• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A.F.L Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
Blight = awesome. Actually tries to tell us things that we aren't blatantly obvious.

Walls = horrible.
Agreed. He is a **** commentator, but I like to hear what he has to say.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Dermie is the best expert comments bloke in the business hands down.

Nothing beats the sunday footy team of Cometti, Dermie and Dwayne Russell for mine.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
ash chaulk said:
be interesting to see if that small dark haired freo player gets off with that bad video evidence
I don't know about anyone else but it looked to me to be a small long blonde haired freo player - McManus. Maybe I should book an eye test....

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
pasag said:
Blight is so horrible and Walls isnt much better. The crap he was saying about " To win without risk is to triumph without glory" was so cringeworthy.
Blight is a champ. Walls is a tool but I've grown to really enjoy his comments, they are so obvious and/or mindblowingly stupid that they are comic genius - much like Phil Cleary on the ABC coverage of the VFL. C'mon the Bendigo Bank Cats (oh yes it's come to that!).

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great Birtannia said:
Blight is a champ. Walls is a tool but I've grown to really enjoy his comments, they are so obvious and/or mindblowingly stupid that they are comic genius - much like Phil Cleary on the ABC coverage of the VFL. C'mon the Bendigo Bank Cats (oh yes it's come to that!).
Haha Phil Cleary is dire. His comments comprise of "OHHHHHHHH gee that's tough, Roscoe."

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking likely that Aka will go to the Doggies next year unless they can't make a deal with the lions. Any thoughts from the Doggies fans ???

pasag

RTDAS
He doesn't look at all like he is going to WB for sure at this stage. He wants to go there but Brisbane have all the power in this situation and will try and milk out the highest exchange possible. If the WB aren't offering a good trade he won't be going there guaranteed.

Johnners

Thats what the talk is...although with the falling out and all you'd wonder if the Lions wouldn't do it just to **** Aka off....although i very much doubt it!!

Power & Another draft pick would be great though... moreso for the 1st round pick than anything else!

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Brisbane will no doubt insist on a first round pick for Aker, but will eventually have to face facts and acknowledge nobody will give one to them, and then take what they can get.

Also, I saw briefly on the news today Michael Gardiner leaving talks with Sheedy. I take it no deal's been done yet, but what do Bombers fans think of that? Again, you'd hope they wouldn't pay too much.

Finally, I would like to place a "To Sell" ad on behalf of the Pies - Chris Tarrant. Wanted - first round pick, or pacy midfielder, or nearest offer. Who would want him and what do you think we could get for him?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol, damn I hope Essendon get Gardiner and he screws up. Add him with Zantuck and you have failed rejects, though at least Gardiner was a gun at one stage.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Matt79 said:
Brisbane will no doubt insist on a first round pick for Aker, but will eventually have to face facts and acknowledge nobody will give one to them, and then take what they can get.

Also, I saw briefly on the news today Michael Gardiner leaving talks with Sheedy. I take it no deal's been done yet, but what do Bombers fans think of that? Again, you'd hope they wouldn't pay too much.

Finally, I would like to place a "To Sell" ad on behalf of the Pies - Chris Tarrant. Wanted - first round pick, or pacy midfielder, or nearest offer. Who would want him and what do you think we could get for him?
Wouldn't want him, and I really doubt you'd get anything more then a 2nd rounder for him.

Hoggy31

International Captain
Jono said:
Lol, damn I hope Essendon get Gardiner and he screws up. Add him with Zantuck and you have failed rejects, though at least Gardiner was a gun at one stage.
Gardiner will prosper with a change of scenery, imo.

Tarrant is so overrated, worth nothing more than a 3rd round pick.

Johnners

Matt79 said:

Perhaps Geelong ?? If they don't get Bradshaw (hope they don't, can't stand the Cats, and i'd love to see them outta the finals again next year) there really isn't many other good foward options that are going to be on the market... In any case...is Malthouse really going to offload Tarrant ??

Johnners

Hoggy31 said:
I reckon it'll just end up being Power for Aka.
If it ended up as such brisbane would be getting screwed over majorly!!!! They'll be look for a 1st round pick, or at least a player far better than power and maybe a 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.