who have both games)-

which is better/more fun in gameplay, especially for a novice cricket fan.
BLIC

JeffStar said:
which one has better detailed, stats as in season mode, and franchise mode (for teams, who cares about individual players).
Ea Cricket 2005