• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasag

RTDAS
Pagan was in WA having a look at Gardiner, I think its the most likley scenario but on the other hand we don't want anymore problems like Karl Norman and co.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Clapo said:
If it ended up as such brisbane would be getting screwed over majorly!!!! They'll be look for a 1st round pick, or at least a player far better than power and maybe a 2nd round pick
Yeah, but we've seen many trades where a player is keen to move and his club are just forced to take what they're given.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Clapo said:
If it ended up as such brisbane would be getting screwed over majorly!!!! They'll be look for a 1st round pick, or at least a player far better than power and maybe a 2nd round pick
nah i think its a fair trade aka at the age where afl footballers these days start losing form gain more injuries etc... Power still in development.

but i dont think aka will go there.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ash chaulk said:
nah i think its a fair trade aka at the age where afl footballers these days start losing form gain more injuries etc... Power still in development.

but i dont think aka will go there.
He's been in development for 3 years and hasn't been a certain starter... how old is he in any case ??

Wonder if sheeds or the roo's will take him (Aka)... they seem to be good at gaining rejects from other clubs!!!

Although i doubt either has anything/one to offer the lions?

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't want to see Aker in the red and black. It would hurt too much to see one of my fav players ever down at Windy Hill. Mind you I live in Essendon so I'd go see him train.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was at a luncheon hosted by Aker last week and he said the two teams that have shown interest in him are Essendon and the Bulldogs. He then listed the pros and cons of both teams, i.e. Essendon have a poor list, good facilities... Bulldogs have a good list poor facilities.

At that stage, no other team had shown any interest.

Certainly wouldn't think the roos would even contemplate taking Aker.

ash chaulk

International Captain
aker wouldnt goto the roos altho its the common place to go for "rejected players" the kangaroos pros and cons would be bad playing list bad facilities oh and no pros

benchmark00

ash chaulk said:
aker wouldnt goto the roos altho its the common place to go for "rejected players" the kangaroos pros and cons would be bad playing list bad facilities oh and no pros
Look, at first I didn't bag you out because I just assumed you were a special ed kid, but if you don't stop being a ****, all bets are off.

benchmark00

Moving on...

Tarrant to Geelong, anyone? Kingsley's welcome there has been well and truly worn out, and if they don't get Bradshaw I think Taz would be the next best thing. Not sure how much of a 'good' influence he'll be on Hawkins though.

pasag

RTDAS
benchmark00 said:
Moving on...

Tarrant to Geelong, anyone? Kingsley's welcome there has been well and truly worn out, and if they don't get Bradshaw I think Taz would be the next best thing. Not sure how much of a 'good' influence he'll be on Hawkins though.
Dont think he fits into the culture tbh.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Agree with Murphy, we don't need older players like Akermanis.

I'm happy to see us dwindle away for a few years at the bottom if it means we build up a good stock of kids.

pasag

RTDAS
Hoggy31 said:
Agree with Murphy, we don't need older players like Akermanis.

I'm happy to see us dwindle away for a few years at the bottom if it means we build up a good stock of kids.
Like Carlton? Exactley.

Status
Not open for further replies.