• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
It becomes easy once SJS said its not a test record .

Highest Runs scored by Non Test Players is what SJS is after -

443* BB Nimbalkar Maharashtra v Kathiawar Poona
383 CW Gregory NSW v Queensland Brisbane
366 MV Sridhar Hyderabad v Andhra Secunderabad
350 Rashid Israr Habib Bank v Nat Bank Lahore
343* PA Perrin Essex v Derbyshire Chesterfield

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
!!##$% it. I would have gone for it directly (without the hint about the Gregories) but there is a Naved Latif who scored a 394 and I didn't know that he was a Test cricketer.

SJS' order is not quite correct either.

An Indian heads this short list of five batsmen which has an Australian at number two, another Indian at three, an Englishmen at number four and a Pakistani at five !!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
It becomes easy once SJS said its not a test record .

Highest Runs scored by Non Test Players is what SJS is after -

443* BB Nimbalkar Maharashtra v Kathiawar Poona
383 CW Gregory NSW v Queensland Brisbane
366 MV Sridhar Hyderabad v Andhra Secunderabad
350 Rashid Israr Habib Bank v Nat Bank Lahore
343* PA Perrin Essex v Derbyshire Chesterfield
Well. You are almost correct.

You missed out R Abel at number four who scored 357 * for Surrey vs Somerset at The Oval in 1899.

Its a list of the players who scored 350(or more) runs in a test innings and never played a test match.

You go next Jason.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
!!##$% it. I would have gone for it directly (without the hint about the Gregories) but there is a Naved Latif who scored a 394 and I didn't know that he was a Test cricketer.

SJS' order is not quite correct either.
1. The Order
My order is correst once you restore Abel at four.
1. Nimbalkar - India
2. Gregory - Australia
3. Sridhar - India
4. Abel - England
5. Rashid Israr - Pakistan

2. Naved Latif
He DID play one test match for Pakistan against Windies in Jan 2002

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

He had a greater association with an Esteemed Publication now no longer in circulation and owned by another great British Instituition Mohammed Al-Fayed :D :laugh: :laugh: . But he published a book on Cricket . Who is he ? What is the book ?

Last edited:

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Question

He had a greater association with an Esteemed Publication now no longer in circulation and owned by another great British Instituition Mohammed Al-Fayed :D :laugh: :laugh: . But he published a book on Cricket . Who is he ? What is the book ?
EV Knox?
Punch?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Bernard Hollywood 'Cricket on the Brain'
Correct Archie,

Hollywood was one time Editor of "Punch" the esteemed British Publication, unfortunately no longer in publication, but lately owned by the other British Instituition 'Mohammed Al-Fayed' . :D :D

Your turn.

archie mac

International Coach
Okay a modern question for someone else to maybe answer, other than Jason, SJS or Tapi :ph34r:

Matthew Hayden created a unique record during his innings today, what was it?

imagine

School Boy/Girl Captain
archie mac said:
Okay a modern question for someone else to maybe answer, other than Jason, SJS or Tapi :ph34r:

Matthew Hayden created a unique record during his innings today, what was it?
1000 test runs each year in five consecutive years?