• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you beat for the cricket guru title?

bryce

International Regular
lol nope - i don't think if it was about him the quote would be renowned because i'm sure a few people would of said more drastic things that that about him

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
jase i hope you don't mind too much but i'm gonna have to take your question buddy - you can take my next one if you want(providing i get one)
I am very upset! :@ :@ :****ed:

Only kidding !! :D :D (I was finding it hard to find a question any way!). Who ever answers next question can post next question !!(Is it SJS ?) :happy:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question

Which batsman has the record for scoring the least runs in a whole day ( ie a day without interuption, batting not out from overnight to remain not out at the end of the day) ? How many runs ?

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
ML Jaisimha who started the day on 5 not out and ended 330 minutes later (India in those days playedfive and a half hours per day) at 54 not out, scoring just 49 runs during the day.

This was at Green park Kanpur in Dec 1960.

Next day he was run out for 99 after 8 hours and 20 minutes of batting !!!

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
ML Jaisimha who started the day on 5 not out and ended 330 minutes later (India in those days playedfive and a half hours per day) at 54 not out, scoring just 49 runs during the day.

This was at Green park Kanpur in Dec 1960.

Next day he was run out for 99 after 8 hours and 20 minutes of batting !!!
Correct !!

Jayasimha only just ahead of Mudassar Nazar who only scored 52 runs in a whole day v England in 1977-8 at Lahore and DJ McGlew of South Africa who scored 56 runs (1 n.o to 57 n.o) v Australia at Jo'burg in 1957-8 and Jayasimha again who scored 59 runs in a whole day v Australia (0 no to 59 n.o) at Calcutta in 1959-60.