• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Squad

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The thing that surprises me is how they won 3 consecutive WCs and yet had diff. captains in each... :laugh:

lol - serves me right. Punter won it twice. I guess it shows how forgettable the 2007 tourney was to me.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
Was stoinis even going to start? Green got runs in the warm-ups and has been backed more recently.
I don't know tbh. Green just doesn’t look good at the moment either at rotating the strike or taking the long handle and has been since his ton in India. Stoinis is equally bad at rotating the strike but I feel he'll be atleast be better than Green at clearing the boundaries

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know tbh. Green just doesn’t look good at the moment either at rotating the strike or taking the long handle and has been since his ton in India. Stoinis is equally bad at rotating the strike but I feel he'll be atleast be better than Green at clearing the boundaries
Stoinis has spent 5 years producing moeen ali tier numbers and he's not even suited to these conditions. You can't have a guy who's averaging 20-25 batting in the top 6. Green's not been great but he's a tier above stoinis.

Gob

International Coach
Stoinis has spent 5 years producing moeen ali tier numbers and he's not even suited to these conditions. You can't have a guy who's averaging 20-25 batting in the top 6. Green's not been great but he's a tier above stoinis.
I would have neither and have Inglis instead. You already have Marsh and Maxwell to bowl the extra overs

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I would have neither and have Inglis instead. You already have Marsh and Maxwell to bowl the extra overs
Yeah i'de have inglis as well. I'm just not sure on if marsh is fit to bowl. He's not bowled at all until these recent WC warmups.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Honestly don’t like the make up of this team. Think Head is a massive loss if he can’t play the entire tournament. Head, Marsh, Warner as the top 3 looks pretty destructive. If they play Marnus and Smith I think we’re in some trouble posting bigger totals if we lose early wickets in the tournament as those 2 are usually slower starters.

Carey as the keeper batsmen is also a worry. His form hasn’t been great lately and most keepers in the other teams are close to their best player.

Agar also seems like a big loss as well, think the pitches will be flat and 2 front line spinners would of been handy now we’ll have to rely on the part timers to bowl some the overs