• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

biased indian

International Coach
Tapioca said:
>> I didnt got the answer for my question and how come u have started asking questions again SJS Tapioca Shanker

Good. That saves me from the responsibility of asking the next one :)
so answer this!!

Muralitharan lost two world records during the India vs Australia test series name them and who broke them???

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
biased indian said:
so answer this!!

Muralitharan lost two world records during the India vs Australia test series name them and who broke them???

Most Caught and bowled dismissals in Test cricket by Kumble (23) overtaking Murali (22) ?

(along with SK Warne becoming the leading wicket taker in Test cricket!!)

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
Roland Butcher
Come on. West Indies played their first test match in 1928. More than 50 years before Roland played for England !!

Frankly I am not able to think of a black man in other teams. Only four teams had played test cricket before 1928. It cant be England since Roland was the first black and that was in 1980's. SAF had Henry as the first and that was in the 90's. I havent been able to find a black criketer who played for Australia or NewZealand before 1928.

So it has to be the blacks who played the first test in England in 1928. Challenor, Constantine and Company. But I am sure the answer is not that simple Thats why I did not offer it :p

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
:oops:

Australia had a black player named Sam Morris who played noe test in 1884/5 when many of the players boycotted the test over some money matters.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:

Australia had a black player named Sam Morris who played noe test in 1884/5 when many of the players boycotted the test over some money matters.
That must be it.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
That must be it.
Here you are :

1855:
Australian all-rounder Sam Morris (1 Test in 1884) was born. He remains the only black cricketer to appear in Tests for Australia.

Take a bow Tapioca. You are truly the Cricket Guru
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

biased indian

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Not if you want to stick to the rules you can't.
i didnt ask the question because i am sticking to the rules :p

he was online when i posted that.i was asking his permission since he has not asked questions the last couple of times he got the oppurtunity :@

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Tapioca said:

That is the correct answer !!

Anyone can ask the next question !! (BI or Tapioca)

But BI, Mark, SJS, Tapioca,Super King Dave, Jamee999, Sudeep, Shankar and others who contribute to this thread , May I make a suggestion in the interests of this thread !!

Everyone who answers a question has a responsibility to ask a question, in order to keep this thread moving !! (Passing over to others to find questions over and over again, will lead to this thread moving slower and sometimes even confusion as to who asks the question etc.)

It would be a unfair if some chose only to answer questions, and left it for others to find and ask suitable questions !!

Because as has been pointed out its not hard to find answers !!

Asking the interesting (not vague or obscure) questions is important in enhancing the knowledge of all of us and many others who visit this thread !

Some on this thread seem to find it easier to just answer questions only and leave it for others to post questions !! You can do that once or twice,(or if two people contributed to the answer you could leave it for the other person to ask question), but repeatedly leaving it to others to do the hard job of finding the questions is unfair IMO !!

It also becomes relevant because of the different time zones the members of this forum live in ! By not keeping a question live all the time, some members of this forum (in differing time zones) may not be able to participate actively in this thread !!

SJS, BI, Mark and even Shankar have always posted questions (even if they were simple ones) once they answer a question ! I think we should suggest that the others do the same (because I feel its an obligation of answering a question and also in the interests of keeping the thread moving) .

What do you think BI, SJS, Mark,Tapioca ? (I hope I have not antagonised or upset anyone by what I have said (apologise if I have), but I thought I had to make this observation)

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
That is the correct answer !!

Anyone can ask the next question !! (BI or Tapioca)

But BI, Mark, SJS, Tapioca,Super King Dave, Jamee999, Sudeep, Shankar and others who contribute to this thread , May I make a suggestion in the interests of this thread !!

Everyone who answers a question has a responsibility to ask a question, in order to keep this thread moving !! (Passing over to others to find questions over and over again, will lead to this thread moving slower and sometimes even confusion as to who asks the question etc.)

It would be a unfair if some chose only to answer questions, and left it for others to find and ask suitable questions !!

Because as has been pointed out its not hard to find answers !!

Asking the interesting (not vague or obscure) questions is important in enhancing the knowledge of all of us and many others who visit this thread !

Some on this thread seem to find it easier to just answer questions only and leave it for others to post questions !! You can do that once or twice,(or if two people contributed to the answer you could leave it for the other person to ask question), but repeatedly leaving it to others to do the hard job of finding the questions is unfair IMO !!

It also becomes relevant because of the different time zones the members of this forum live in ! By not keeping a question live all the time, some members of this forum (in differing time zones) may not be able to participate actively in this thread !!

SJS, BI, Mark and even Shankar have always posted questions (even if they were simple ones) once they answer a question ! I think we should suggest that the others do the same (because I feel its an obligation of answering a question and also in the interests of keeping the thread moving) .

What do you think BI, SJS, Mark,Tapioca ? (I hope I have not antagonised or upset anyone by what I have said (apologise if I have), but I thought I had to make this observation)
I am in 100 percent agreement.

I think we should be clear on the purpose of this thread. Let me tell you what it means for me.

To learn a new fact about the game that i did not know or hadn't noticed before in a playful manner which adds to the fun.

To share from the information/knowledge available with me , in the form of books etc, with other cricket lovers and thats fun too.

Neither the answers I give nor the questions I pose are invented by me, so the pleasure of 'beating' the next guy to it (though slightly pleasurable in a childlike way) or posing a question that is impossible to answer and getting everyone to give up does nothin for my ego and is not what brings me here.

I would like to assume the same is true for most of us here. I enjoy this thread but miss quite a bit of it due to the time difference but try reading up later. :dry:

Last edited:

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
What do you think BI, SJS, Mark,Tapioca ?
True and agree but I do find it a little difficult to ask good questions. So while I'll continue asking questions, (in response biased_indian's post) I have absolutely no problem if someone wants to take over from me.

Okay. Today I have come prepared with three questions. :)

Which person and his sister have given their names to two Test grounds in different countries ? (Name both people, not the grounds)

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
True and agree but I do find it a little difficult to ask good questions. So while I'll continue asking questions, (in response biased_indian's post) I have absolutely no problem if someone wants to take over from me.

Okay. Today I have come prepared with three questions. :)

Which person and his sister have given their names to two Test grounds in different countries ? (Name both people, not the grounds)
Great question !

No idea :wacko:

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
Time for a hint.

(1) The ground named after the sister is in India

(2) The city of the 'brother ground' is also named after the brother (ie, both the city and the ground are named after the same person, though the names of the two are not identical)

If you can get the names of the grounds, that will do.

Last edited: