• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Anyone else find it disgraceful that 9 Geelong players were AA?

FFS even Essendon of 2000 only had 4.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Disgusting. Is the AFL ever going to stand up to Collingwood, or anyone else for that matter?
a) Clash jerseys are stupid. If you are at the ground, or own a colour television, and aren't colour blind, and you can't distinguish between teams without them wearing ****house jumpers that piss on 100 years of tradition, then you need to shoot yourself in the kneecaps with a nail gun and just get over it.

b) No, noone is ever going to stand up to Collingwood while we remain the biggest, and most important club in the league and while we have a president and board who know it and act accordingly.

c) Looking forward to the sooking from Kangas or Port about jumper clashes/not being able to wear their SAFL jumpers at the grandfinal.
:p

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Rusling > Judd anyway. :ph34r:

Just putting it out there. (and in 2008, it may well be true)

Although in seriousness we'd have to give up him or Didak or similar to get Judd, which is why I'm ambivalent about chasing him too hard. I LIKE our current team - second ruckman aside.

mikeW

Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Melbourne are the 4 clubs Judds narrowed it down too apparently from Hutchy (Footy Classifieds).

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Everyone else bar Rivers and McClean are bait imo. Give 'em what they want I say, he's exactly what Melbourne need. A massive name and face to lead the club.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Corey and Mooney the only Cats who definitely shouldn't have been in there. Johnson got in because he was the best in his position, although that spot is often reserved for a midfielder who misses out - which they can't do anymore with this pre-announced squad of 40. Egan was a bit of a surprise, but it's good to see them rewarding a CHB who is actually a defender first, rather than those who are nominally a backman but are more likely to be seen frolicking in a nightclub before a game than with an opponent.

Ablett and Bartel had to make it. Ling and Scarlett were "should make its". Milburn has been no better this year than other years, but I think it was a bit of a "You've been good over a long time and have been stiff in previous years" guernsey. Pretty much the same for Dustin Fletcher.

Brown and Pavlich's positions are out of whack.

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Melbourne will look to trade Johnstone to another club for a pick to on-trade to WC. No-one would offer a first round for him though, which is what WC will want. Two first round draft picks, and maybe Sylvia or Newton (depends on how highly they rate Newton).

Essendon have no bargaining chips. They're paying again for Sheedy's self-preservation. Carlton could well kill all its development if it sacrifices too much for Judd. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the deal include some involvement with Richmond's pick in the Pre Season draft.

mikeW

Melbourne will look to trade Johnstone to another club for a pick to on-trade to WC. No-one would offer a first round for him though, which is what WC will want. Two first round draft picks, and maybe Sylvia or Newton (depends on how highly they rate Newton).

Essendon have no bargaining chips. They're paying again for Sheedy's self-preservation. Carlton could well kill all its development if it sacrifices too much for Judd. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the deal include some involvement with Richmond's pick in the Pre Season draft.
We have plenty, what are you talking about? Pick 6 is a start and then we have a few players who could command top picks if WC arent interested.

Hoggy31

International Captain

Would take him for the right price, would add some class to our midfield. Wouldn't give up a 1st or 2nd round pick though, maybe a 3rd round pick + Sansbury or Brown. How old is he, 26-27?

Status
Not open for further replies.