• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Most balls faced to get of the mark?
Q10 Most Balls faced to get off the Mark ? No .

Getting side tracked here. (consider the complete opposites to the above !! :D :D
And that's a very very big clue !!)

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
whitedazzler said:
most minutes at the crease before facing a ball?
Q11 Most minutes at the crease before facing a ball ? NO

Clue - think of the record that any batsman (or even bowler) would hate to have . :D :D Then think what could be even worse than that(ie worst type of this record) !! :D :D

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Longest duck (36 balls or 51 mins)? Though a long duck isn't necessarily any worse than a short one; in some circumstances it's better.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:
Longest duck (36 balls or 51 mins)? Though a long duck isn't necessarily any worse than a short one; in some circumstances it's better.
Q12 Longest Duck ? No

Much much worse than that !! But definitely in the right group of records !! :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Adamc said:
Most ducks against Bangladesh?
Q13 Most ducks against Bangladesh ? No .Getting side tracked here.

Its to do with ducks , but what's worse than that ? Then consider what could be even worse than that ! :D

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Q13 Most ducks against Bangladesh ? No .Getting side tracked here.

Its to do with ducks , but what's worse than that ? Then consider what could be even worse than that ! :D
Oh well, just following your clues. I know that it's:

1) Something to do with Test ducks. So i looked up all of his Test ducks;
2) The record was achieved against the same opponents. Bangladesh is the only team he's scored more than one duck against;
3) "Clue - think of the record that any batsman (or even bowler) would hate to have . Then think what could be even worse than that(ie worst type of this record) !! " I thought getting more than one duck against the (second) worst Test team in the world is pretty bad. :p

Wrong answer, but you can't fault my logic. :p Seriously though, I've got no idea.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He has five ducks in his test career.

Three of them are royal ducks - out first ball.

Another is vastly better - out second ball.

In the fifth one he must have made some sort of a record for playing 36 balls and still failing to open his account.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
He has five ducks in his test career.

Three of them are royal ducks - out first ball.

Another is vastly better - out second ball.

In the fifth one he must have made some sort of a record for playing 36 balls and still failing to open his account.
Apologies the question was wrong. I thought he had a pair against Bangla - which was why i worded it this way . Didn't check my facts carefully !! :( :(

He only has a golden Duck against Bangla.

When he got the Golden Duck, in the second innings he was nearly run out prior to scoring - which could've become the least balls faced to get a pair (ie 1 ball) - but alas my facts were wrong !!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
As punishment for the wrong question , I will post next question-(Facts verified) :D

Question

Adam Gilchrist , Dave Richardson , Bhagwat Chandrasekhar , Ajith Agarkar......among a select group share a record - not very different from the above question . What is the record ? :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
If its any help, may I say that Chandrasekhar was one of the greatest spinners to play Test Cricket, but he has the record of having had more wickets than runs scored in his Test career .(of over 50-60 Tests I think)