• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, that's okay :). I don't remember my first correct answer ... how sad :(

Verity ?

Last edited:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
A strange occurrence occurred in Australia's first innings in the First Test against India at Madras in 1979. What was it?

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
A strange occurrence occurred in Australia's first innings in the First Test against India at Madras in 1979. What was it?
Were they invaded by some sort of insects?

Wasps or bees?

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
alan border was run out from a straight drive from graham yallop that came of the indian bowler doshi's hand and ricocheted onto the stumps for 162 one run short of equalaling Norm O'Neill's record in tests between Australia and India.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
whitedazzler said:
alan border was run out from a straight drive from graham yallop that came of the indian bowler doshi's hand and ricocheted onto the stumps for 162 one run short of equalaling Norm O'Neill's record in tests between Australia and India.
Not what I was looking for actually

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
Does it have anything to do with Hughes and Border's combined totals being ~2/3rds of the team total?
No.

Clue: It has to do with several of the Australian batsmen doing the same thing

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Six of the players were playing there first away test. All eleven were playing in the sub-continent for the first time.

- Hildich : First game away from home
- Border : First game away from home
- Whatmore : First game away from home
- Kevin Wright : First game away from home
- Rodney Hogg : First game away from home
- Alan Hurst : First game away from home
-

- Wood : First game in india
- Yallop : First game in India
- Kim Hughes : first game in India
- Geoff Dymock : First game in India
- James Higgs : First game in India

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Not what I was looking for, but we are learning lots of new interesting things about this side :)

archie mac

International Coach
I have looked up this match in four seperate books (cricket history) not one said anything of interest, except Border and Hughes put on 169 (13x13)