• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
GO TIGES!!!

You beauty. You can count us out all you like, but we're still equal on points with the Kangas, Geelong, Melbourne and Sydney. Absolutely brilliant win today, was at the game with my mates, most of whom were Essendon supporters. Gave them plenty :cool: Didn't even care that it was cold and wet, because it was just great to see us whip Essendon's butts. What was even better was that our captain Kane Johnson was out, and obviously our vice captain Nathan Brown was out as he's gone for the season. Boy did Bowden step up as temporary captain in style. What a gun :cool:

Bowden, Richo, Campbell, Tuck and Coughlan were all brilliant. And what's even better, Chaffey kept Hird completely out of the game. Absolutely shut him down. Brilliant stuff.

The whole Dreamtime at the G theme to honour the Indigenous players of the AFL, past and present, was fantastic.

King_Ponting

International Regular
yeh good win to richmond but a win they needed. if they didnt beat 14th then.......................... well u decide

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Top 4 regardless of positions for me:

West Coast
Brisbane
Melbourne
Adelaide

Adelaide keep outdoing my expectations though, and with a fairly easy game this week and then 5 of their last 7 at home, a top 2 finish looks very likely.

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from the SCG

Sydney 16.9 - 105
def
Geelong 7.9 - 51

Goals SS: Hall 5, O'Keefe 3, Kirk 2, Davis 2, Crouch, Goodes, Ablett, O'Loughlin

Goals GC: Thurley 3, Kingsley, Haynes, Chapman, Bartel

Full Score SS: 1.1 10.3 13.6 16.9 (105)
Full Score GC: 1.4 3.5 6.7 7.9 (51)

cameeel

International Captain
Final Score from the Gabba

Brisbane 19.19 - 133
def
Collingwood 7.13 - 55

Goals BL: McGrath 3, Merrett 3, Akermanis 2, Lappin 2, Voss, Charman, Corrie, Drummond, Johnson, Black, Notting, Scott, Bradshaw

Goals CM: Buckley 2, Licuria, Rowe, Burns, Davis, Caracella

Full Score BL: 3.7 8.12 13.15 19.19 (133)
Full Score CM: 0.3 0.7 3.9 7.13 (55)

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Nah, Adelaide will bring it back now, Halftime and Hawks didn't kick a goal in the second quater I don't think.
Hawks - 4.7.31
Crows - 4.2.26
Doubt the hawks will hang on.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
I'd rather the hawks too, means if we (Brisbane) keep our form going, we'll just keep climbing and climbing.

What do you guys think, Can we beat West Coast next week? In current form, i'd say we are a chance, but the Weagles are looking absolutely awesome this year.

Just Adding: I knew it, 20 seconds and the hawks have already given up their lead!

King_Ponting

International Regular
yeh mate im a brissy supporter as well. yeh i think we'll beat west coast but only just. I mean we have the momentum with an accumulated margin of over 300 in the last 5 games.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Yeh, i dunno though, they're like our devil team, happened last year as well. Maybe if we knock out Judd in the opening 30 seconds...Brad Scott would do it nicely or browny...except we need Browny later on in the season, Scott should do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.