• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bevan = Hussey????

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Are they the same guy??? Is Hussey, Bevan reincarnated. I was thinking about this and then to my surprise cricinfo also was to as they released a piece talking about the similarities of the two.

In my opinion both are fine left handers, both are hugely underrated, both belong/belonged in the test side but rarely ever get any mention in team discussions and both have the soundest temporament in World Cricket.

Your thoughts?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Little bit premature... how many run chases has he anchored?
well look at it this way since Bevan was dropped after the sri lanka series australia forgot about the role Bevan did so brilliantly and adapted a different one with Symonds & Pup playing agressively later on in the innings.

But with Hussey's introduction that Bevan like role has been brought back into the australian side.

tooextracool

International Coach
Slats4ever said:
Are they the same guy??? Is Hussey, Bevan reincarnated. I was thinking about this and then to my surprise cricinfo also was to as they released a piece talking about the similarities of the two.
well lets see how he goes from here. its definetly extremely premature to compare anyone to arguably the best ODI player, especially after just 12 games. he certainly goes about his game in a very similar fashion to bevan but whether he has the same temperament or whether hes anywhere near as good a player of spin as bevan was is yet to be seen.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slats4ever said:
In my opinion both are fine left handers, both are hugely underrated, both belong/belonged in the test side but rarely ever get any mention in team discussions and both have the soundest temporament in World Cricket.
On Tests you can't say that about either player.

King_Ponting

International Regular
hussey scores his runs alot quicker than bevan and is not a selfish player. If anything hussey is an aggressive bevan who just has that nick of not giving away his wicket.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Slats4ever said:

Your thoughts?
Hussey is a better fielder and has a better attitude for mine

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bevan was tried in the test team, but failed. The Aussie selectors have shown their hand and won't play first class openers as middle order players after Elliot showed that he was useless anywhere other than opener. So, unless Langer or Hayden are injured or dropped there is no chance for Hussey in the test side, at least in the next 6 months.