• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
Spot on Jason. Welcome back! There was even a rumour that you were gone for good :p
Nah ! no way mate ! I am here on this forum for good. Just that Exams are a distraction occasionally !! :D :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Apologies for the delay in posting question.

Question

What record does Zimbabwe's Trevor Gripper hold ? :happy:

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
probably not the answer

but he has the highest average of 123 (only had 1 chance though) for batsmen when they are chasing a total to win a test match. he did it against bangladesh

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
whitedazzler said:
probably not the answer

but he has the highest average of 123 (only had 1 chance though) for batsmen when they are chasing a total to win a test match. he did it against bangladesh
The record was achieved against same opponent !! :D :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hi Jason,

This question seems to have turned to the 20-question format. Is it okay if we continue in this way. If you agree I will ask the next question :)

The last time I did that I was reprimanded :huh: kidding

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Hi Jason,

This question seems to have turned to the 20-question format. Is it okay if we continue in this way. If you agree I will ask the next question :)

The last time I did that I was reprimanded :huh: kidding
OK . No probs.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Q What record does Zimbabwe's Trevor Gripper hold ?

Q1 Is it some thing to do with who he has represented ? No.
Q2 Lowest Batting Strike rate ? No
Q3 Something to do with how long he batted in minutes ? No
Q4 probably not the answer , but he has the highest average of 123 (only had 1 chance though) for batsmen when they are chasing a total to win a test match. he did it against bangladesh ? Definitely not the answer !! :D
Jason's early clue -
The record was achieved against the same opponents. :)

SJS said:
Is it in ODI's ?
Q 5 Is it in ODIs? No

White Dazzler's online - hence additional clue :D Q3 is somewhat close to the answer in a way. :D :D

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Is it a test record ?

Is it something to be proud of ?

Was it achieved while batting ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Is it a test record ?

Is it something to be proud of ?

Was it achieved while batting ?