• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Squad

Spark

Global Moderator
I think it's genuinely too late to fly people in tbh, they'd need time to acclimatise and by the time they do the tournament might well be over, before which point they'd more likely than not be a liability.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it's genuinely too late to fly people in tbh, they'd need time to acclimatise and by the time they do the tournament might well be over, before which point they'd more likely than not be a liability.
nah, it only takes 48 hours to get there and there’s days between games

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you fly someone in now it's not with the intention of playing them, it's to be a back up for more injuries

If they did fly in a Matt Short, Ashton Turner or (god save us) Tim David you wouldn't expect them to play ahead of Green or Stoinis.

Burgey

They'll replace with Green and Stoinis IMO, it's not yet safe to experiment and they seem happy with the bowlers (even though Starc has been godawful)
They should play Sabba instead of Stoinis. He's a better bowler and nothing Stoinis has done in years makes him a better ODI bat at no. 7 than Abbott either.

Also, is Head able to bowl or was his injury to his bowling hand? A fedw overs from him would be pretty handy tstl.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Yeah this is a big blow for Aus the top 3 and Marsh are in form. Stoinis and Green will probably come in next game they haven’t done much with the bat all tournament. Smith and Marnus haven’t been great in the middle order also

loterry1994

International Debutant
By acclimatise I mean acclimatise to playing in Indian conditions. It'd take most players a few games to fully get up to speed.
yeah there’s absolutely no use bringing some guy that isn’t experienced. Can’t even think of who they’d bring

Spark

Global Moderator
15 player squads are ridiculous for such a long tournament! ICC needs to fix this going forward.

As for Marsh, he might not be back for Afg game either so if Aus were to lose vs Eng, it would put them under huge pressure vs Afg.
The bizarre thing is that absolutely no one was going around during previous tournaments saying "you know, I just think that 17 man squads are too big". They 'fixed' a problem that only they perceived and created a far bigger one in the process.

Spikey

The bizarre thing is that absolutely no one was going around during previous tournaments saying "you know, I just think that 17 man squads are too big". They 'fixed' a problem that only they perceived and created a far bigger one in the process.
they've never been 17 man squads?

Molehill

International Captain
Would require massive effort to beat even England now
Slight over-reaction. Australia have lost Marsh and Maxwell, England have lost the plot.

Bookies have it 8-13 Aus and 13-10 Eng. Should be more like 1-3 and 5-2 if you ask me.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, this format has been there only from 2019 but yeah, it was always obvious you needed 18 member squads when the format guarantees 9 games a side and that too within a month or whatever the time is.