• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Archived [19/01/09] Battrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobisback

International Regular
Code:
Name		Age	BTR	Batting 	        Bowling 
Alshaun		30	9,717	strong/competent		
Hocking		21	39,033	remarkable/remarkable	
*Hiller		21	36,565	remarkable/remarkable		
+Beaumont	19	41,029	quality/quality		(superb)
Allison		27	6,966	proficient/woeful       
Gravey		30	11,247	respectable/feeble		
Byles		33	14,545	respectable/competent	strong/feeble		
Hartburn	21	18,065	woeful/abysmal		quality/mediocre		
Sicelo		18	16,775	worthless/worthless	quality/respectable		
Wikus		21	49,857	worthless/worthless	exceptional/remarkable	
Poke		21	35,642	worthless/abysmal	remarkable/quality

Nets:
Beaumont 2 batting 1 keeping
Sicelo	 2 bowling
Hartburn 1 bowling 1 fielding
Hocking	 1 batting
Poke	 1 bowling
Wikus	 1 bowling

Doing this as i need a bit of help. Plan is to 2 net Beaumont and Sicelo until they're at least 21, Beaumonts keeping only going to Remarkable. Hartburn will be trained until he hits Remarkable, then sold to buy a very decent 18yr old bowler. So thats 7 nets tied up for quiet a while, and it leaves me with Hocking, Poke and Wikus's nets. Wikus has just popped to Exceptional, Hocking and Poke to pop later in this season. I am unsure what to do with them. On the one hand i could train them another level, and have a very solid base of players, or i could use the nets to fill one of two huge holes in my team. Stamina or Batting.

So 3 stamina nets floating around, making my team able to compete in both OD and FC, or pull/buy a 17yr old bat next season and chuck him on 2 primary nets, with the other net still a floating stamina net.

Suggestions?

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Collapse!

It's early days yet, but that could be the match-winning spell from Hirst -- 13-4-25-3. Only three wickets, but they were the opposition's top three batsmen.

Hardy, Carter and John all chip in, and suddenly it's 78/7 as five wickets fall for under 30 runs.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
The players are off the field for lunch.

End of Over 35 (Maiden). BEST Indies: 42-5, runrate=1.20
Ranasinghe 8-4-8-1
Westlake* 6 (3 balls)
Aldred 0 (13 balls)

Last Wicket: Prior b. Clifford 4 (FOW: 36/5)

Playing top of the league today. Will be luck to carry to 3 days.

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
Welcome to Withernsea CG for the match between Withernsea CC and Fishs XI.

The players are off the field for lunch.

End of Over 35 (6 runs). Fishs XI: 226-2, runrate=6.46
Xhosa 9-0-57-0
Padayachie* 95 (98 balls)
Cave 20 (15 balls)

Last Wicket: Burns b. North 89 (FOW: 205/2)
Hagan b. Pembridge 9 (FOW: 23/1)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Suggestions?
Interesting times!

Your basic decision is how far to train your 21yos. I'd be inclined to take them each to "next pop plus one". Or just the "plus on" in Wikus's case -- with Sicelo, this could be your last chance for a while to get two Sensational bowlers...even Exquisite if you wanted.

Your batting isn't that bad -- if you're staying afloat, you can plug that one later. Same goes for stamina -- that's what the off-season's for!

So, if you think you can stay afloat in both forms of the game next season, I'd keep training primaries for a bit longer (probably half-way into next season), then swap out for floating stamina nets as each primary pops.

Con: It won't get you promotion next season.
Pro: You'll end up with a whole batch of very nice players.

I suppose I just see Wonderful as an attainable base level...and still regret structuring my training so that Brooker and Hirst stopped at Remarkable.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Provided they're not older than 23 or so I'd suggest training bowlers to exquisite and batsmen to exceptional, although I tend to train higher anyway.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
95/9...and John's just been tonked for six. He won't like that...

Looks like maximum bowling points for me, and pretty damn quick at that. The opposition's something of a bowling team -- they skittled me for 79 in my first innings a few matches ago, and then still managed to lose. Anyway, with a bit of luck I'll bat out the day and then get at least 2 batting points.

UPDATE: ...but John doesn't get his chance for revenge, as Carter gets the last wicket. 95/10 :)

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
Not exactly going great guns against the team above me in FC. Wickets at a premium for some reason, despite the green pitch and humid weather. Still, his bowlers' PFLs are shot, so assuming I can bowl him out twice even a largeish target should be chaseable.

End of Over 41 (2 runs). KFC Select XI: 159-2, runrate=3.88
Piercy 3-0-11-0
Shoe* 33 (64 balls)
Greene 69 (84 balls)
Last Wicket: Morley lbw b. Wilde 35 (FOW: 68/2)

Olwe

School Boy/Girl Captain
ive just had a "pop" which i dot see i the morning

Howard Cave - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,178
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, woeful batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: competent
Bowling: woeful Consistency: worthless
Fielding: woeful

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Sandwith and Reed rolling along, which is what they do -- 141/2 from 39.4 overs. I may regret playing them both defensive (with a green pitch on a cloudy day forecast, as opposed to flat and sunshine) when I see their PFLs tonight.

Both my opponent's opening bowlers have had 20-over spells so far. Knowing my luck, two absolute numpties will come on and start taking wickets!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Playing the second in the league on home soil. He's resting players though, one batsman and two bowlers above 12k BTR. Hopefully bowling first won't be a stupid move.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
End of Over 34 (12 runs). kinver lightning: 255-0, runrate=7.50
Lead by 196 runs. (BEST Indies 59-10)
Bell 4-0-36-0
Stevens* 128 (109 balls)
Gordon 126 (96 balls)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I really don't know what this chap's playing at -- his openers have gone 26 overs each!

202/2 -- a century for Sandwith and fifty for Reed. Four bonus points down, four to go.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
End of Over 100 (5 runs). Jamees 999ers: 277-8, runrate=2.77
Sargeant 24-4-80-0
Bush* 1 (4 balls)
Mbeki 15 (21 balls)

Ton for Warnock, lots of 20s elsewhere.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
As if on cue, two new bowlers appear as soon as I finished that last post. 26 overs on the trot. What kind of orders are those?!

So, a steady stream of pies starts flowing...then Sandwith gets bored and decides to run himself out for 132. Bugger. 247/3. Think I've got about 10 overs left today, so might get to 270-280. I should have enough batting left to get those bonus points early tomorrow and declare.

What the hell?! Their opening bowler is back on for his 27th over!

Dead Badger

State 12th Man
I've pretty much given up on modifying the orders. The one time I tried to spare a bowler with shorter spells, he ended up bowling more than anyone else. At least with the default, they only seem to bowl one over too many each; two if going particularly well.

Denied my opponent one batting point; might've hoped for better given the favourable conditions, but he's got a lot of batting. Now in against some decent but pretty knackered bowlers (moderate at best, I think).

End of Over 6 (4 runs). Beard XI: 21-0, runrate=3.50
Trail by 308 runs. (KFC Select XI 329-10)
Tynan 3-1-10-0
Platt* 8 (17 balls)
Liebenberg 13 (19 balls)

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
As predicted, I've ended the day on 280/3, which'll do nicely. My opponent's bowling figures are:

Perry 32-7-99-0
Lakeman 26-2-123-2
Wilson 9-2-21-0
Lescott 3-0-21-0

It's hardly as though he's topped up his XI with decent batsmen, either.

Will set them all attacking tomorrow, with a declaration target of 380 or so. This could be all over in two days :)

Spitfires_Fan

State Vice-Captain
popey cc: 367/5 (76) Woodgate 189, Derbyshire 103*, Sutton 2/57
The Heath CC: 75/3 (34) Kepler 36*

Not a bad day's play - I didn't expect to get any bowling points due to their remarkable top order, but my bowlers did a great job, with Sutton's 2/57 particularly impressive considering he's only a fee/woe spinner.

After struggling early on, Kepler and Sutton recovered from 36/3 to get to the close without losing anymore wickets. With the weather set fair for the next two days and the pitch nice and flat, I'm still hopeful that we can see this game out for a draw.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Canton CC 177 all out (53.5)
French 121; Scott 3/19 (8), Harris 3/46 (16), Tuck 3/46 (14.5)

Dynamo Morpork to bat

Good job - even though their gun batsman went on a run spree. No bonus points for them, though, and if I make a decent total I'm looking likely to win the game, so that'll be a nice 30-point cushion (even though I have a hard match left in the schedule which they don't have). Guess I can afford to waste some batting fitness and hand them a couple bonus points in order to earn an extra 140k.

Status
Not open for further replies.