• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2020/21

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
same thing happened last season IIRC. Starc and Lyon (and maybe Cummins too) were crap in the Shield games before the Tests

doesn't instil a lot of confidence though

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congratulations to cricket genius Jimmy Peirson on almost literally cutting his way to a BIG century

tony p

State Regular
Back to back double tons, not a bad way to open your account as an opener.
Pucovski joins a fairly short list of Australians who have hit back to back double centuries, not all of them in the shield.
Giffen, Frank Tarrant (Middx), Ponsford (2), Bradman (4), Simpson (2), Burge, G Marsh, Hills, & Clarke.

tony p

State Regular
Lloyd Pope currently, 25-0-169-1. Not sure this is helping is development. Not sure how good he may become, but this is way to expensive, crap side not withstanding.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
The redbacks bowling falling off the cliff it has fallen off is a bit surprising
It is, but tbh there were signs of this lack of penetration at times last season, but that was somewhat papered over by Wes Agar having such a breakout season. With him finding things much tougher this time around the problems become so much worse. Chaddy keeps on chugging along but there is only so much he can do without support, Worrall looks undercooked coming back off a lot of injuries, and Pope is just in struggletown with no form and no confidence. Joe Mennie a fair loss, but he didn't exactly set the world on fire last season himself.

Give my boi Tim Oakley a game I say, took a hatty on the weekend too

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Was/is in England for a while.

Also, I wonder if CA will be happy with that Poewrade esky being prominently on view outside the WA when Gatorade are an official sponsor

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nick Larkin is unironically a better batsman than Kurtis Patterson.

Disagreement with this would be like saying Biden is a hologram on the verge of death.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Bartlett injured or did Doggett jump ahead in the queue?
Tend to think it is a workload management thing for Bartlett, but I'm not sure. Doggett wasn't even in the original squad, good seeing him back but I kinda hoped they would go with Blake Edwards tbh, definitely rate him

This Shaun Marsh kid is going well