• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Records - Only England Captain to Star in Hollywood (including opposite Liz Taylor)

or were they Music Records he may have released ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
This has taken far too long and whats more it isnt getting even close.

The record has to do with age !

I think that should do it.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
This has taken far too long and whats more it isnt getting even close.

The record has to do with age !

I think that should do it.
Anything to do with John Traicos? :confused:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
James Southerton :)

Records - oldest debutant, first Test cricketer to die :D , working on other records. :sleep:

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Southerton is correct. records are pretty easy

1) Oldest to debut in tests
2) First test cricketer born in the world.
3) First test cricketer to die.
4) Shortest gap between first and last game - 16 days !!

Go ahead Jason

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question
Which famous incident is this? Give details and individuals as well as the background to this famous incident !!

Attachments

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Question
Which famous incident is this? Give details and individuals as well as the background to this famous incident !!
John snow being manhandled by an Australian spectator.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
John snow being manhandled by an Australian spectator.
Correct !! John Snow felled Aussie tail-ender Terry Jenner with a bouncer and then became involved in a war of words with Aussie umpire Lou (LP) Rowan, after being warned for intimidatory bowling. England Captain Ray Illingworth joined in and the crowds apparently started becoming hostile with booing and cans being thrown onto the ground.

The last part of this drama was when John Snow was sent to field right near the Fine-leg fence (as the picture shows)and a drunken spectator leaned over and grabbed Snow by his arm.

Illingworth then lead his Team off the field and only after the umpire's informed him that England would forfeit the game if they did not return, did the Team come back on field.

Your turn to post next question !! :)

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Which is the only instance of all 22 players bowling in a first class cricket match !!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
It's been 24 hours and no-one has said anything so:

Who was the first Test victim of the partnership: c.G Jones b.S.Jones?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Styris is correct, well done.

It's a topic that interests me, people with the same surname that aren't related.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay, my turn ... seems a while since I got a question right

QUESTION: Who scored the first duck in Test cricket ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
burkey_1988 said:
Okay, my turn ... seems a while since I got a question right

QUESTION: Who scored the first duck in Test cricket ?
EJ Gregory

In Australia's first innings in the very first test match ever.