• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Damn - what a mess. The Cats are a pretty awesome team when they're up and running aren't they? Ablett and Chapman are amazing.

We've got the two best teams in the GF, and it should be a good game.

Will need a while to digest this in terms of where Collingwood are - on one hand, only Geelong have won more games of football over the past three years, on the other, we haven't made it past a prelim in that time and clearly have a few players who are not finals players. I wonder what Adelaide would be prepared to trade Tippett for? :p

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon Geelong might get the jump early while a few Saints battle nerves - and it will be hard to overhaul them. Riewoldt vs Scarlett will be awesome.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Scarlett generally takes Kosi, and Taylor takes Riewoldt.

Thought the umpires were shocking in the first half, both sides. Some bloody soft decisions.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Am a little surprised Geelong are such warm favourites to be honest.

On Betfair Geelong are 1.74 to St Kilda 2.32 :dry:

Geelong are ****ing awesome, but St Kilda have only lost 2 games for the year, both under 1 goal, and also beat Geelong earlier in the year, albeit in one of the greatest matches of all time by 1 goal.

pasag

RTDAS
Very happy with the two teams in the GF, should be a great match. Saints slight favourites for mine, but am going for Geelong like everyone else in the country. Looking forward to the parade on Friday

Now just need Ablett to beat Swan in the Brownlow and all will be right in the footy world.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
A mean part of me hopes Ablett doesn't win it - he's looked a bit aggrieved the last couple of years, so stuff him.

Don't think Swan deserves to win it really. If it was a true Best and Fairest, rather than Best Midfielders medal, Riewoldt would be a lock. Would be pleased if he won it - he's a weird albino freak who somehow escaped from The Da Vinci Code, but he's an amazing footballer.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I don't get why that is the case. Why would anyone want a team who won a flag 2 years ago to beat a team that hasn't won a flag in decades.
For me, it goes back a decade or more to school where there was a Saints supporter in my year and he was a ****ing terrible annoying little **** of a ****ing great ****, so Geelong are preferable for me as I have managed to steer clear of jingoistic supporters.

pasag

RTDAS
Personally, because I think two flags is a true representation of how good they've been over the past few years. Don't hate the Saints and they deserve to win for the year they've had but I'd rather Geeloing win for history's sake.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I'd like Geelong to win, so I can say that each time we've been knocked out in the Prelim in recent years, it was by one of the greatest teams of all time who then went on to cakewalk the GF.

Collingwood in the 2000s are the Andy Roddick of the AFL - its just been their misfortune to coincide with Federer and Nadal, in terms of Brisbane 2001-03 and Geelong 2007-09 :p

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Badly want a Saints win because a) we lost to them, b) they're supporters have suffered much like ours have, c) I don't like Geelong and d) I would prefer my hair to stay brown. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.