• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Personally, because I think two flags is a true representation of how good they've been over the past few years. Don't hate the Saints and they deserve to win for the year they've had but I'd rather Geeloing win for history's sake.
They were the best team in 2007 and 2008.

They weren't the best team this year.

If you swapped Geelong and St Kilda's seasons then that would make sense.

Essendon from 1999-2001 were the best team each season, so I can see the argument that they wasted their 3 year window. It gives me great pleasure that they did.

pasag

RTDAS
They were the best team in 2007 and 2008.

They weren't the best team this year.

If you swapped Geelong and St Kilda's seasons then that would make sense.

Essendon from 1999-2001 were the best team each season, so I can see the argument that they wasted their 3 year window. It gives me great pleasure that they did.
Makes perfect sense to me and as this is taking place in my mind, I win :cool:

howardj

International Coach
Grand Final Marathon on Foxtel - Friday night 7:30pm until 10:30am on Saturday.

Everyone is invited over mine this weekend.

Order of Events as follows:

- GF Marathon (as above)
- Eels v Bulldogs (Friday night)
- AFL GF (Saturday 10am - 6pm)
- Aus v WI (Saturday 5pm - midnight)
- Broncos v Storm (Saturday 7:30pm)

What a bumper weekend!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Guaranteed to see the following GFs:

1989 - Hawthorn v Geelong
1966 - St Kilda v Collingwood
2005/06: WCE v Sydney (take your pick)

Josh

International Regular
Will be barracking for St. Kilda. Last time I did that, they lost. Maybe I should barrack for the Cats. I have no idea.

Will be barracking for St. Kilda

howardj

International Coach
Cheering for the Saints on Saturday.

Would be nice to see them win - especially for Riewoldt, MGardner and Warne.

irfan

State Captain
Brownlow Medallist?

Not sure how many games he's missed but G Ablett has gotta win one atleast - has had a ridiculously good three years. But knowing the umps warped interpretation of BOG it will probably be Swan and his absurd collection of cheap possessions.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Nah I think it's got a lot to do with him being touted as one of the best mids in the comp in his first season when he basically could run around untouched because Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Chapman etc were all doing to business.

pasag

RTDAS
Not sure why Ablett is such a firm favourite. Missed a few games and had a few really quiet ones towards the end as well.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Not sure why Ablett is such a firm favourite. Missed a few games and had a few really quiet ones towards the end as well.
There was some stats on Gameday on Sunday that made me think he's a certainty. He'd had something like 9 games of 30+ in his career before this season and had polled in all of them, and this season he's had 9 or 10 games of 30 plus. Pretty compelling stats.

cameeel

International Captain
How is he protected? Because he gets caught around the neck a lot?
Because (along with many others) he ducks into every single tackle, and seems to con the umpire more often than not that he deserves a free kick. That, and as Smith said, his reputation given he isn't tagged as heavily as others in that side.

pasag

RTDAS
Dominant performance by Gazza, never looked in doubt. Made it a boring night, but the right guy won. Would be nice to see J. Brown win one one of these days. The start of the night also brought back bad memories of Richo coming so close last year. C.Judd the real winner though :naughty:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
**** yes! I just won $1700 in total on the Brownlow.

My main bet was $100 on Ablett, Judd, and Gibbs as a multi to win their respective TAB 'groups'. Was paying $19.76 at the time.

Just one of those moments where everything goes right!

Status
Not open for further replies.