• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Yes I worked that out, but I have not been able to find the No.
:-O
Astill played 424 First Class Matches before his Test debut - This is the most FC matches played by any player before making Test debut . Ewart Astill also has to his credit a rare FC record - He played FC cricket in 4 decades !! :D

Your turn Archie !

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Astill played 424 First Class Matches before his Test debut - This is the most FC matches played by any player before making Test debut . Ewart Astill also has to his credit a rare FC record - He played FC cricket in 4 decades !! :D

Your turn Archie !

THE PARTY IN THE SHACK​

From the great fertile mind of Arthur mailey; which two great batsman did Arthur invite to his imaginary 'party in the shack' :)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
THE PARTY IN THE SHACK​

From the great fertile mind of Arthur mailey; which two great batsman did Arthur invite to his imaginary 'party in the shack' :)
Just guessing here, Bill Ponsford and Herbie Collins?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
Isn't the point to let us answer the question Jason :p ???
Somerset said:
Lol, that's what I was thinking after that post...interesting change to the game I guess.

Archie had already given an answer that was close enough, and since no one made an attempt I thought it was fair to give Archie the credit instead of letting the thread stagnate ! :) Apologise if I had upset you two by doing so.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
Archie had already given an answer that was close enough, and since no one made an attempt I thought it was fair to give Archie the credit instead of letting the thread stagnate ! :) Apologise if I had upset you two by doing so.
I was only joking Jason - it was really no problem with me. ;)

archie mac

International Coach
Somerset said:
Was Warwick Armstrong one?
Nope, even more famous
:D you have the right country though.

Cardus once compared these two as one being a modern jet and the other an Eagle.

One was more efficient, but which one would you rather watch.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

Only 2 Australians have done it !! But 5 Englishmen, 21 South Africans, 1 New Zealander , 1 Pakistani , 1 Zimbabwean and 2 Bangladeshis have done it !

Not a single Indian, West Indian or Sri Lankan have done it !!

What have they done ?
:)

archie mac

International Coach
JASON said:
Question

Only 2 Australians have done it !! But 5 Englishmen, 21 South Africans, 1 New Zealander , 1 Pakistani , 1 Zimbabwean and 2 Bangladeshis have done it !

Not a single Indian, West Indian or Sri Lankan have done it !!

What have they done ?
Your questions are becoming more and more cryptic Jason
:p

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
Your questions are becoming more and more cryptic Jason
:p
Wonder why ? :laugh:

Once you make it cryptic and very vague :huh: it really becomes a stab in the dark and loses interest of those attempting. (as can be seen)

The interest in Trivia thread is in making those interested get the answer and thus derive pleasure in answering and not for the questioner to feel this exclusively, IMO.