• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I may be over-reacting but i believe Hurley and Pears will be the best key defensive combo in the league in 2 yrs.
Not sure about in 2 years, but would take an absolute tragedy for Essendon not to have the best defence by 2012/13.

Will Essendon make finals, despite this awesome win, considering their injuries? Ryder's out for a while isn't he?

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Not sure about in 2 years, but would take an absolute tragedy for Essendon not to have the best defence by 2012/13.

Will Essendon make finals, despite this awesome win, considering their injuries? Ryder's out for a while isn't he?
Need to win one of the last 2 providing Brisbane beat Port at the GABBA.

Ryder is a wait and see, knights said it could be 1-3 weeks. In any case i was really impressed with Bellchambers today, thought he really had an influence at times.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I may be over-reacting but i believe Hurley and Pears will be the best key defensive combo in the league in 2 yrs.
Are they both signed up through to 2011, ie beyond Gold Coast's poaching window. Because otherwise they'd be perfect candidates for the unsigned player they'll take from the Dons. Hate GCFC already tbh.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
mikeW, with Pears and Hurley, would you be prepared to give away Hooker (who AFAIK is being groomed as a key back too) for a draft pick or two out of the GC?

mikeW

mikeW, with Pears and Hurley, would you be prepared to give away Hooker (who AFAIK is being groomed as a key back too) for a draft pick or two out of the GC?
Probably, but you can never have to many good key defenders imo. He has performed adequately this season. We have our spine set as far as I'm concerned we just need to build a super midfield. Who knows Hurley may end up even being a forward!

mikeW

Are they both signed up through to 2011, ie beyond Gold Coast's poaching window. Because otherwise they'd be perfect candidates for the unsigned player they'll take from the Dons. Hate GCFC already tbh.
Don't think so, they can't just take them without the players agreeance and i highly doubt they'd leave really no need to.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Brad Scott's our new coach...glad the circus is over and wish him well, hopefully he brings a better game plan than Laidley/Crocker and isn't going to shirk getting rid of the dead wood.

On the GC note, we signed Urquhart & Warren on new contract last week which will take them past the GC entry, they were probably the most in danger from us given their age and being QLD boys.(Swallow, Wright & Tarrant also signed new deals)

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think so, they can't just take them without the players agreeance and i highly doubt they'd leave really no need to.
Agreeance isn't a proper word IMO. Try agreement. :p.

GCFC will have a tonne of money to splash around - they'll get good players from all of us. Beams is pretty much certain to go atm.

What happened to your Didak avatar? :D

Last edited:

Redbacks

International Captain
GCFC will have a tonne of money to splash around - they'll get good players from all of us. Beams is pretty much certain to go atm.
yeah that sucks he looks like he will be a gun and the AFL are trying to say that pick 30 is a fair swap for teams that lose players to the GC. **** off, if the Crows lose Tippet it would be ****ing heartbreaking considering they have been trying for a decade to find a top quality key forward.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, cracking stuff from Robert Walls re Dean Brogan and the Power. Iron Dean carrying on like a fool while taking 9 contested marks all year, while his team runs 15th in the league in tackling and 14th in contested possession.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Only in Melbourne could the appointmet of a new rookie senior coach to the smallest club in the league push Usain Bolt's run off the front of the sports section of the paper. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.