• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_D

International Debutant
This hasn't been mentioned in here yet I don't think.

Chris Grant Retires

Sad to see him go, an absolute legend. Could have played over 400 games if it weren't for injuries. Deserved to atleast play in a premiership, let alone win one. Was robbed of a Brownlow as well.
I was always big of fan of the guy... he was brilliant player before all those injuries.
Good luck to him.

Hird what a champ.. pretty good effort winning the bestn fairest in your last year.
I guess Carlton won't be easy pushovers next year now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Harvey in '97. Grant won it, but was suspended for on a bull**** charge after Collins intervened. (I'm pretty sure it was Collins). Yeah, McKernan was suspended in the '96 medal where he tied for it.

I'm absolutely shattered about Granty retiring. My favourite Dog without a doubt - absolute champion and for a while one of (if not the) best player in the game. A real shame he's been smashed by injuries; he'd have been ranked up there with Hird, Voss, Buckley, Carey etc. Also a shame to see him retire without a proper send off - but that's been him throughout his entire career; little fanfare.

Held the club through tough times when he could've made much more at Port. Leaves a huge hole in the heart of the club and hopefully he'll stay on in some role. One of the best 'Dogs of all time.

Thanks Granty. :(
So true, compare the way Grant went out to Hird (that's not having a dig at Hird, just showing how modest Grant was really).

Grant should have been there along Ricciuto, Archer, Hird and Kouta in that Brownlow tribute.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I was disappointed Clement missed out on all the tributes as well. I know he probably announced it pretty late, but he wasn't featured in the Brownlow tribute (admittedly that would have been quick work by all involved), the GF Footy Record, or the GF pre-game tribute.

He's not Roo, Archer, Hird or Kouta, but the guy was a multiple all-Australian, and a Copeland Trophy winner - it was bad enough he didn't get a tribute at his last game (although that was his choice), but they could have at least mentioned him at the GF... :@

Might have to call SEN and complain about it - that will produce some action! :)

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Buckley is reportedly announcing his retirement at the Magpies B&F. One hell of a year for retirements.

EDIT: My thousandth post, and i wasted it on a collingwood player. Oh God.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, footy journos must have spies everywhere. And the clubs all leak like there's no tomorrow.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL! That's harsh. He's a lot better now. Particularly his last 2 seasons.

With Bucks gone, that only leaves Harvey and McLeod left when it comes to absolute champions of the mid 90s onwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.