• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Only in Melbourne could the appointmet of a new rookie senior coach to the smallest club in the league push Usain Bolt's run off the front of the sports section of the paper. :)
Talk is that Dayne Beams has signed a contract extension with Collingwood.

Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of clubs are doing this to make sure that they at least get compensation for their players if they want to leave, rather than the GC getting to take away the un-contracted players for free.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Only in Melbourne could the appointmet of a new rookie senior coach to the smallest club in the league push Usain Bolt's run off the front of the sports section of the paper. :)
Nah, we out parochial you blokes any day. Usain made page 9 of The Guardian's sport section. First seven pages were football and the eighth was Jessica Ennis's gold.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member

Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of clubs are doing this to make sure that they at least get compensation for their players if they want to leave, rather than the GC getting to take away the un-contracted players for free.
He was initially offered a three year deal to take him through until the end of 2011, but opted to sign up for only two - a move which ensured he'd be free to go to GCFC when they came in in 2011. Would be stoked if he's already changed his mind. Wouldn't say he's as good as Rich, but he's not a bad smoky for the Rising Star award. Great pick up for a mid second round draft pick.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
but he's not a bad smoky for the Rising Star award.
Considering Sportsbet already out all bets on Daniel Rich to win the Rising Star, I reckon 'smoky' is generous.

I was shocked as hell to see the money in my account after round 20 :D

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member

In the Herald Sun this morning. Wrapped.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Considering Sportsbet already out all bets on Daniel Rich to win the Rising Star, I reckon 'smoky' is generous.

I was shocked as hell to see the money in my account after round 20 :D
Would be pretty funny if he got suspended in one of the next few games.

Redbacks

International Captain
Every year at the Brownlow they talk about people being ineligible to win if suspended unless they were suspended for a time wasting offence or something. WTF, has this ever happened more to the point, how?

Hoggy31

International Captain

Name's David Hale, inaugural Gold Coast captain, hows it garn.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Every year at the Brownlow they talk about people being ineligible to win if suspended unless they were suspended for a time wasting offence or something. WTF, has this ever happened more to the point, how?
Was Mike Fitzpatrick suspended for his time-wasting, or just given a free kick against?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Footscray vs Geelong
Carlton vs Melbourne
Adelaide vs West Coast
Brisbane vs Port Adelaide
Richmond vs Hawthorn
St Kilda vs Kangaroos
Collingwood vs Sydney
Fremantle vs Essendon

Banking a lot on Bulldogs getting up against the Cats.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Footscray vs Geelong
Carlton vs Melbourne
Adelaide vs West Coast
Richmond vs Hawthorn
St Kilda vs Kangaroos
Collingwood vs Sydney
Fremantle vs Essendon

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Footscray vs Geelong
Carlton vs Melbourne
Adelaide vs West Coast
Richmond vs Hawthorn
St Kilda vs Kangaroos
Collingwood vs Sydney
Fremantle vs Essendon

howardj

International Coach
Footscray vs Geelong
Carlton vs Melbourne
Adelaide vs West Coast
Richmond vs Hawthorn
St Kilda vs Kangaroos
Collingwood vs Sydney
Fremantle vs Essendon

My operatives are telling me that the Tigers will take a punt (road) on Ken Hinkley next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.